• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
TarmacNymph
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ....(cont)..
    Yes..... My intake is taking fookin' ages! :angry: I ordered it at the end of June, it was in stock, but they were waiting for something else to be made up for another customer, that was made, then the intake went out of stock and now waiting for a new one to be made :? d'oh!
    And other idea I was toying with was the get the sideskirts and front and rear splitters sprayed to match my wheels, so from a distance it looks like I've got the Seibon CF skirts and splitters :) (and pretty sure it'd look cool up close too) hehe
    Yen to the Pound is floating around the 150 mark today and has been dipping to 148 over the past few days, but want it to touch 155 or above and then I'll be game! :D
    Yeh the same that Lottie had made up, and yeh know it's for show only, going to powder coat it the same colour as my wheels :)
    Yup, it is many miles away from me, however, it is a mere 30 miles away from my parents ;) so I can "visit" them, leave my car at TDI, then pick it up after the work is done :)
    The oil filter does what it says on the tin, filters the oil that circualtes around the engine to get rid of impurities so the oil in the engine and sump is cleaner (not to mention me just paying opieoils a visit the other day for some Silkolene Pro S 5w40 the other day ;) mwahahaha)
    .....(cont.)
    YES YES YES!! :D I am liking that very much, I was having the same ideas for mine and it does look very very good, but I won't get it done as wouldn't want to steal your thunder, I've already got another idea in mind ;) But definately speak to your friend about getting it done..

You wouldn't be stealing my thunder mate, i bloody nicked it off that fella lol. what idea was you toying with?
    Oh right, mine does that if I click a link to another page it asks me to log in which is weird.

Yeah i think i will paint them black just so they look new again, red wouldnt be nice lol.
    Whats a pitwork oil filter do?, that intake is actually taking ages, how long has it been now? Yeah apparently we may have to wait until friday for the battery bars, you getting the rear towing eyes that lottie has? (you do no that the rear one is only for show?)
    How much are the front and rear camber adjusters? Yeah those D2s are on my list and the fact they arent that expensive either. TDI-north is a mission from you isnt it?
    how is the yen to pound atm?
    Sorry dude, I meant about the tie bar, does the spoon look similar?
    And with regards to the strut brace I have noticed that, but yes I do have air-con :cool: :lol:.
    Has she tried to knitt/sow anything yet? Be interesting to see how they turn out actually, you could start a business, I'm sure you can get mugen replica iron on patches lol.
    Yeah but purple caliper paint would look good, orange is a bit, well, "in ur face!"
    and can look a bit funny, would have to get a photoshop of some orange calipers, if not I will paint them red/maybe black lol.
    So what are you waiting on to come through, apart from the battery bar? I think I will have to clean my bar before I fit it, I'm also considering painting my bolts that hold it in :lol:
    Nah I'd go balls out for a theme, orange is a good colour :) I've had purple caliper paint custom made for me, which is another part of the big list if things to do once everything is finally here :? lol and yeh the Spoon one is similar, but if you have air-con you need to buy an adaptor kit to relocate the air-con hose, the J's engine strut is the only one on the market that doesn't require you to move it :) but if you don't have air-con, then you don't need to worry... And if you don't like silver, powder coating everything is the way forward! haha
    And correct, I spend every day at work wishing stuff to land on the counter for me so I can finally get this all sorted lol oh, and yes, my Mum is a tad partial at the ol' sowing and knitting ;)
    Haha oh really? Does she knitt then? What condition is the sock, have you seen it?
    Are you joking, bloody hell that's alot of money, although I can't seem to think of any other tie bars that look good, is the spoon tie bar similar? I like the look of an ETD, sound quite easy to fit aswell, bet you can't wait to fit it all?
    I want a tie bar that isnt silver lol oh and I've decided that I may have an orange theme going on in my engine bay and might try orange calipers (not too sure about that yet though and could woosy out and paint them red :lol:)
    @Danga, yeh the J's one is pretty hefty, I paid just over £400 for mine but with the ETD aswell :) but yes, the e-tech one will do the same job, but I think the strut and mounts are smaller, so maybe not as firm, but still firmer than not having one :) and £25 per sock? Really? :? I just bought one off of Brink for £7.50 posted and I don't even intend to use it, so can sell it on to you once I'm done with it if you can source another second hand one.. The reason I bought it is so that I can give it to my Mum to make me some purple ones :) haha!!
    Yeh I was suprised it got here with the strike etc, but am not complaining :) and yup, invoice has been found and kept for my records, thanks again mate
    Which reminds me if you look under the address paper i did there should be the invoice from Touge for your records
    Wicked, good to hear, the bird told me there was a strike on to which i replied "isn't there always" lol. Shouldn't take more than half an hour to fit it mate
    That wouldn't be too bad as I get paid on the first working day of the month. You're quite a lucky guy then that's even more money to spend on yourself :lol:.

