• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Danger200
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeh to be fair if I hadn't discovered Sumo Power's website I would have bought a Pipercross Viper system as that seemed the est thing available from the likes off Max Power and Fast Car advertising lol

And yeh it is alot of money, and I do think it's a bad idea sometimes, but I just have an uncanny ability to just take a deep breathe and think "f*ck it" and click the buy button and then worry later :? But I keep telling myself it's not as bad this time round as at least everything I'm buying can be removed and sold seperately, unlike my saxo which was thousands spent exterior bits for me to lose £24k after owning it for two years :? :( That was a mistake.. So I kind of tell myself that this route is better lol
    Rattly cabin? Try putting a torque dampener on lmao!

Ah I see, well I'm sure that you can't really get the Hondata mod wrong, seems pretty damn simple hehe

And I get you, yes I guess I could have saved money by buying cheaper (but still good) parts, but I'm a wh*re for buying things that not alot of people have just to be different and "break the curve", hence buying an intake worth over a grand instead of opting for a GruppeM for half the price, even though people say the latter is better. But I intend to prove just how good the J's is by getting the damn thing on a rolling road hahaha
    So your plans would set you back just shy of £2k, which isn't too bad really, especially seeing as I'm sure you'd be very happy with it :) In reality I could have stopped a long time ago but I suffer hugely from the grass is always greener and never stop lol

And yeh, I probably could do the same with different parts, but I don't do counterfit, very rarely buy second hand, and once I see something I like I find it very hard to accept anything else as an alternative :? I don't think I'm right in the head haha

Oh, in regards to my airbox, how comes you need another, what's up with yours? Yet I don't sell my standard parts on (big stuff anyway) as I know eventually the car will be taken back to standard to sell and I need everything ready to go straight back on, I don't want to be trying to source another X, Y, and Z so everything just goes into the attic lol
    Over £1500? Yeah, you could say that :? lmao!

But yes, I do need to look at everything in detail, and think about the future too, as I'll only be living with my gf and her sister for about a year or so and then the plan is to move into our own place, so I will need to think about the costs involved with that. From the house sale, if I were to say spend £7.5k on the car, I'd still have about £4.5k left over, but with the balance of my credit card kept the same. That seems ok but I guess in reality I'd need at least £8k set aside for a deposit etc when I come to move again, so if I don't think I can save the extra £4k (which I probably won't) in 12 months then I should try and keep car expenditure down. Yet all I have to do is decide not to buy new brakes and I've already knocked £1700 off what I was thinking of spending! lmao..

And you joke, but I have done that very thing, spent 2hours in a petrol station car park drying and polishing my car after washing it haha
    Yeh it was odd, I gave them a low-ish figure to test the water, then they said "well actually we were thinking of £x" and I said that that was too much and lef it to them to think about, and then tey said they'de accept £30 lower than my initial offer :? So can't gripe about that really can I? haha Only downside is that even though living there will save me money insurance wise they don't have an exterior water supply!!! :shock: Which is going to suck, I'll haveto resort to jetwash detailing sessions when it's quiet at petrol stations lol

And yeh, I guess the plans I have will be awesome, and will be a pity as none of it will be on show but get behind the driver's seat and that'll change :twisted: Basically from the house sale I should be clearing my credit card, but I'm so so tempted to just leave my card with its current balance and continue paying it off and use the money for new bits! I know I shouldn't, but I really want to! lol
    Spending more than you earn? Welcome to my world! lol So long as you aren't as silly as me it's easy enough to rectify :)

