• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. fa33y

How hard to retrofit this HONDA SAT NAV double din

Thanks for your help LOXY. I/'m not going to give up yet.At least the radio and cd function work as they should. I will track down this VSS(vehicle speed signal). I am going to unplug the green/white wire from the plug and see if the speedo is working. That would be a good start. otherwise im...
  2. fa33y

Can't believe it..EP3

most likely its the exhaust heat shield or driveshaft shields.Common on these cars. these shields can be removed completely or replaced with new ones.
  3. fa33y

Blue has no wire in 3rd pin hole green has white/green in 5th
  4. fa33y

Is the locator notch the same side as the little tab that needs to be pressed in order to release the plug?
  5. fa33y

surely my car cant be the only one with different wiring. Cluster works as it should, showing the speed. Satnav wont even show the location while stationary. would i be able to pick up the same wire from a different place? like an ecu? I think I should have bought an aftermarket HU :lol:
  6. fa33y

It wont even show me the road i am at the moment
  7. fa33y

Is it normal or should my facelift ep3 have a different colour?
  8. fa33y

9 wires on blue plug 15 wires on the green plug
  9. fa33y

No blue/white on green one either
  10. fa33y

In which slot of the blue plug should it have been?
  11. fa33y

Under instructions 20 it says: connect blue/white wire of the dvd avn harness(which i have) to the blue white wire of the 22pin connector of the meter harness. On the blue plug there is no white/blue wire to connect to. under diagram 20 it shows 2 plugs. I assume the one on the left is the green...
  12. fa33y

So there should be 2 wires connecting to the back of the clocks? i just dont understand because the loom has only 1 wire that goes behind the clocks. the satnav unit does light up when i turn the parking lights on. which is the speed input wire?
  13. fa33y

Manged to get hold of the seller for the code. However the satnav isnt working . It has done the initial gps update succesfully where it said not to move the car for 10 minutes . it just seems to be stuck in the same location even if i move the car.it wouldnt give me directions either. can...
  14. fa33y

Thanks for instructions Loxy. i have connected the white/blue wire to the green plug. I have added the wire in the 5th hole as it was empty. I didnt connect it to another wire however the wire that goes to the fusebox, i have connected it to another wire from the big plug. 2 more connectors...
  15. fa33y

not interested in the ipod connection.I wanted an upgrade that keeps the oem theme.I know that you can find double din units that fit just as good however their user interface is shocking with silly animations on display. If you guys had this unit retrofitted before can you have a look at the...
  16. fa33y

Thanks Loxy ill wait for your instructions before i start taking everything apart. i dont have a code either. Is it possible that it requires one?
  17. fa33y

struggling to understand step 20 from the instructions :(
  18. fa33y

I do like the fitment of the original unit so I have bought one. The seller told me that it comes with all the wiring I need to get it working. I do need some advice on the wiring as I/m not sure about a couple of wires. Can anyone shed some light please? :) This is the unit that I have bought...
  19. fa33y

Would the original one be a better choice? Somebody offered me a unit removed from an ep3 and comes with everything needed to install. Would that be a straight plug and play? Does the original unit fitted on EP3 have any good features? MP3, bluetooth, or just sat nav and a larger screen :D...
  20. fa33y

I am planning to upgrade my standard radio in my EP3 to a double din unit. I would also like to maintain the oem look of an original Honda unit so I want to upgrade to the following model The sat nav is removed from a 2009 Honda Insight with the following part numbers Part no: 39540-TM8-E010-M1...
  21. fa33y

engine rebuild

You will probably need to post some pictures and make the sentences more clear.:)
  22. fa33y

Need clutch changing. Worth putting in a lightened fly wheel?

Have you done any other performance upgrades apart from intake and exhaust? I would leave a standard flywheel and clutch unless you are planning to go for more bhp. Get a remap instead :D
  23. fa33y

Random/Multiple Misfiring But Only When Idleing

So what was the problem in the end?
  24. fa33y

if the timing would have been out then you could tell as the engine would run really bad. Usually when you have one burned/leaky valve, you get multiple engine missfire from all the cylinders, however the cylinder that has a loss in compression will log more missfires than the other ones. A...
  25. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Thanks Guys! Took the opportunity of not having to study or work today and gave the car a wash myself and a couple of pictures taken with an Iphone. :rolleyes:
  26. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Hi everyone! Got my car back today, and it's in good working order! Clutch feels perfect and engine is smooth and quite! Feels so good to have it back and tommorow I will give it a wash followed by some pictures! Many thanks to Tom at TGM! He is a great guy with a lot of knowledge, experience...
  27. fa33y

