• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

How did you find actually driving to Germany with the RR? I mean that's a long way, your ears must have been ringing by the time you got there!!

Numerous lols at getting banned twice in three days

Seen this down Eurospec... remapped?????

WTF happened to that front Advan BTW... it's chewed mate :(

It happened on the train going in to France, I think where I moved left to avoid a staircase in the carraige it clipped the kerb. Noticed it when we pulled over in a petrol station to wait for Loxy. Was proper pist. Really wasn't happy, didn't feel a thing either and thought I gave it a wide berth. Obviously not. First time I've ever kerbed a wheel too. Raging.

Mapping wise, all will be explained soon. Give me a day or two.

How did you find actually driving to Germany with the RR? I mean that's a long way, your ears must have been ringing by the time you got there!!

It seems you are one of many that can't get to grips with the lack of practicality of the RR :lol: But I honestly don't really notice it; to a point where it's painful or irritating I mean, I can obviously hear it. It just blends into the background with me and I can happily drive for hours and it not faze me.

What you have to understand about Karl is that he's...........how can I put this? ****ing MENTAL.

Well the time has come to explain the issues with my EML whilst on the way to (and during) the 'Ring trip and my successive remap. I took the car to Eurospec to have a word with Romain as no-one could quite figure why the light would be on and vtec not engage if there wasn't an issue with the oil. Plugs the Kpro into his laptop and reads a 0171 error code; basically the car was running lean pre-vtec. Now, at this point I don't have anything negative to say about Mase and his map, as we're only human and we all make mistakes. Along with the fact that no-one else has ever had an issue with his maps (from my experience on this forum), I will attribute this an isolated case.

After this I thought that Romain could just adjust the current map but Mase had had it locked, so Romain had to delete the file and re-upload his original one (but with some refinements to attempt to gain a little more power; at the slight detriment of torque). Yet before this, he ran the car on the dyno (after disconnecting the battery to reset the EML to allow vtec to engage) to see what Mase's map was producing, and he was not impressed.

Now I don't want to come across as starting a tuner war and all that shizzle, and the fact that dynos are subjective, conditions differ yadda yadda yadda, and that I don't know enough about how they work to pass a concrete statement of comparison. Yet it would come across that the Mase map was not all it was cracked up to be, mainly down to the supposed power figure, and the rough torque curve.

I'll leave the comparison maps here for people to make up their own minds etc; yet for the record, I was happy with Romain's original map, I was also happy with Mase's map; it was only the EML issue that provoked finding this out, and consequently I am happy with Romain's tweaked map.

All in all I'm not sure what to think as can't be certain on what's real and what isn't so I won't aim hatred or love for anyone, I just wanted to post the experience for others to view and decide upon.

Map 1 - Mase map on Eurospec dyno (green) compared to Romain's original map (red).

1.jpg

Map 2 - Ro vs. Mase torque after Romain had tweaked his original map (Mase still green).

2.jpg

Map 3 - Comparison of power and torque between the two final maps (Romain red, Mase green).

3.jpg

Interesting reading, I've sent Steve a link to this, so I am sure he will pop along... Interesting to see how Romain made some 'refinements' to a map.... Were there any different mods added to the first time that Romain mapped it? As that's a significant 'refinement'

Glad you're happy though, I'm having no problems with my map FWIW.

One does have to wonder about those map overlays... will the truth ever come out, about the figures being made and not being made? :confused:

I've never ever heard of a pre-VTEC lean CEL in my 4 or so years, multiple forum memberships and random reading up on and association with Hondas. That's a pretty random one.

Is it yet known whether there is likely to be any lasting damage?

Refinements or not, suffice to say the EML was thrown since the re-remap. I'm glad to hear Romain sorted it out Karl.

Guttingtons about that Advan also. :(

Car looked great down Eurospec too :D

Back