• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mossy

decat ep3?

What info do you want? I may still have my old one in the back of the garage. It was supplied & fitted by ADR motorsport in Chesterfield - was on the car for about 15 months & covered approx 10k pm me if you would like more details
  2. Mossy

FN2 Handbrake Recall

You both beat the BBC to it - they've just mentioned it today (within their business section?) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7312427.stm
  3. Mossy

*Warning* AEM CAI + Flooded Road + A***hole Van Driver = Hydrolock :(

and don't forget my CTR ended up with 2 bent conrods back in July courtesy of the AEM
  4. Mossy

Condensation

It's nothing to do with me... ;)
  5. Mossy

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Latest one Registered Oct 97 Covered 63k K (or 39k miles) which isn't bad for 10 year old car - even if it has been mainly used as a track car
  6. Mossy

Just imported an EK9 stuck on registering it

You can get it prep'd for it's MOT now - the only thing you will NEED is to fit a rear fog light. The rest depends on the state of the car (much like getting a std MOT). Obviously it makes more sense to get the MOT after 9 years & 11 months (i.e. just before the car can be registered without an...
  7. Mossy

Just imported an EK9 stuck on registering it

Just seen this thread - but can't really help as mine didn't need to be SVA'd - just needed the rear fog light fitting (along with windscreen washers & white side lights for the MOT). I heard from other people how much hassle the SVA could be, so when I was looking for mine, the criteria was...
  8. Mossy

Ek9 Type R's Slow?

If you find one, let me know - eknine.com / ek9.cc is the only one i've joined - which Livvy moderates. Love my EK9 & it's certainly not slow :twisted:. One of the main reasons i bought it instead of another EP3 was due to it's rareity (I even see too many DC5's now). The only downside...
  9. Mossy

FN2 My thoughts on Top Gear (Ive owned both EP3 and FN2)

and slightly quicker than the ep3 round the track! missed the start - was that the FD then?
  10. Mossy

RIP R-31566

well insurance wasn't a problem, and with the proceeds, I went & bought this (and used the rest of the £££ to clear debts, & invest in my cash ISA) http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=399693 only took 105 days to get it road legal, and there are still a few bits to do on it
  11. Mossy

mossy's beast lives again!

stuck with the type-r* variety, just a different model *there's another post in the forum that has more details, but i'm keeping it under wraps (relatively) until it's all sorted. It just failed it's 1st MOT due to "blue" sidelights - but it should be fun when it's up & running
  12. Mossy

power steering

so the answer is "yes"! I found the same issue when i set off from my mates house (but it never occurred at mine) That's because at my mates, I parked directly behind his on the road (so needed a sharp right) whereas at mine I have to drive off the drive, and by the time i have to turn, the...
  13. Mossy

Sky Insurance **Top Guys**

Ollie, Thanks for coming back to me - it is appreciated :smt023 Despite my earlier post, I will return (well - ring Sky!) in 12 months! Hopefully no one else will have any issues (certainly I was the first when reading through the posts on the insurance section).If you do, then...
  14. Mossy

mossy's beast lives again!

Just had that post pointed out to me... :( not sure how i feel - should i be singing the Rocky theme tune to myself at the comeback, or downhearted that it's not been allowed to die peacefully - although given that it was only the engine that was fooked, that was never an option. Too...
  15. Mossy

Ollie, Thanks for your apology & going out of your way with looking into this issue - I've replied to your pm. I wasn't sure how "involved" you were within this forum / or what your position is within Sky, so I vented my frustrations here (never a wise idea on a Monday!) Let me know if you...
  16. Mossy

Sorry to spoil the party, but I'm not overly impressed with these guys. 1) I Rang them at 11.15 Sat 6th Oct for a quote. Was told someone would get back to me later that day with the details (as its for a grey import), but noone called back. 2) I Rang again on Thurs Morning (11:00 on...
  17. Mossy

A-Plan Insurance

Yep - had no probs with them. Only points i'd make are: 1) When my car was written off, I only had 30 days to find a replacement vehicle before my policy was cancelled (so 30 days later the policy was duly cancelled) Not sure whether this is std, or specific to Groupama (who were the...
  18. Mossy

FAO anyone who's with A-Plan

Just to add my experience been with them for 2 years now, and when I had to claim a couple of months ago (write-off), I received the replacement money well before the car was officially written off (private plate, so had to transfer that 1st before I could send off my V5) Never had any...
  19. Mossy

Just suggestions and advice please...

