• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. carld

Led side lights.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, regarding led sidelights. Are they any good or a gimmick. Cheers carl
  2. carld

Sidelights not working

Just a quick one, just been out and when I turned my side lights on I didn't see any light coming from the front, the rear lights and number plate lights work and full beam, but no sidelights. Is it uncommon for both to go, or has anyone had this issue before, any advice and guidance...
  3. carld

underbody sealing

Hi all,Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but here goes. Has anybody undersealed there car or waxoiled it. Not sure what protection if any the underbody has,any guidance would be appreciated.thanks carl.
  4. carld

Red seat belts

Not sure if this has been covered before, but im thinking of changing my seat belts for red ones, not sure if this is possible and if so, can anyone advise me where and how i can do it please. Cheers carl
  5. carld

idle speed

Hi all, I've just had the valve clearences and front engine mount bushes done, and a full service by the good ads at Tdi north. But the idle speed has dropped just below 1000 rpm causing a vibration when static, any ideas how this can be resolved.
  6. carld

strange noise

Hi, I'm having this strange noise, when I turn right there is no sound, but if I turn left it sounds like.something is catching. Also when I put my car in reverse and move again there is a strange noise. Doesn't happen when I go foruward. Any ideas
  7. carld

Intermitant noise on idle.

Hi all, my car has developed a knocking noise on the odd occasion when you come to a halt, it sounds like a bag of spanners, when you rev it a little you can hear a rattle, but when you pull of and drive there isnt an issue. Also it sounds a little loud when reversing if you dont add any revs. I...
  8. carld

Millers oil and filter, etc

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have used Simautoparts, they sell genuine honda parts, and they are doing a deal on oil, plus filter and sump washer for £39.99 http://www.simautoparts.com/5_Litres_Of_Millers_XFS_5w_40_Oil_And_Hamp_Or_OE_Oil_Filter_With_FREE_Sump_Washer/p689575_5878846.aspx Is...
  9. carld

Any good recommended honda mechanics liverpool

Im looking at getting some work done to my car shortly, but can anyone recommend and good mechanics that they have used on there ep3, in liverpool or surrounding area. Cheers carl
  10. carld

EP3 tappety

Hi all, i recently serviced my 04 plate ep3, but was advised by Honda that i needed to use 5w30 oil, since ive done this ive noticed over the last week that the car sounds tappety, ive not noticed this before, however ive not listened for it, but when i put on the forum that i had put the 5w30...
  11. carld

Flexing

Hi all, im not sure whether this falls under this category. But over the last week or so, when im going over speed bumps or turning in general, i keep getting a noise that sounds like the panels flexing. Has anybody had this before or can identify what the problem might be, i wasnt sure whether...
  12. carld

Oil, 5w-30

Hi all, i serviced my ep3 yesterday as it was the first time i had done it since owning the car for a month and a half, however i went to honda and asked them what spec oil was required. I was informed it was 5w-30, so i purchased the oil and done the service. But now after looking at the...
  13. carld

oil filter removal tool.

Hi all, im about to service my ep3, but im wandering if anyone knows where the best place to get an oil filter remova tool from, the one that pushes onto the rear of the filter. Ive seen them on the tegiwa site. cheers carl.
  14. carld

-vtec at what rpm.

Evening everyone, im sorry if this has been covered before, but i couldnt find the thread, im just trying to find out when the vtec kicks in, and how will i know. Sorry if thats sounds stupid but this is a new car for me, and i was on the motorway coming home before and its the first time i have...
  15. carld

Battery ep3

Hi, bit of a strange one, but i havent used my car since sunday, and went to take the children the park whilst there off, only to find the car was flat. Got my jump leads and a neighbour gave me a jump start, and no issues, ive used it this morning and no problems. Anybody had this happen before.
Back