I just asked James how much for a pair of Mugen socks, but I would be looking at over £25 per sock lol I need to think of something else to buy. Can't really afford much over £150 this month. Just checked out the J's racing front upper strut brace on another website and it's like over £200 smackers :eek: I wouldn't mind the brace as it's good, but the e-tech does the same job for £70.

I think I will get the jets as I have been using mine more often recently and the standard ones are pants. Plus the jazz ones will be wicked when the windscreen has frozen up
    Yeh I'm not one for hoovering but I think I'll make an exception hehe
    And don't worry, I'll sort you a picture of it before it gets coated, infact, I might be able to do that at work if I've got my stick adaptor in my bag, shall check.. Jazz jets were ordered in, cost £20.45 with VAT, but had to go and pick them up as they won't post them as they won't accept liability if they go missing :? But no, not fitted yet, will be done along with the rest of the stuff once it's all here, taking the car off the road for a week on axle stands and fit everything bit by bit in the evenings after work :)
    And that's pants, in regards to lots of birthdays near christmas :? I'm lucky as I have a very small family, and of those I only buy bits for parents and my sister, Mum having her bday on 4th Jan being the closest to xmas, then others being nicely spread out :)
    Haha yeah that's why I'm worried, too many females in my family to not bother with it. The problem is that I have quite a large family and my Nan, my sister, mr grandad and my Dad all have birthdays very close to crimbo so that stuffs me over lol.
    Oh were they? Did you have to order them or did you just go in there and pick them up? Have you fitted them yet? Get pictures up of the tie bar :lol: sorry I want to see it before you powder coat it lol.
    Oh really, you better start pamering it then if it's going to be stared at all day. Nothing worse that hoovering though
    Fookin' christmas!! Grrrr.... I'm trying to ignore it until the last minute, hate christmas, but have to make an effort otherwise I'm sure I'll get scorned to hell haha
    Car wise, my Jazz washer jets were picked up yesterday, and my J's rear tie bar arrived 10 minutes ago :D woohoo!! And something else, I was contacted by Huets (the place that installed my sound system) and I've been invited by JL Audio to a trade event to showcase their equipment!!!! :D :D :D uber awesome!!
    I agree, I would love my car to look a certain way but I don't think I can afford to splurge just yet
    Nah that's not extreme, atleast you won't forget anything and you can prioritise everything.
    The thing is I barely go out drinking and if i do I would say an average of once a month for the whole year. Just forgot it's crimbo soon, I don't think I can afford to buy anything for my car :( NOOOO!!!!!
    It's all in my head at present, but a written list might not be a bad idea, then hand it up on the board in the kitchen and slowly tick things off haha :D or is that a bit extreme? lol
    And yeh going out does eat into cash flow massively, but I'm used to holding back in order to get the things I want for my car.. I still went to small things like cinema and stuff, but spending 25k in two years on my saxo was only possible to the fact that I didn't go out clubbing / drinking heavily hardly ever, only twice in 18months infact :? but it was a sacrifice I had to make to get the car looking how I wanted, so I'm experienced in making my money stretch to get me the things I want to say the least lol
    haha so you have actually decided on products then, have you got a list of the stuff you want or is it all in your head? haha yeah scraping the funds together will be very hard, i go out alot so when i want to buy stuff i never have the cash.
    well my first stops are induction, springs, exhaust but not in that order
    That's a fair point I guess, and yes there is ALOT out there, quite a bit of which I didn't even know existed until I bought the car and started searching for things :) and now there's too much that I want! Although I've now got to the point where I know what I want, it's merely a case of getting the money together now :?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back