and with a forum name of civic_ek9, I think you probably would too
  20. Mossy

FD2 Honda Japan sells stripped down track-only FD2

So it was just put there to frustrate us all then at that price? Doesn' say why it isn't road compliant, but would have thought it could be adapted to make it so My knowledge of importing isn't the strongest, but i guess someone would probably need to fork out a couple of quid for a new...
  21. Mossy

FD2 Honda Japan sells stripped down track-only FD2

surely it's cheaper to buy this, then kit it out for UK roads? Wonder what all those who've already bought the FD2 are thinking after they've read this???
  22. Mossy

DC2 DB8 DC5 TEG Plate @ DVLA

How does that work then? :confused: :confused: :confused: I would have thought that DVLA would be the cheapest place since they are the supplier? Do they sell plates to 3rd party companies at a discount? That sounds unlikely - but more likely than nationalnumbers.co.uk selling...
  23. Mossy

But if you buy it direct from DVLA it's even more of a bargain, as their price of £250 includes the £80 assignment fee.
  24. Mossy

That's what I meant about only putting the 05 one on an 05+ car. It's fine to make your car look older though Shame that all the "mo55 y**" ones are still £2k - so not only will i need a "new" car, but also have to fork out daft money on the plate
  25. Mossy

Ther aren't that many 05+ tegs over here though still an impressive plate at that price
  26. Mossy

If this was 5 grand cheaper....

I think i'll have to go shopping tomorrow for a suitable replacement ;)
  27. Mossy

Still registered in April '04 Milage finished on 52,013
  28. Mossy

RIP R-31566

04 (with 52k on the clock) & insured for 11k insurance chap looked at it Fri am, and started writing his report insurers should get the report today/tomorrow Should find out the details this thursday... worrying times ahead
  29. Mossy

RIP R-31566

Don't know what the deal is with this (having never written a car off before!) I've got most of the stock stuff at home (air filter / exhaust / suspension / ice / spoon gear knob) - but i might struggle with the bits where I don't have replacements (seats / k-pro). will check with the...
  30. Mossy

RIP R-31566

Thanks people... Until I hear back from the insurance people (hopefully tomorrow) I don't know my budget will be, but i've started looking... However, i still want to stay in the type-r stable - & JDM is looking v tempting - even though there isn't too much around at the mo
  31. Mossy

RIP R-31566

Tragically taken from me by the great floods of Fri 20th July :smt089 :-({|= On that day, it took me 36 (yes - thirty six) hours to get home from work (it's usually a four hour trip). This included a couple of hours "sleep" on the backseat in deepest darkest Oxfordshire whilst listening to...
  32. Mossy

A-Plan Insurance

Checked around again this year, but again A-Plan came out the cheapest! Took the plunge, and had Kpro installed this week :twisted:, and so have just updated my policy. Premium increase was £75 - although this was because my milage was "slightly" out (i've unknowingly done almost twice as...
  33. Mossy

Receiving e-mails about posts

cough cough http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42226 same old!
  34. Mossy

Subscribe to threads

Not sure whether this is an issue or not? Within the control panel, I've changed the settings on "default thread subscription mode" to: no email notification. Yet I keep receiving email updates on the 2 threads i've posted on. Is this because i changed the setting after I had initially...
  35. Mossy

Increase size of PM Box

Excellent I don't have a problem with the mailbox size (per se). The issue was in going from a large size (100) to a smaller size (50), meant that the pm system would be unusable to everyone who has exceeded the new limit. What was good about the changeover, was that any mailboxes over with...
  36. Mossy

Increase size of PM Box

Cheers for the quick reply - looked in my e-mail account & found something i need to switch off in my settings! I guess i need to wait a while until Admin get round to increasing it... (surely it can be?) If not can we go back to Ph2BB!!! ;) (joke) Cheers Sharky
  37. Mossy

Increase size of PM Box

Just logged onto the forum for the first time since the swap over from phpBB2, and wondered whether the size of our pm boxes could/will be increased to what it was previously? The current limit is a total of 50 messages (inbox + sent), whereas previously it was more 100(ish i think). The...
  38. Mossy

Unused MAC Course...

thats what i thought: 1) It goes with the car - you have to do it in the Type R 2) It finished (before the type R had stopped being produced) I remember getting something through the post from mac saying that i only had 2 months left to redeem my course (didn't take them up on the...
  39. Mossy

Useful sat nav security advice

Surprised this got moved after 90(ish) views & 4 replies... (esp as 10 of those views are mine seeking re-assurance it wasn't just me with my home location in SCOTT-SCOTT) oh well - when your house gets burgled (because you're busy purchasing new plates from ikea) don't come crying to me...
  40. Mossy

Useful sat nav security advice

OK, it's the wrong section, but I bet it's useful to several of you... Was watching "The Real Hustle" last night, and they pointed out something that i'd never thought of before: :oops: Think about it - if you're unfortunate to be broken into, there is a high possibility they will check...
  41. Mossy

Diskloks

Whereas amateurs won't???
  42. Mossy

Red JDM Mats

Or try the traders section if you're quick... ADH have got a couple of sets left
  43. Mossy

pics of CTR alloy heater controls

Real alloy You can get them in either brushed or polished for £28 delivered. want to see them in the flesh before i part with my pounds though
  44. Mossy

Another Feedback Change?

