• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure if I’m going to get the OEM rear pads or another brand, I’d like less dust if possible but still good road performance, I don’t use my car on track. These look like they could be a good option but I wonder if there’s no point going for anything other than the...
  2. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

So I just had my 4th service and my dealer says one of my inner rear brake pads is down to 3 mm. I know the FK8 wears the rear pads out fairly quickly but how long roughly will I have until they need to be replaced? I do low miles. My car has done 18k since April 18, last year I did 3800 miles.
  3. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it might need a re gas as I think I can hear the compressor when I start the car. Seems a bit soon to need this doing but I guess it can get low at any time. I hadn’t considered extending the warranty, mainly due to Honda not being interested in warrantying any...
  4. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Anyone had issues with their FK8 A/C? Mine doesn’t seem to go very cold is this “normal”? My previous Type R’s got much colder. I have recently had what looks like steam coming out of the centre dash vents, anyone else has this. I think it’s just down to high humidity but not sure. My car is...
  5. Redcap

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

There is a difference in the handling with the higher side wall, I would like to try a stiffer side walled tyre when they need to be replaced again. I think they softer side wall of the PS4S is better on U.K. roads as it is less harsh over lumps and bumps however this does sacrifice some of the...
  6. Redcap

I will also be sticking with the 255 35 20 size. I agree that they look better in the arches, this size gives the wheels better protection and tyres are also cheaper in this size. The Michelin PS4S are lasting way longer than the Conti 6’s.
  7. Redcap

FK8 Acuity Shifter Upgrades

So I decided to do the cable bushings as the general feedback I’ve seen or heard is that these make the biggest difference to the gear shift. They were are bit tricky to fit but not too bad to be honest. The hardest part was getting the air box front screw to go back in. The installation video...
  8. Redcap

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

I haven’t had any work done on the brakes so I’d assume it’s unlikely to be due to the brake fluid. I have also had my warranty request denied due to the dealer sighting use of wheel cleaning products rather than shampoo as per the owners manual. It’s pretty ridiculous that they don’t use a...
  9. Redcap

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Anyone had the Brembo lacquer start to peel on the front callipers? If so did Honda do anything about it under warranty?
  10. Redcap

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Yeah, same story for me, I got impatient after about 3 hours of trying to get them off intact . I managed to get one done with zero damage but I broke the tab on the second one, no way it was coming off otherwise. I even had the Honda workshop instructions which were quite vague at times, the...
  11. Redcap

FK2 Shifter cable bushes

I’m thinking about doing these (Aquity ones) on my FK8, The time and amount of parts that need to be removed to access them is a bit off putting though.
  12. Redcap

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Has anyone changed them and managed to do it without breaking the lower tab that’s hard to reach? I am struggling to get the caps off and I’d rather not break the tab if I can avoid it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  13. Redcap

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

A friend of mine has a turbo FN2 running 450hp, it has coilovers and LSD and a bunch of other complementary modifications. He says it’s goes like stink and handles amazingly. If that’s what you want then why not but I have to say I’d rather have the newer less modified car personally...
  14. Redcap

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?106282-Anyone-know-a-stealer-who-stocks-tyres/page2
  15. Redcap

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

They aren’t that hard to fit, they just plug in. It’s mainly the time it takes to carefully disassemble the car and carefully fit them. Mine didn’t come with any fitting instructions but cox motor parts have all the installation PDF’s on their website. Personally I think they are quite expensive...
  16. Redcap

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

You could say none of the Honda Access options are worth it. It depends on whether you are willing to pay for OE quality parts to enhance your car? There’s plenty of cheap lower quality products out there but personally I’d rather pay more for the higher quality Honda options. I have the...
  17. Redcap

What did you do to your Type R today?

It’s the wrong Type R logo though. That’s the 90’s version.
  18. Redcap

FK8 Climate control module replacement

That’s because the side trim is missing. I don’t really see the need to change it but each to their own. I don’t get why anyone wants a volume knob either? Completely pointless, what’s wrong with the steering wheel control?
  19. Redcap

God knows what he must have done when Honda started making cars with a TURBO, pure sacrilege!!!
  20. Redcap

FK8 Fake vent replacement.....?

So mostly everyone isn’t a fan of the fake vents, I’ve seen various ways that people have changed or modified them mainly in the US. I came across this picture which shows an interesting option I like the look of. Does anyone know who makes these? They don’t have the parking sensor so they are...
  21. Redcap

Thanks! I think there’s only one version, as far as I know they are steel with a black anodised or zinc finish with lock nuts. The part number is 08181-XG8-K0S0-BL. I was also considering black Porsche ball seat nuts but I have read bad things about aluminium wheel nuts and the Mugen ones came...
  22. Redcap

Not fitted today but I thought I’d share some pics of the mods I’ve done so far... A couple of optional Honda Access bits I did a while ago but didn’t get round to posting... Illuminated Door Sills, I also did the Illuminated Footwell Lighting Kit. Tricky to get good pics of them at night...
  23. Redcap

