• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Youngest Civic Type R FN2 driver?

Depends on your willingness to pay the insurance dunnit. If you're okay with spending 3 or 4 grand on insurance, then you could do it at 17.

Ordered mine when I was 25, nothing would have stopped me doing it earlier other than having the readies for a brand new car...

Depends on your willingness to pay the insurance dunnit. If you're okay with spending 3 or 4 grand on insurance, then you could do it at 17.

try doubling it i got quoted 7k for a ep3 last year lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 24 when I got mine turned 25 about 2 months later. Insurance was £450 fully comp, those were the days im 27 now and pay £780.00 after my little crash. :(

22 When I brought mine and am 23 now, insurance first year was carrying on from my Astra turbo (no increase) which was £850 FC & this year its £650 FC.

Astra Turbo at 21? for 850? How?!

I got a quote for £1,000 last year when I was 21 but that's with an accident (took it up) and my mum and her bf on the insurance (took it down a notch). Think they are group 15 but without googling it dont quote me on it

Astra Turbo at 21? for 850? How?!

I got a quote for £1,000 last year when I was 21 but that's with an accident (took it up) and my mum and her bf on the insurance (took it down a notch). Think they are group 15 but without googling it dont quote me on it

By the way im always insured fully comp on my cars as the money I spent on them I always wanted to make sure I was covered for everything on them.

I Dunno how it was possible though as I actually had a RX8 (190bhp) before that, owned it for 2 months and 3 days then wrote it off and got the astra which was 200bhp standard and convertible which means it was a insurance group higher than a normal one.

I was insured through Bell, they tried upping it in my renewal this year though even though it was another year without a claim so it would have gone from £850 to £1100 so I rang around and ended up with A-Plan who done me a great deal and will cover me for any mods except nitrous, which is good as my FN2 will be supercharged in a couple of months when I get my flashpro. :D

i'd just turned 23 when i got mine. cost bout 1200 i think for insurance. but i have got 3 years no claims.

18 when ordered, purchased and picked up MY09 59 plate CTR GT.

Now 19, with near 6k on the clock, various mods to com in Sep through TDI north.

Im paying 238 euro a onth insurance fully comp. (near 3k quid a year).

Worth every penny!

Not that I'm much of an advocate with the MR2... But it's so not worth the insurance money to drive a Honda at whateverteen years old.

Back