• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RevMonkey's Fn2 :) Updated, Carbon wrap

just seen this thread. car looks well Rev, good effort. I am toying with the idea of JAE as well, would be cool to meet everyone in the real world.

I'm game but i have to see what's what, started a new job at Edinburgh university on Monday , September is start of term and it's all hands to the pumps, a long weekend should be fine I hope but I'm waiting til I've signed my contract before I start asking for time off ;) give me a couple of weeks !

i aint a camper!! a will keep my eye out for any movement on this and possibly show face if possible

trying to get a meeting with rowbo to see about doing some wrapping, fancy a wee meet again?

Not a camper? Really why not ?? 5 star luxury of dirt ;)

As for a mini meet I'll quote Rowbo the first time I met him "mate if it's Hondas I'd come out for the opening of a crisp packet" ;)

small update, picked up my smoothed out airbox from RossK last night (which he then stuck on for me in the rain) coupled with my K&N panel filter. Neither of us expected it to make much of a difference with the stock cold air feed in place. The run home (40 miles) however proved otherwise, throttle response is now super sharp, induction noise is louder and you get a lovely sucky hissing noise before it clears its throat and barks :D. Engine seems even more willing to rev and feels like its breathing much more easily. I dont know if its given me any more BHP in real terms but it certainly makes a difference, next i think will be a ram air setup in place of the oem cai.

Cant recommend this mod enough, if your handy all you need is a dremel, some sandpaper and plenty of elbow grease, if our like me and abit cackhanded with delicate stuff you ask a helpful mate to do it for you and pay them some money for their efforts!

I don't have pics at moment but will get in the case at dinner time! I'm sure rossk has photos of his on his thread though Dom .

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, Telekinetic inter cranial transmission device

I'll be in Falkirk Sunday morning for a few hours and at a loose end if anyone wants to come rescue me for a couple of hours :D

Hi jord, there's recent pics in the OP now and the same one page back from here! Sure you've already seen those though. Cars covered in gull mess again fecking airborne vermin. Will get some photos of the smoothed air box up along with tomorrows little escapade !

Oh and I meant to say I took the sound deadening off the bonnet too, what were Honda thinking who wants a quiet R : D

Last edited by a moderator:
56aec532-adc2-9e48.jpg
rossk smoothed lovely airbox, ok it's not pretty like a mugen or tegiwa carbon one, tegiwa air intake to follow in a few weeks. It feels better for it though !

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, inter cranial transmission device

I know this is a daft question but is that just where the filter sits. Has it made a difference. might do this to mine

Yep that's exactly what it is :)

Better noise, throttle feels snappier, engine seems to rev more freely. The mugen and tegiwa carbon airboxes are based on the standard one , but smooth insides and a more direct cold air feed (couple of weeks and I'll get something on the go)

My box won't be as good as them but it's closer than the original. http://www.hondata.com/techkseriesairboxmod.html

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, inter cranial transmission device

Back