• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Obviously each to their own Bazza, especially when spending £32k> but the strip looks terrible on the photos, fingers crossed it looks better in the flesh.

That orange wrap looks gash, more of a focus ST colour by the looks of it, dealer deserves a kick in the nut sack

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. He did warn me its a bit of a gamble. I didn't think it looked too bad. Prefer my white one though =}.

Dissent realise it was a wrap haha. Rookie error.

Hmmm Jimmy, if your Grantham & have a cw fk2 then we need to sort our boundaries out, we're only 20 odd miles apart :smt071

Hmmm Jimmy, if your Grantham & have a cw fk2 then we need to sort our boundaries out, we're only 20 odd miles apart :smt071

I declare war on this account!
Haha, not seen you on the road around and about so far. Where are you based? We have 3 in town and nearby villages lol. 2 white and 1 red

Christ their becoming common already, I'm Leicestershire, got my car from Peterborough, luckily I don't travel much as I get lost In a circle.

So we agree that you stay in grantham :whistle

Christ their becoming common already, I'm Leicestershire, got my car from Peterborough, luckily I don't travel much as I get lost In a circle.

So we agree that you stay in grantham :whistle

:lsabre: I'll defend Lincolnshire haha.
Those two other cars had theirs very early to be fair before me. I have not seen any since then. And thankfully my dealers is now orange so I don't have to turf war with him :smt071

I'm laying claim to Cornwall, except when Ricky Wilson comes home then there are two of us, one white and one blue....:smt071

My dealer got back to me yesterday and said the car should still here 22/12
But I can't have it till the following day which is a pain as I need to drive it
back to Germany the same day
I'm having them wrap a red and black strip down the car as Ive been told
It should add 15bhp :)

i actually thought you were taking the p1ss and just being sarcastic. Its not for me im afraid.
But the orange i actually think looks great (minus the red bits) Its the colour the R is calling out for. Be bold i say on a car like that, its not a Mercedes, it doesnt have to be grey, silver, black or white. (i know the R has blue and red too, but their still boring colours)

The way I see you don't buy a Type R to to be just another
face in the crowd so strip stays if I wanted to be like everyone
esle id buy a golf R or a BMW

The strip will be glossy and not Matt like in the pictures

Posted on CTRO:

Dragonfall said:
Just got back from my Dealer, having had an uncomfortable conversation (for them) about the 'real' situation regarding supplying me with a Type R.

Fact 1) Production has stopped as there is an issue with a part and production will not restart until Honda have resolved the issue. Honda are not saying which part needs attending to.

Fact 2) Honda is saying that all orders will be fulfilled by the new Registration in March 2016, but NO build slots are being assigned to anyone.
Anyone that has been given a delivery date has been lied to by the dealer.

Fact 3) Honda are going to make them in colour Batches and the dealers do not know the order of colours and hence cannot give a build or delivery date.

Fact 4) My dealer has had 5 Type R orders cancelled in the 6 weeks since I ordered, due to the vagueness of Honda on supplying these cars and was quite keen to appease me by being brutally honest rather than me cancel as well.

Seems a bit of a bit of a farce.
Whatever part issue that's stopped production, I assume this will have been fitted to previously built cars and it's the failure on those cars that has brought this to light?

Will current owners get a recall notice when a fix is found I wonder?

I'm in two minds whether to buy something else with a fixed delivery date, but do like the Type R as a package. Guess at least I would get a car that's had the fix applied.

Wow, they really have ballsed this up haven't they. When will companies learn that they just need to be honest with people once it gets past a certain point, any commercial sensitivity is rendered null and void as soon as it gets into public discussion. Soon as Jalopnik, Pistonheads, CHoC etc gets hold of this they'll be thrown to the lions anyway. Why not mitigate the coming storm and just admit what is going wrong ffs.

The way I see you don't buy a Type R to to be just another
face in the crowd so strip stays if I wanted to be like everyone
esle id buy a golf R or a BMW

The strip will be glossy and not Matt like in the pictures
The stripe just looks like it should be on a 'Limited Edition' Corsa, not a car costing in excess of £30,000.

Back