• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

What side repeaters are fitted to your cars. And do everyones match everyone elses? I've got a JDM EP3 and am stuck on what to do with mine. One of mine broke, cannot/couldn't find replacement so fitted cheap universal ones. They are **** so want something to replace them properly.
  2. Ped

New TPS fitted. Crazy high Idle? Help

So my idle was buggered before, cleaned the IACV but was still getting a reving Idle so narrowed it down to faulty TPS. Fitted new TPS this morning and adjusted its angle about 5 times but car still wants to idle at 3500RPM. Is there something i've done wrong or that needs resetting? Help!
  3. Ped

Hazard Repeater button not working.

A short while ago i replaced my side repeaters as I lost a cover. (JDM EP3, so the repeaters were a retro-fit). Since doing so my indicators have worked fine but my Hazard lights button does not work. Do they share the same fuse? Im confused as to how it cannot work yet still indicate.
  4. Ped

Throttle Position Sensor

Mines playing up. Cannot find anyone that stocks them as a singular part. I've seen people mention on the internet that they are able to be cleaned. Anyones input would be great.
  5. Ped

AEM Cai prone to **** up Idle?

Hi, So since fitting my AEM cai ,circa 4 months ago, my idle hadn't been the same. It no longer sits at 2000rpm upon cold start up. Nor settle to 1000rpm once warm. It starts and stays at 1500rpm. Now its even started to 'hunt' after its had a good seeing to in VTEC. The system, performs greats...
  6. Ped

Ep3 JDM Manifold

Hi, I was wondering does the JDM EP3 share the same manifold as the DC5 or UKDM Ep3? My JDM ep3 was bought with a Piper 4-2-1.
  7. Ped

Those damn screws holding the Disc to the hub.

Ordered some brakes the other day. Just replacements. Went to fit them today and knew from past experience when fitting my rear replacements those screws are a nightmare. Last time, I got to the disc removal after full stripping the brake of and fitting new pads etc. And to come so close and...
  8. Ped

ABS Screech.

Snow has been falling in my area and obviously sometimes the ABS kicks in. Which it does as it should then a second later the ABS module (im presuming, not 100% on how ABS is powered) makes a loud Screech/scream noise. Odd I know, but the ABS works fine and continues to work fine. Any ideas...
  9. Ped

Firm Engine Mounts

Hi all. When I bought my car the prev owner had fitted some very firm Poly engine mounts giving it the idle vibrations. Would I need to revert them all back to OEM to solve this or would I just need to replace a certain one/ones? I know that when an OEM lower engine mount i warn it can cause the...
  10. Ped

Cleaning Idle Control Valve

Hi, I've been searching and searching. I think mine could do with a clean, im pretty sure I can see where it is next to the throttle body I was just wondering if anyone know of a guide. Or could even take 2 minutes to take a picture pointing at it, And the necessary screws/bolts needed to remove...
  11. Ped

EP3 JDM Side repeater fuse?

Hi, Recently I lost an amber cover from one of my side repeaters. Because they get installed upon entering the country it was an after market part so no chances of finding a replacement lens. I've bought some 'Universal' side repeaters. Now my question is, upon trial fitting these I must of...
  12. Ped

Coolant change/ part of service.

Hi, I just wanted to know about doing a full coolant flush myself and the difficulties/lack of doing so. Is it just a case of opening the lowest plug (Bottom of Rad) aswell as removing the rad cap to let the system drain then replacing lower plug and filling. How to prevent air blocks or anything?
  13. Ped

No VTEC????

Help, I've been searching but cannot find an answer. My car seems to have gone strange. Recently my CEL has been coming on, being able to read it with my OBD2 thingy has been helpful. Its a faulty pre-cat sensor. The car drives fine and I am yet to change/replace the sensor and the CEL comes...
  14. Ped

Coolant Reservoir

Hi, I am a little baffled by the coolant tank/reservoir. In that I can understand how/why it gathers coolant from the top of the radiator and stores it in the tank. But just realised that the bottom of the tank is blocked off with a blank rubber. So how does it re-enter the cooling system? and...
  15. Ped

HELP Lost Side Repeater Lens!!!!