Just left feedback for Smeg - added a comment, but forgot to pick whether it was positive / neutral / negative #-o (i know). As a result, TRO bot (in its wisdom) assumed my feedback was neutral. When leaving feedback, can the settings be changed, so that no icon is defaulted. That way...
  45. Mossy

Garage Review

Assume this will be linked to the garage problems that have been picked up recently: SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'mods.garage_id' in 'on clause'
  46. Mossy

Registered April '04 Coming up to 24k miles (23.7), and i've enjoyed all but 27 of them (25 was delivery milage, and 2 covered during 1st service)
  47. Mossy

A-Plan any advice

However, incase anyone else has the same question - the company is called Groupama, and there website can be found here
  48. Mossy

A-Plan any advice

I'm with A plan, and my policy is sourced through them (although think it's spelt differently). Not sure what questions you're asking though :? EDIT: Just realised that this is an old thread
  49. Mossy

Logged On Indicator

You do know that you can just look in your outbox??? If it's still in there, your pm hasn't been read, if it's not - then it has.
  50. Mossy

Website Flyers

This idea just occurred to me, and I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. On occasions I get the train to work, I always walk past the same standard silver facelift CTR. It's always clean, and the owner obviously looks after it, but i have no idea whether they are aware of the forum... So I...
  51. Mossy

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

Additionally, if you want a HAMP oil filter to go with your 5/40, then there's also Unit 8's "Mini-service" pack to consider: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=118780 Spoilt for choice!
  52. Mossy

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

Yes he/they do - you need to register through the members section, (quoting this forum), and with the members discount, the price drops to £39.99
  53. Mossy

If you want a JDM CTR look here

and failing that, there's always Typy's: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7789
  54. Mossy

Tinted Windows

Close - it's 30% tint for side windows, & 25% for windscreen as at April 2004 (according to http://www.vosa.gov.uk) More info from here: http://www.itv-motoring.com/features/everything_else/2276.asp
  55. Mossy

FN2 New CTR officially announced today by Honda....

Good guess: 3 - 13 March http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/ Anyone up for a group meet? :wink:
  56. Mossy

red nose off or on?

i have loads of thoughts... but none of then concern a big red H & a replica mugen grill (sorry)
  57. Mossy

Not looking forward to insuring my car in the UK :shock:

Chris Don't be put off by A-plan's first quote. My first one was higher than I was expecting, so I tried Greenlight & Adrian Flux, & then went back to A-plan (they asked me to come back to them if I got a better quote elsewhere) So keep trying. My recent adventures can be found here...
  58. Mossy

CTR Interior light

Thats correct - I had to do the same a couple of months ago when changing the bulb Make sure it's not a phillips / cross head screwdriver though :wink:
  59. Mossy

Just been invited....

I'm too impatient for that, tonight was empty in the calendar, so thought i'd pop in on the way home. Judging by the people that were there, I think the blue rinse brigade aren't too keen on the new model (or the dealer just didn't want them at launch). My main conversation went like this...
  60. Mossy

**Forum URL stickers! **Payment details on P6!**

Like a sun strip? Hmmm still deciding, but will post my pref soon
  61. Mossy

Just been invited....

Just got back from my local dealer's unveiling. As they were removing the covers off the cars, 98% of the audience started clapping :roll: (me & one other guy just looked at each other & smirked... it's not as though removing the covers is a challenging task worthy of applause) They...
  62. Mossy

Just been invited....

HA! I got one! Tomorrow night at 7 for 7:30 if you're interested
  63. Mossy

A-Plan Insurance

Just given them a ring, and will now see by how much they can beat Egg's renewal offer which stands at a not very cheap 1,021 :shock: :shock: :smt073 Tesco on-line got it down to 850 (although no mods declared) so i'm sure they can save me a few pennies EDIT: A Plan came back with an...
  64. Mossy

Highlight colour for search function

Excellent stuff - much better thanks
  65. Mossy

Highlight colour for search function

Can we change the highlight colour from white when we search for something? Been searching for a while now, and only just realised why there are spaces in my searches :oops: This search just looks mad: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5854&highlight=sky Any colour...
  66. Mossy

steering wheel lock

As a £45 deterrent (Costco) i think the silver disklok is a worthwhile investment - although TBH, I keep it in the boot, and only use it when parked in "dodgy areas"
  67. Mossy

Oh dear.....

