• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Been and had a Clifford 330 upgrade alarm fitted today as my insurance said the OEM alarm wasn't CAT 1

84659A88-BDF6-4256-8470-784CAE8287D4_zps8wjtjs3p.jpg

I'll post the nuts pics when I clean and seal my alloys

Ok so i spent most of this afternoon cleaning my alloys and fitting the WedsSport nuts.

Found that the front passenger alloy has 2 grooves inside the wheel, maybe a stone or something has gotten in there while in Japan and scored it?
Sods law says that its the last wheel i cleaned and decided to take photos of. Also the front wheels have 5mm spacers on them? Unsure why.

Dirty

In process

Clean

All done

I'd assume there was a BBK fitted whilst running OEM 18's and then the owner bought the Weds wheels and soon realised the kit was too big, with one wheel being replaced due to excessive damage. Only thing I think that could explain two parallel scores like that.

I'd assume there was a BBK fitted whilst running OEM 18's and then the owner bought the Weds wheels and soon realised the kit was too big, with one wheel being replaced due to excessive damage. Only thing I think that could explain two parallel scores like that.

My mind has gone blank, BBK?

Yeah that would make sense.

Dude, that picture of the wheel face down made me cringe :lol: but nice work, can't beat a wheel off clean and seal. I hate seeing clean cars with dirt behind the spokes.
I'm assuming you used some sort of AutoBrite product?

Dude, that picture of the wheel face down made me cringe :lol: but nice work, can't beat a wheel off clean and seal. I hate seeing clean cars with dirt behind the spokes.
I'm assuming you used some sort of AutoBrite product?

Don't worry the face didn't touch the floor ;)
The tyres stick out further than the alloy.

I started to use Autobrite but tbh it wasn't fetching it off. So I found some old Meguiars wheel cleaner and then used Poorboys wheel sealant.

I would say for our speed limit lol. I do see a white FD2 at my local McDs lol Least Japan drives on the proper side of the road lol.

Was that the same reason the UK didn't get the DC5?

I would say for our speed limit lol. I do see a white FD2 at my local McDs lol Least Japan drives on the proper side of the road lol.

Was that the same reason the UK didn't get the DC5?

Not 100% sure but I think it was because they didn't want the competition for the EP3.

Not much been happening lately but I'd thought I'd just do a 3 month review of ownership.

Im still loving it, it's a beautiful well put together car but there is a BUT.

I need more power.
Its great through the bends but on long straights, if I floor it I feel like I could read a book.
I miss the Evo power output tbh.

So im now going to start saving for power mods in a hope that it'll give me the satisfaction I'm after.

On another note, the brake reservoir cap seems loose so I'm on the look out for some socks or I can buy a new cap.

Flashpro, Jonster decat pipe, Skunk2 Intake and Kakimoto cat-back saw 246.175 on my old one. It went well, that's for sure.

IMAG2314.jpg

Not much been happening lately but I'd thought I'd just do a 3 month review of ownership.

Im still loving it, it's a beautiful well put together car but there is a BUT.

I need more power.
Its great through the bends but on long straights, if I floor it I feel like I could read a book.
I miss the Evo power output tbh.

So im now going to start saving for power mods in a hope that it'll give me the satisfaction I'm after.

On another note, the brake reservoir cap seems loose so I'm on the look out for some socks or I can buy a new cap.
But, Evo's just aren't as much fun.

That's not a bad output.
My only problem is noise. The ATR was decat etc and it was far too loud.
Very raspy and horrible.

I'd like a nice deep exhaust note.

Back