• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jimbothemagnificent

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

Well, it's finally happened chaps, I've fallen in love. Her name is Silvia, she's 24, fresh off the boat from Japan, and her interests include going sideways and scaring my mother. This is going to be a cut and paste from my thread on SX owners forum, so give me half an hour before...
  2. jimbothemagnificent

The Bikerat

Hi chaps and chapettes. I've been quiet on here as I concentrated on real life for a while, but I'm back with a project car. Some of you will hate this, some won't understand, but those of you that know my sense of humour might just find it amusing. It's a long story: I bought a new civic, I've...
  3. jimbothemagnificent

How to fool and reset airbag system.

This is a guide for fooling the SRS system when removing the OEM seatbelts and fitting an aftermarket wheel, then how to reset the entire system. Tools required: Cross headed screwdriver. 10mm socket and extension. Wire cutters and stripper. Parts required: 2 meters of wire. 3x 2.2ohm 0.25watt...
  4. jimbothemagnificent

3rd gen civic hondamatic gearbox. Help!

Hi chaps, I realise that this is a shot in the dark, any help and ideas are much welcome! Today I started the car while the front end was on axle stands, much to my surprise the front wheels started turning with the car in neutral! I assume that this is an indication that the clutch is not...
  5. jimbothemagnificent

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

So, those of you that know me will appreciate that I do dumb and impetuous things. This is one of them. 1985 Civic 1.3 auto. Bought for a pittance at the far end of England, with only the TarmacNymph seal of approval to go on. Amazingly the car got home to Glasgow without missing a beat for...
  6. jimbothemagnificent

Airbags, seats and steering wheels.

Hi guys, I could do with some advice regarding the airbag system. I will be fitting bucket seats and harnesses in my EP3, hopefully an aftermarket wheel at some point too. I'd like to do the work myself but electronics are a black hole in my knowledge of cars. I understand that replacing the...
  7. jimbothemagnificent

Fitting solid shifter bushes EP3

Guide to fitting Tegiwa new-style solid shifter bushes. These are the pack contents (minus the split pins that I forgot to include): The eight silver bushes are for the shifter linkage behind the centre console. Numbers 1-7 are for the linkage underneath the airbox. #3 fits inside #1, and #6...
  8. jimbothemagnificent

Centre console removal EP3

Guide to removal of the centre console on the EP3. Loosen the locking nut underneath the gear knob with a 14mm spanner, remove knob and locking nut. Push your fingers into the gear gaitor below the lever, hook them behind the console and pull outwards. The lower console will pop out, unplug...
  9. jimbothemagnificent

Front bumper removal EP3

Step by step of how to remove and refit the front bumper on a civic. Hope it helps. Removal 1. There is one 10mm hexhead screw in the front of each wheel arch. If you are sensible, unlike me, remove these before lifting the front end of the car. This way you can safely turn the wheels to give...
  10. jimbothemagnificent

Strange brake behaviour

Hi guys, I could use some advice and ideas on some very strange things my brakes are doing. All pads and discs were replaced when I bought the car 1 year ago. Recently the ABS light has come on intermittently, however, fault code reader has drawn a blank. Several times while braking gently...
  11. jimbothemagnificent

Does anybody have experience of these parts?

After an absurdly long search, I have finally found somewhere nearby that will adjust camber and toe on my car. I was almost resigned to driving two and a half hours to either aberdeen or fife, but got luck this morning with my last ditch attempt! Soooo, time for some toys! I know tegiwa don't...
  12. jimbothemagnificent

Help needed with winter wheels

Hi guys, I need some advice on winter wheels for my EP3. I live in Aviemore, around some of the heaviest snow and worst roads in winter. My drive to work is 36 miles on a road notorious for snow, I'll be driving at very unsociable hours, where rescue is hours away. I have a lot of experience...
  13. jimbothemagnificent

Help needed, swap tacho and speedo idea.

Hey guys, I need some help with a difficult idea. I don't know much about electronics, and I've never seen the gubins behind the instruments on an ep3. The idea is to swap the tacho and speedo around, to have a larger center mounted tacho. Some questions: 1. Has anybody seen this done? 2. Are...
  14. jimbothemagnificent

Stone chip help.

My front bumper is in a rather sorry state, I need some advice on how to clean it up a bit. There are a few similar chips on the bonnet and wing mirrors. All the grit and stones on the roads around here are a nightmare, this is what they do: What would be my best course of action? Is there...
  15. jimbothemagnificent

Spoon CR93's

Has anybody seen an NHB EP3 on blue spoon CR93's? Got any pictures? I've been spending a LOT of time looking at these wheels. I have feelings for them that are... wierd and deeply confusing. I don't fancy the yellow on a black car, silver is boring, I'm tempted to save up for a blue set...
  16. jimbothemagnificent

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

I just picked up my EP3 yesterday, and spent all day buzzing around the highlands in the sun. Epic day. Heres a few photos of my new steed. Update 5/9/15 Engine: M2 sport silenced cat-back exhaust ITG Maxogen intake, custom painted blue with cold air feed Blue rocker cover...
Back