Another Sheep in Wolf's clothing :roll:
  68. Mossy

"Grammar Time"

OK everyone - stop it now!!! We're all as bad (or as good) as each other. (although there are a couple of tag lines with a full stop/question mark!!!)
  69. Mossy

"Grammar Time"

Cat - go away :wink: How many times did you re-read your sentence to ensure it was correct? Although I didn't realise that it is correct to have a space between "right" and "..."
  70. Mossy

"Grammar Time"

Not too sure - OK, so posted was an error (changed my sentence 1/2 way through), but I think "in that specific section" sounds better than "in the specific section" (when you read the whole sentence) as I am referring implicitly to the tag line under the section headings.... Anyway, my...
  71. Mossy

"Grammar Time"

OK Now that the site has been up for over a month, i thought i'd point out a couple of things i've noticed on the Forum index :wink: Engine Mods: "Throttle boddies" should be "throttle bodies" Faults section: "Got a problem with you car" should be "Got a problem with your car"...
  72. Mossy

My car round the 'ring

cough cough - if we are becoming financially motivated, was your backup plan to walk to & from Dover & sleep under the stars next month? :wink:
  73. Mossy

Is the Magnex backbox restrictive?

You need Vpower :wink:
  74. Mossy

Spoon sound clip....

Sorry no soundclip, but to answer your Q in the polls section: The B pipe was great - there were a few sweet spots through the rev range (1.5k being my favourite when first starting her up, then 4k), then VTEC. I don't think the volume increased that much (perhaps 10/20%?), but it was the...
  75. Mossy

When Admin/Mods move threads

Cheers You have access to the "removed threads" so can get a better understanding of whether it was necessary, I just saw a thread in the general & thought it might be worth pointing out incase no one had looked at it (It was as you did!), but if no action is required thats fine by me...
  76. Mossy

When Admin/Mods move threads

When Admin or Mods move/alter/lock a thread, can they add a post to it? That way, the originator will know who to pm (should they feel the need). This shouldn't be used as a channel to argue with the mods (as they have "moderated"), but the chance through pm to ascertain the reasons why (if...
  77. Mossy

Rear Bumper

Apologies for hijacking, but i've also knackered my rear bumper fixings (to the main body & to the lip :roll: ) and can't afford /don't want to replace it with std Thinking about 'poxy'ing it back together as a short term fix, and getting an aftermarket bodykit - but not keen at all on...
  78. Mossy

Jargon Buster in FAQ?

The FAQ is still under development, but I think it ought to be developed before the site starts picking up newbies from Google etc. What might be useful is a "Jargon Buster" thread - something that has all acronyms listed alphabetically (not just CTR, but all car, and general forum acronyms)...
  79. Mossy

Should I or Shouldn't I.....

Agreed it does look original & different, but i'm one of the minority in the "no" camp. I think they are set off well with your graphics, just not well enough IMO(sorry)... So if you do decide to get it done, then change your mind at a later date, I think they'll go well with a nighthawk...
  80. Mossy

Sat Nav HELP!!

Was looking at additional maps last month - Think the french one was not far off £80 & the states was around £110 I have a PDA with built in GPS & TOMTOM5, and can't fault TOMTOM. The PDA isn't the best in terms of battery life (it pretty much needs to be plugged in to the cigarette...
  81. Mossy

Spoon whore!!!!

Errr... Not quite. Long(ish) story, but it deserves to be told so here goes... I started getting paranoid that I might not be let on the ring with my setup (nurburgring.org mentioned that they are very strict on enforcing the 95db limit :? ) Cue lots of ringing around Spoon stockists...
  82. Mossy

Ball Park figures? Re-Spray or Wrap?

I suppose it depends to a large extent what colour you start off with. Doms' was battleship grey, and when the doors were open, it wasn't in your face obvious that it had been vinyl'd. The other thing to consider is the state of your paintwork beforehand (stonechips) etc. as these should...
  83. Mossy

Spoon whore!!!!

Chris, glad you've got it sorted - my N1 was only 2 days old when I travelled to Koblenz, so it was too new to get tiresome (have found that a constant 3k is about the quietest) Was camping this Bank Holiday at a family / DofE campsite, and got called into work at 08:00 Sunday morning...
Back