• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Danger200
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeh I had a 23 year old Galant as a courtesy car, and albeit the jokes, it was actually an awesome car! For its age, the spec was huge. Electric windows, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, air conditioning, cruise control, air suspension, butter smooth automatic gearbox, and a turbo! :lol: But even though with all that, it had a mono tape deck!! Old school cool I tell thee haha

In regards to the mentioning of colours, yes, I have a second set of wheels that I had refurbed and coloured, and then wrapped in Yokohama A048R track day tyres! :twisted: mmmmmmm hehe

So, any luck getting an orange made up for the ARB?
    Yeh you always fear that people will think that you're either really eager for the job or have a crap social life to turn up at work on a day off, even worse if it's during a week or so off lol But if you go in and pick it up you'll be able to get it fitted sooner :p Or at least to the powder coaters sooner :D

Not sure how the car is coming along, havent heard anything from Romain, so I'm guesssing no news is good news *fingers crossed*
    Yeah that sounds about right, as think they say your deposit has to be 10% of the amount borrowed, so £16k would be good for a £160k house, but I guess it will vary from bank to bank too. Got a year to mull it over though.

Yup Mum is good, bit lonely oop norf but is looking forward to coming back down south which will cheer her up :) Dad is also good, getting on with things etc. Don't speak to him frequently as I could never afford the bill haha So speak to him when he calls me.

Sister wise, her bf is just a waster. More intersted in playing xbox instead of unpacking. Most of his things from 3months ago are still in boxes and he has a go at Kerry about how untidy the house looks :? Amongst many other things that I have to bite my tongue over lol
    Dunno exactly how much mate. I suppose one BH bar could do me 20/30 cars? You don't need a lot
    £37k!? :shock:
    Well, that's me fecked then, as me and Heidi will only aim to have £16k between us... Hmmm.. Could prove interesting lol But I know what you mean about testing the water by renting first, it's what my sister and her other half are doing, and it's made her realise that he is the f*ck we all told her he was from the beginning so I think he might be out on his ear soon lol

In regards to me yeh I think things are slowly getting better, the sister isn't as brash with the alpha requirements but still likes to call the shots. Things seem a bit easier going now, so I hope things stay this way. But I'll be out come the end of August anyway as moving back in with my Mum once she moves south so I can safe more money etc..
    Well at least she's putting in some effort, even if it is towards the wrong thing slightly hehe :lol:

That made me chuckle, as I pictured a cartoon like occurance where I get home to see the shed in pieces where it had popped under the strain haha But I have posted a few pics of what has arrived thus far, so have a gander ;)

In terms of the gf wanting to move out, you cool with the whole independance thing? Not wanting to move in with her? Or better she live on her own for a while and thne talk about getting a place together after she has experienced living on her own?
    Sorry for the late reply.

I cut a bit off and use it on the car, then just keep it in a spare pot for things like wheels, bottoms of doors, tough bits etc.

You can use it over and over, but I just use a fresh bit for different carts
    Well I am getting Eurospec to put my car on the dyno before doing all my gearbox work when it goes in at the end of the month so I can compare my standard readout to the one with the J's and then post them on here to see what people say :lol:

Some more bits have been arriving for me recently too :p I can't keep up with it all, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to hide bits in the shed as I'm running out of room!!! haha Need to hurry up and get it all fitted hehe
    Part 3...
    But now it's fitted (a tad high on the right side and touching the engine strut due to the SFS hose not flexing enough to mount it lower) I am very happy with the performance! Everything seems so much smoother, and I found myself finding it all to easy to top 100mph on the motorway home whereas I'm usually happy to stick to 80mph. Motorway pickup has improved alot too, no real need to shift to fifth to get passed people. Then there's putting your foot down.. Vtec is so much smoother and it definately rises through the revs quicker than it used too :twisted: Sound wise I expected more, it's deeper, but not what I was expecting, yet I'd expect it to get deeper as it beds in over a few miles :p
    Part 2...
    And then came the matter of putting the bumper back, I knew I had to cut away a part behind the grill for the induction scoop, but no matter how much I took off it wouldn't go back.. I then discovered I needed to hack a corner section of the induction scoop off, grrrrr... Couple this with trying to fit my carbon slam panel that needed every mounting hole filed away and made larger you have a very stressful experience lol What made it worse was that due to my Uncle being away on holiday, I had to sleep in the car and wake up to continue the next day just to drive home, without food or drink for over 30 hours as I only took a small packed lunch for the first day thinking I'd be done in a few hours.. How wrong was I..? :?
    Part 1...
    Just realised that I had read your message but not replied, couldn't think why, but then remembered I was being rushed out the door by the missus to do something or other mundane so didn't get the chance lol

So did you have fun at the party? And nice to hear that a little retail therapy helped somewhat :) How are you feeling? Other half doing ok?