Was fitting my AEM cai today and noticed that my side repeater lens is missing!!!! And because its a JDM I don't think a UKDM/Honda part will be a replacement option. Anyone recognise these or know what my best option is?
  16. Ped

DC5 AEM cai fit EP3?

I've had a search but with no success. Found an AEM cai forsale that i'd like to buy. It states its fitment is a DC5 though and am trying to find out if it will fit directly onto an EP3. Any advice?
  17. Ped

Fault code P1167

o2 reading/air-fuel mix error according to my diagnostics. Had a search online and need to replace pre-cat o2 sensor (Wideband) and that shall sort this? Just want a little confirmation before I fork out circa £300 :(
  18. Ped

What is this Fuse????

Hi, I have an empty fuse slow in my engine fuse box. I've looked at the diagram on the back of the lid but it doesn't seem to follow the layout of the fuses within the box very accurately. Only picture I could find and I have circled the missing fuse. Its a JDM EP3 2001 Cheers
  19. Ped

Some help please

I've had my JDM Ep3 for around 6 months now. It runs fine, and goes fine. It has a full Piper exhaust system with sports cat with No emissions lights. My main question is that my car allows me to rev to aprox 9,000rpm. After reading up on the Hondata series (K-pro/100) i've realised my car...
  20. Ped

Ever seen one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370840030&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2953wt_927 Looks a good bit of kit and i've had a ''Green'' cotton filter before and it was a great product.
  21. Ped

Cheap AEM CAI

Hi, so I like to keep tabs on stuff coming and going on ebay for time to time and i stubbled across this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/00-05-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-COLD-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-/200610445372?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb550783c#ht_1069wt_927 Fair enough its cheap and...
  22. Ped

Piper manifold.

Hi, I have a piper full system. Im just wondering if the Piper manifold + sports cat shares the same fitment as a standard manifold so I can mix/match a different catback with the Piper manifold? Without adjustments
  23. Ped

Interior plastic paint colour

Hi, Ive tried searching but cannot find what im looking for. The person who fit the CD player into my car made a right mess of the plastics so after pulling the CD player out and other temp/press dials i have taken the centre console apart for a referb and respray. Im trying to stay OEM so...
  24. Ped

Milano Detail

So after a weekends heavy use the Milano was looking a little worse for wear. The countryside really isn't on your paint works side. So me and Duffy decided it needed some TLC... The subject we were up against... As you can see above. Its looking pretty filthy and wasn't going to be an easy...
  25. Ped

GruppeM Scuttle Plate

Hi, I bought a standard airbox from Chris (Syko) and with it he gave me a Fibre Glass scuttle plate for a GruppeM. Would it be worth anything to anyone or just bin it?
  26. Ped

How much is Piper catback worth?

Hi, im thinking of selling the Piper exhaust that came on my EP3 when i bought its. Its quite loud and i fancy something a little more subtle. wondering how much a second hand piper catback might go for?
  27. Ped

Windscreen Alarm?

Hi, stuck to the inside of my windscreen is two clear (with wire in) rectangles about the size and position of the sun visors when folded down. My presumption is that they are active sensors when the car is alarmed and are triggered if the windscreen is smashed? Could someone please...
  28. Ped

Ped's JDM EP3.

Hello everyone, Im fairly new, have posted in the Newbies section though and got great replys. So...This car is not perfect, its been driven and enjoyed. But I am very happy with the condition for the price/age. And I've seen similar aged and condition Import Type-R's go for a couple of grand...
  29. Ped

70mph RPM?

I've recently made purchase of an EP3 Type R JDM. I know they have a short ratio gear box but when traveling at 70mph in 6th gear its sitting at around 3,750rpm. This seems (and sounds) very high. Can i just confirm this is correct? I also have a wine i believe is coming from the gear box...
  30. Ped

What do people think of these?

Im picking my car up tomorrow. It has one of these one... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-APOLLO-CIS-INDUCTION-KIT-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-01-07-/310220369035?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483a932c8b What do people think of them? I've read through the Induction info thread and its not...
Back