• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Cool - not a dig. Just foraging for info - it's something I like the idea of.

Ah no mate, didn't see it as a dig at all :) But yeh, there are some drawbacks, but it's owner dependant as to whether they bother you, to me, it's of no real concern, as I am happy to adjust my day to day driving in order to have the fun factor when I want/need it ;) Other people, I'd expect, may be put off by the concept of increased fuel usage, or the fact that you should consider a LSD to be coupled with it. I mean, my route, with Spoon final drive, the imminent purchase of a Wavetrac diff, plus fitting and new gearbox oil (plus a J's magnetic drain bolt) is teetering in the region of £1600 or so..

Right, from a few requests, and the reason that I'm so excited I can't really contain it! :lol: I have adhered to providing a list of my next stage of purchases and my plans for the car :) As always, comments are welcome, yet I'm expecting a few "your exhaust isn't really realistic for the road" or to that effect lmao! But here you go:

Parts purchased/ purchasing:

Spoon 5.062 final drive
Wavetrac LSD
J's Racing magnetic transmission bolt
Tracy Sports 65mm throttle body
Skunk 2 fuel rail
Mugen pedal extensions
Tegiwa brake stopper
Buddy Club short shifter with aluminium bushes
Takata harnesses (x2, long versions)
DGI Industries harness bar
RBC with Karcepts adaptor and gaskets etc
J's Racing 4-2 manifold
J's Racing 2-1 downpipe
J's Racing FX 70RR exhaust (steel version with single silencer)
J's Racing exhaust mounts
J's Racing 70RR bung silencer
Stickers lol

Plans:

To get the RBC and manifold ceramic coated by Zircotec. RBC in metallic black for bling and performace, manifold in mere performance black.
Then to hook everything up to a K100 ecu and re-mapping courtesy of Romain at Eurospec (former Artech glory)!

And there you have it :D :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
loud is not a word to describe how loud that will be :lol:

What a way to blow £4000.

That will be loud as feck :lol: .

Yeh after watching countless videos on youtube of the 70RR I just fell in love with the noise :p Yet I am aware it will be uber loud! But a part of me still resides to being an ASW haha

Although the total will be a bit upward of your figure Suits :? But I don't mind, hopefully it'll be worth it.. Just got to wait for it all to arrive now! :(

Some nice parts you've ordered! Only shame is you wont be able to track it anywhere cause of how loud it will be :lol:

:lol: Karl you ASW! What a fecking list though, I knew you would have gone with that exhaust regardless of people/me putting you against it lol. Fair play to you though, I bet it will sounds immense!

you sure no how to go on a spending spree :lol:, some nice parts you got :smt023

Wish i had that amount of cash to blow.

You coming JAE? Will it be ready?

It was a treat to myself after selling my house, I don't usually have that kind of cash under my pillow as it were :lol:

But yes I am coming to JAE :D and if everything goes according to plan it will be ready, but it's just a waiting game in regards to the parts. If they arrive when I think they should, they'll arrive mid-August so if that happens then I'll be sure to have it finished by JAE for people to see :) That's the plan anyway.

Some nice parts you've ordered! Only shame is you wont be able to track it anywhere cause of how loud it will be :lol:

I'm expecting the bung to bring it down to the 100db level or lower (or that's the impression I get from videos on the internet) so I think I'll be able to visit some tracks but possibly not all :)

:lol: Karl you ASW! What a fecking list though, I knew you would have gone with that exhaust regardless of people/me putting you against it lol. Fair play to you though, I bet it will sounds immense!

:asw: FTW! :lol: But yes, I'm really hoping it's going to sound as good as I'm expecting it to :twisted:

LOL. Way to go y0! :cool:

Is that all ordered then or 'the plans'?

Those acquisitions skin my Genuine Mugen Wing kitty hard :(:p.

I think when all of this is done we should all arrange a small meet some where in the south. Lets face it, we all want to hear how its going to sound.

Look forward to seeing it.

:smt023

you living in your car now ? :lol:

:lol: Nope, moved in with my other half and her sister. Plan to get our own place in a year when their fixed term mortgage deal ends. But if she ever finds out how much I've spent this time I may well be living in my car :?

LOL. Way to go y0! :cool:

Is that all ordered then or 'the plans'?

Those acquisitions skin my Genuine Mugen Wing kitty hard :(:p.

Virtually everything is ordered and paid for mate, just a few bits to get sorted and then await their arrival :cool: And sorry to quash your aero acquisition, yet I'll get there in due course.

I think when all of this is done we should all arrange a small meet some where in the south. Lets face it, we all want to hear how its going to sound.

I'm happy to attend such an even ;) hehe

Tunnel run would be the nuts.

B*ner-riffic! :twisted:

Right, from a few requests, and the reason that I'm so excited I can't really contain it! :lol: I have adhered to providing a list of my next stage of purchases and my plans for the car :) As always, comments are welcome, yet I'm expecting a few "your exhaust isn't really realistic for the road" or to that effect lmao! But here you go:

Parts purchased/ purchasing:

Spoon 5.062 final drive
Wavetrac LSD
J's Racing magnetic transmission bolt
Tracy Sports 65mm throttle body
Skunk 2 fuel rail
Mugen pedal extensions
Tegiwa brake stopper
Buddy Club short shifter with aluminium bushes
Takata harnesses (x2, long versions)
DGI Industries harness bar
RBC with Karcepts adaptor and gaskets etc
J's Racing 4-2 manifold
J's Racing 2-1 downpipe
J's Racing FX 70RR exhaust (steel version with single silencer)
J's Racing exhaust mounts
J's Racing 70RR bung silencer
Stickers lol

Plans:

To get the RBC and manifold ceramic coated by Zircotec. RBC in metallic black for bling and performace, manifold in mere performance black.
Then to hook everything up to a K100 ecu and re-mapping courtesy of Romain at Eurospec (former Artech glory)!

And there you have it :D :twisted:

I must come JAE just to see this car! :twisted:

If you do meet up, I'll pop down if thats cool, I'd love to have a look as well.

Back