And yeh I was taking the bumper off to fit the induction kit. I would say I'm happy but I can't, as the fitting process was so stressful I contemplated taking hostages or something lol It took me over 20 hours in total, as when I fitted it the first time, it was too high and the strut bar wouldn't fit over the top, so had to dismantle and start from scratch, but this time with a large chunk of my SFS hose cut off so I could adjust the angle it sat over the coolant hose :?
    Sorry to hear about the pooch mate, always sucks when that type of thing has to rear its ugly head :(

In terms of getting stuff done on my car I didn't get anything done either as the drive I thought I could use (gf's Dads') wasn't as flat as I initially thought, and I couldn't jack the car up high enough to get the axle stands underneath because when it got to a certain height the jack just started to slide away, not good! lol So decided against it and am now making the trek to my Uncle's tomorrow and will have to tackle taking the front bumper off on my own :? Fingers crossed..
    Well fingers crossed it's an easy going process for you :)

And yeh if you're current drop links are seazed (mine were) then you'll need to get them cut off and replaced with new ones (as I had to), but they weren't that expensive I don't think. Only need new ones if they can't remove you existing ones though, so maybe you'll be lucky hehe
    D'oh!! I hit the "settings" button before I pressed send on my message! E-jit.. lol

Now to try and remember what I wrote.. I did lol at you touching your brakes, but only because I've also done it and it left me with a blister :?

You should have got the ARB anyway mate :p hehe

So do you think you'll be free tomorrow or have you got plans that were made a while ago and then forgotten about? ;) lmao
    Not sure mate, yet I'd definately get it looked at just incase it is something else :?

And Eurospec should be able to do the work in two or three days, but I'll have to leave it there for a week as I'll only have Saturdays off in the first few weeks of my new job but they said they'll provide me with a courtesy car for the time being :shock: lol They're based in a little village called Normandy just by Guildford (GU3 2AF) :)
    No I haven't seen too many reviews either, although I know they do brake kits, LCA's, and coilovers all with the same finish ;) hehe

And no, Eurospec's labour is very competitive, £40 per hour plus VAT, as opposed to my local Honda garage being £85 plus VAT!! :shock: :freak:

In terms of their job, I've tasked them with:
    Removing gear box
    Installing new release bearings (remembered what they were called now haha)
    Installing LSD
    Installing new final drive
    Providing new gear box oil
    Installing magnetic drain bolt
    Installing new gear box mount
    Installing new clutch
    Installing ES engine mount inserts
    Re-install gear box

So not too bad considering the amount of work involved I reckon :)
    Yeh it is pretty typical that nobody in garages you talk to mentions things like this until you've bought the parts and then you get the "oh by the way..." conversation lmao Should have expected it really. But yeh, just under £100 from Honda, thankfully Eurospec don't add a markup on OEM Honda bits they order in for me, I guess they just make their money in the labour because it's going to be a fairly bit job (£400 plus VAT for around 10 hours of work) :? :lol:

And orange LCA's? Are they the K-Sport ones? (Only brand I know that do anodized orange bits hehe) How much are those and who sells them?
    Yeh sounds as though you'll be a fairly busy bee lol But if you do fancy making the trip, give me a text (07841 417322) and I'll hook you up with the postcode etc :)

As for the Wavetrac, as far as I've been told, there is already a diff in the gear box, just not a limited slip one, so a LSD literally replaces the non-slip one that is already in the gearbox. Although, I was unaware that I would need new OEM *forgotten the name of them* to fit the LSD at £100 a pair :? D'oh! Always with the hidden costs! lol Because to get the old diff out, they have to knock *these things* out of place and they usually break so need replacing :(
    Yeh about 1.5hours is what I thought it'd be, so tis up to you if you fancy a drive in the sun :lol:

And to save a bit of money I've gone for an organic Exedy stage 1 clutch instead <from Unit 8> as wanted some engine and gearbox inserts aswell and they had a good price on them, so thought I'd get the clutch from them too. Got the Wavetrac LSD from TDI still though (which, coincidentally, arrived this morning!) and it's a big heavy beast of a thing.

Oh, and yup, paying three times the amount makes perfect sense :freak: :lol:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back