Rent wise, her sister, very very suprisingly, agreed to my offer (£30 lower infact) :? But on the basis that it's a test amount and if bills increase more than expected due to me living there then I'll have to stump up more. The concept of her leaving us there won't happen as her bf is a labourer and there isn't any work so he doesn't have the cash, not to mention it's not the kind of place that I wish to live for any longer than I need to, not big enough, and doesn't have a driveway which is a must when I come to looking for a new place. For now it'll just be parked up outside on the street the same as it is at mine, but bonus being that her road doesn't have speedbumps and living there will result in a £70 refund on my insurance which is awesome. Gf is proving most useful ;) lol Should be out in around 2 weeks (apparently), so we'll see haha
    Main reason for selling was due to me and my sister starting to argue (which we've never done) so thought it best to sell up and part for the sake of our relationship :)

In regards to the whole gf and sister thing, they still haven't given me a figure for rent so I spent about 2 hours last night putting a letter together explaining what I'm willing to pay and why, with proper calculations in accordance to their monthly bills etc. I have printed a copy for each of them to read at the same time while I'm in the room and then they can discuss it with me face-to-face, plan to do this this Saturday as they should both be in hopefully. Then we'll see what happens after that. My sister has sorted herself a flat for her and her bf and they move in this weekend so it's getting quite close! haha Although still going to be a while as the estate agents and solicitors are a bunch of lazy bi-hatches!

And yeh, an orange rocker cover would look good, coupled with an orange SFS induction hose ;)
    2of2...
    ...Yet we haven't talked rent yet, I'm getting the impression that they want too much from me "because it'd be cheaper than living on your own" so if I think they're taking the **** (as they both earn a feck load more than I do) then I'll have to think about quitting my job and moving up with my Mum to save money :?

You know you can also spray/ powder coat yur battery tie orange to match ;) Along with your rocker cover!! haha

And yup, that's about the idea for JAE :D
    1of2..
    Hey mate, I've finally come to realise that it's probably easier to write my replies on your wall as then you have a better idea of when I've replied haha!!!

In regards to your missus' wishes, at the moment I'd say it's fool hardy and those programmes are utter horse manure as I've just sold my house for £2.5k less than what I paid for it three years ago, even with spending about £10k fitting a new bathroom, boiler, redecorating etc.. So the whole "buy a house, do it up and make money" isn't something I believe in at all!! lol

But mine was up for £190k with me expecting it to go for £180k+ but went for £175k in the end.. In terms of where I'm heading, the overall plan is a house with a driveway etc with the other half but she can't get out of her mortgage with her sister for another year so have to move in with them until we can get our own place......
    You're games suit us then pal. I don't camp and I don't take abuse from xbox warriors lol. I'll invite you Martin.
    Core mate with some mosh out chucked in. Was a hardcore fan buy it's a camp fest on here
    heya just a quick question how easy/hard was fitting ur silvatecs?? I have a 2004 sport and wondered if you knew if its the same or different because the engine is in a different place? thanks
    easy mate.

not many private sellers of X5s from looking around on trader, i guess people PX them in, they are that kind of car. the priv sale ones at the low end of spectrum are likely drug dealers and ragged i guess.

decent 2002s with sub 80k, you want closer to 60 are starting around 11,500. so for 12K should get a very decent one. as for common faults, i think the X5 is pretty bullet proof.

check out www.bmwland.co.uk forum in the x5 section for buyers guides.
    hey mate, was replying to you and it logged me out so having to send my reply as a new message :? lol

I think the bolts for the battery tie bar should either be silver or black, if sprayed red it may be a bit too much..
    Haven't seen the Spoon rear tie bar, but I'd repsume that it is fairly similar, think there's a picture of it on www.jdmperformance.co.uk though :)
    Mum hasn't started anything yet, am waiting to get the Mugen sock from Brink and then send it to her to see what she can do :)
    In terms of what I'm waiting for now, I'm still waiting for my Pitwork oil filter and J's air intake from Sumo to arrive, and my battery tie and rear tow bars from JMR :) But have been giving some serious thought to some extra strutage from Touge, along with J's front and rear camber adjusters, then D2 LCA's from unit-8 then head to TDI-north for a FRSU :D :D I'm pretty damn close TBH, just waiting for the Yen to pick up a bit more then I'll be away!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back