Same issues on my EP3. Go to a garage and check your compression. In my case I had a slight bent valve on cylinder 3. Car was shaky slightly on idle,eml on, on diagnostic showing engine missfire, but drove fine.
  28. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

We still chasing the warranty but to be honest they don't even pick up the phone! These type of businesses along with the clamping ones should be closed down until they can provide real service.
  29. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Hi everyone, I have been to TGM this morning and glad to see that the problem was found and fixed.A slight bent valve on cylinder 3 that was leaking. Valves have been removed, head cylinder cleaned and valves sit back in. Timing chain, tensioner, head gasket, various gaskets ,head bolts been...
  30. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

It is a valve on the head cylinder that it's not sealing properly .from what he told me you don't get misfire codes from piston rings being worn. Not burning oil either so most likely he was cleaning the surface?
  31. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Hi was he working on the engine block or head cylinder ? :)
  32. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

ok, I will add that on the list.
  33. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Left the car with Tom on Monday. Should be ready sometime next week.Lets hope the Warranty will cover most of the costs. Should I replace the water pump too? Anything else that needs doing while the head is off?
  34. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

3 previous owners.£4k mint inside and outside
  35. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Had a better look at the engine last night with Tom, and after checking the compression again, its clearly that there is a drop in compression in cylinder 3 compared to 1,2 and 4. Will be contacting the warranty today and if they agree with the claim, I will get the cylinder head refurbished...
  36. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

To be honest I don't want to make my car go faster, just want it to drive in tip top condition.serviced and maintained :D
  37. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Rule 1 Mechanical spot on before modding :p
  38. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Went today to TGM and had the mechanic look at it. He said that the timing chain is good and doesnt need replacing. However after scanning the car several times, its clear that cylinder number 3 is missfiring once in a while.Every couple of hundreds of rotations it missfires once. every 4-5...
  39. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Hi Linus27, thanks I have spoken to TGM and they will do te job when the warranty is approved. I am mostly in Hampshire, Aldershot so proberly see you around :)
  40. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

I don't drive hard, the new timing chain should last me a life time. Always careful with warming up when cold and changing gears with clutch fully down :D Pretty sure my boyfriend will take it for a naughty drive once in a while without me knowing
  41. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

I didn't know about the chain, just read on tegiwai website "Genuine Honda OEM cam chain guide set. Over time the delrin on these guids can wear making the chain slack and causing the ecu to throw a light. They often need to be replaced on engines that are nearing 100,000 miles. Maintain your...
  42. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Spoke to TGM and they quoted me for £200 in labour. £150 for chain and tensioner and £150 for chain guides from tegiwiaimports website.. Is there anywhere else that I can find the original parts cheaper?
  43. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

EML still off, and drives normal but just in case does anyone have a diy for timing chain replacement? It's hard to believe a chain can stretch, maybe its just the tensioner that needs doing.. Any good independents in Hampshire apart from Fleet Autoway ?
  44. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

I dont think its the chain but rather a connection on a plug in the engine bay or a vacuum leak. Im not a big believer of a stretched chain or jumped teeth. It would have felt like its on cams. How much would this chain and tensioner cost to have it replaced? Thanks guys!
  45. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Scanned the car and came with multiple cylinder misfire. Cleared it, then elm flashed again couple of times and disappeared. Scanned and same result. Cleared the fault and eml didn't come on and no code stored anymore. Egr , vacuum leak? Drives fine, maybe it shakes a little bit on idle, and...
  46. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Mileage is 100k. Thanks!
  47. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Cheers guys Good to know its got a chain. Ill scan the EML later on today with my boyfriends diagnostic tool and report back. Does anyone know how to change the avatar picture? Ive been using the search function trying to find out but with no success .. @Tom83-some impressive work gone into your...
  48. fa33y

Fabby's CTR grey 2005

Hi everyone! I'm Petra and recently bought a Honda Civic Type R EP3. Joined this forum to find more information, common problems and to see other Members cars :) Bought the car from a friendly dealer , offering me a good deal on px. Car comes with FHSH and 3 months Platinum warranty. Recently...
Back