• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

That fk2 looks brilliant I had a stage one machine polish done to mine and had gyeon mohs+ applied and it looked great. But I think this looked better. Amazing results

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

FWD record set by Honda initially with prototype tyres and roll cage. Who knows what else on the car.

Who knows what else on the car.

3s5bz8.jpg

Bye Bye Type R record for being the quickest FWD car, this is the new FWD king:

http://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/17674/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-s-official-most-powerful-gti-ever-breaks-n-rburgring

I'm curious if Honda will try again, because the Ring has become a lot quicker the past year with new asphalt and bumps being removed.
Yeah but no rear seats or armrest and less sound proofing. It only weighs 1285kg! Very light.

Do this to the type r and it will be even quicker.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

But you can't buy a Type R like that, the VW Golf is for sale in the same spec it lapped the ring in.

Key is in the name "production car". If you start chopping any car about then yeah, of course you could make it quicker.

The Type R didn't have the record for fastest production car but only for fastest FWD car. The Megane Trophy R was still the quickest FWD production car.

This new Clubsport S is the quickest FWD, production, car till date. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If i'm correct the time gets registered by an official system that is next to the starting point, not by this vid, so the record is solid. :)

That would make sense, wouldn't trust it to the manufacturers to be honest with their times! Would explain why the Golf time seems to jump a second from the end of the video to the final time.

No estate. The Golf R with rear stripped, floor raised and paneled and cage/screen from roof to floor behind the front seats.

I have to admit I'd like an R estate as a family load lugger

As I'm now having both dogs I've been looking at loads of estates. Unfortunately anything with a bit of poke under £8k isn't really that nice a looking. But the Golf R estate is quite nice, so is the new ST in blue or stealth grey.

Back