• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

engine light is on!!!!!!

took it round lydden at bhp show on 5th. all fine. met up with mates on sunday just gone and eml came on. plugged in a reader and came up with throttle position. something about the cat and one other. cleared them. light came back on after 10-15mins or so. plugged in again and throttle/cat came...
  2. J

induction and exhaust

hoping to find out soon if they contact me. £180 for an aem induction kit and 3" scorpion stainless cat back. much gain or just more noise??
  3. J

losts of bits need doing

what oil would people recommend for the atr q2u7 (lsd) gearbox , i can find some but have no idea whats better :(
  4. J

oil leak :(

after cleaning my engine, i found that my oil leak is from the front main (crankshaft) oil seal. where would the best place be to get one, and does anyone know if i'll need the rear for the h22a7 engine? as i dont currently have time to have a proper look (sons hip didnt form properly so back...
  5. J

hesitation problem?

happened 3 times on the way home tonight. doing 60-70mph so 3-3,500rpm it will hesitate as such. feels like i'm stamping off and on the throttle. it did start few weeks ago so thought it was bad weather but as it was bone dry and sun shining this afternoon. i'm thinking maybe throttle position...
  6. J

rear window heater inop :(

my rear window heater does not work yet i can here the relay click when i turn it on/off. i have checked with multimeter put between earth on window and earth point on car. i get battery voltage 11.8-12 when ign on and say 14.4 when engine running. i have left it on for about 10mins or so and...
  7. J

new cat back system

been looking around for new cat back systems. been quoted £300 from dku exhaust thurrock/essex area. basically the remove the original. cut the pipes off the boxes and weld in the bigger/newer pipes with original boxes to reduce raspy-ness etc. or i found this...
  8. J

water leak/ingress :(

not sure if this is the right section (please fell free to move if not :) getting seriously naffed off to say the least with the atr. i have water ingress so keep finding my boot has water in it. i have stripped all the boot lining out and could see the droplets coming from the driver side. so...
  9. J

painting calipers

as previously said my calipers will be red. what paint would be best to use. hammarite high temp stuff or is there anything better?
  10. J

wheel colour??

i have a titan silver atr and my mate whom does powder coating has offered to do my wheels for xmas present. i'm struggling to decide which colour to do them. what are peoples thoughts/preferences. i'm thinking gloss black/anthracite the calipers will be red if that helps
  11. J

more power

which would be more cost effective with power return for money spent. a centrifugal supercharger kit or turbo kit. it will be for my accord type r. probably a long way off but thought i'd start asking :)
  12. J

speakers and heated rear screen

1st question. i have alpine speakers in my ATR (fitted by a previous, also found sub wiring which i've taken out). one of the rears is blowing. so was thinking of putting original honda ones in to get back standard. would any 99-02 accord saloon or hatchback speakers fit. and are they worth it...
  13. J

questionable LSD

my ATR had a recon box fitted before i took ownership. i'm really questioning if its still got the LSD. what's the best way to test if it has one? i have turned the wheels by hand but spun like an open diff?
  14. J

blew my relay :(

trying to get the front fogs working but in doing so i blew the relay. its a mitsuba rc-2201. looked on the internet for about 2 hours and they all seem to be £20-30 plus. are there and others i could use instead?
  15. J

the 2 button fob??

i have not long bought a 2nd hand fob..so the missus could use it..i've tried getting it to lock/unlock the car. i've checked 3 times about the system auto data describes and its the same as others. my questions are....can you 'program' the central locking yourself or is it a dealer job? and is...
  16. J

synchro problem

i have a pre facelift atr. done some reading up before purchase about the 5th synchro problem etc. the owner assured me the owner before him fitted a 'recon' box. its still there. is it worth changing the oil first. if not. is there 'kits' of some description or just change the box?
  17. J

help

front fogs on pre facelift atr dont work. checked bulbs-both work. checked relay-works fine. switch light works but no power to them :(
  18. J

really annoyed

really annoyed with my ATR...my front fogs dont work :@. checked bulbs - both work in other car. checked wiring at the front as had bumper off anyway. anyone know what fuse it uses as looking at the guides in the car the do lots of things :/
  19. J

stainless exhaust???

hi all. was wondering on thoughts about a stainless cat back system for my ATR. and which company would be better?
  20. J

CH1 newbie question time

new to the honda scene and the space saver scene, so apologies for stupid question time (mk3 astras have full size spares :). with the accord type r, does it have a polystyrene holder for the jack/wheel brace etc that goes under/on top of the saver?
  21. J

my new ride

bit rough round the edges but for 89,000 miles i'm not complaining really :D :D will upload more pictures once i've shrunk the file size.
Back