You will probably notice the throw being longer with a taller gear knob, I fitted the Modulo leather gear knob to mine and it ruined the gear shift for me, it felt absolutely terrible! So I sold it and went back to the OE knob for a while. I recently got the Acuity Poco gear knob which is...
  24. Redcap

EP3 2020 grille

The part number is from the CivicX forum, so you’re probably right, I didn’t realise there was a difference.
  25. Redcap

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

Totally get where you’re coming from and I’m very fussy too, I’m probably reporting things others might not even notice? Are you referring to the change in tyre size rather than changing from the OE Continental’s? Bottom line is the differences are really minor. It’s also early days so we’ll...
  26. Redcap

I think it’s quite normal as you say it should be fine, I should also check what tyre pressure the tyre fitters used. With regards to the height it’s only half an inch so it’s probably just me being overly sensitive, I think my comments about the steering and cornering feel are in part because...
  27. Redcap

Update So I finally got my 255/35R20 Michelin PS4S’s fitted this morning. Based on a very short drive with them fitted (may be 30 miles). These are my initial thoughts so far, once I have put some miles on them I will update for those who are interested or thinking of changing tyre brand and or...
  28. Redcap

FK8 Hard Decision

So my biased opinion is that I find most German cars lacking in personality and they are dreadfully dull, they are also extremely common. I considered the Scirocco R (Mainly as it is less common and looks better) and the Golf R but I felt they were overpriced and I struggled to get excited about...
  29. Redcap

FK8 Aftermarket wheel fitment

Personally I would only down size to 19’s with 245/35R19 Tyres. This keeps the tyres the same as OE width and diameter. I would also go for an offset no lower than 40 depending on the wheel width, I think 9” with a 40 offset won’t rub assuming you haven’t fitted tyres with excessive sidewall...
  30. Redcap

EP3 2020 grille

Some say you don’t need the eye lids and some say you do need them. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-type-r-parts.45008/ Reading this I’m not sure if it’s 100% confirmed? This is a good video I saw the other day regarding the over heating issues on track. https://youtu.be/dkA1DWXkIYk
  31. Redcap

EP3 2020 grille

https://www.lingshondaparts.com Part Number - 71121-TGH-A51 Description - GRILLE, FR. Price - £142.08 Availability - Available It’s only 13% bigger opening so I’m not sure it’s worth it?
  32. Redcap

FK8 Anyone know a stealer who stocks tyres?

Incorrect info.
  33. Redcap

FK8 Alignment/Geometry

Anyone on here had their wheel alignment checked or adjusted? I’m mainly concerned with adverse tyre wear. There’s no other indication that my car is out of alignment other than the tyres wearing unevenly. Type R’s are know for having a higher wear rate on the inside edge of tyres which is...
  34. Redcap

FK8 Insurance ...

I used to be insured by them on my DC5, not a good company I would advise anyone to avoid!
  35. Redcap

From what others have fed back the rim protection and ride quality are better due to the taller sidewall. Performance wise I haven’t come across any negative feedback so I’m hoping I will be pleased with my choice. I do mainly motorway miles and 6K miles a year so it will be interesting to...
  36. Redcap

FK8 Lowering springs, thoughts?

I think if you downsize the wheels the car will need to sit lower otherwise the location of the wheel in the arch will look off, particularly with 18” wheels. The main benefit is cosmetic however the Eibach springs improve the ride quality over the standard springs on my previous cars, I presume...
  37. Redcap

You’d be much better off doing the tyres yourself, dealers always charge more. I’ve just ordered 4 PS4S In 255/35/R20 for £640 fitted with blackcircles.com, getting them fitted on Friday at my local tyre place. The Continental sport contact 6’s are good tyres imo but the wear rate is insane...
  38. Redcap

FK8 Lowering springs, thoughts?

I’ve had Eibach and Spoon springs on my previous type R’s but not on my FK8. I would recommend Eibach’s from my experience. Tein have a good reputation as far as I know. You will probably find more info on the CivicX forum than you will on here as there’s way more people on there that have done...
  39. Redcap

FK8 Insurance ...

Thank you all for the info, it’s interesting to see how it varies so much as there are so many factors that determine the price of the premium. I’m quite happy with the prices I’m being quoted, when you consider the performance and value of the car I think it’s actually quite reasonable. I’m...
  40. Redcap

FK8 Oil catch can

So I had a look under the bonnet yesterday thinking that it would be fairly straight forward to identify where things would need to go and I was struggling to see what was what. There’s not much room in the engine bay! As far as I can tell the location you have used for the can is about the only...
  41. Redcap

Ooh that's nice! I want but I can't justify the cost.
  42. Redcap

FK8 Insurance ...

So it's that time of year again, I'm curious to know who you are insured with? And are you getting a good deal? Direct Line - £420 Full Comp, Full no claims etc + NCP Iv'e been quoted £380 upwards, I used to be with Sainsbury's Insurance on my DC5 which was super cheap @ £280 but they are...
  43. Redcap

EP3 Boost Blue

I like the Boost Blue colour, I also like the Phoenix Yellow but not on the FK8, I think these colours suit other cars better. I also think certain colours are synonymous to certain cars, traditionally the Type R colours are White, Red and Black and these colours suit the car. The styling of...
  44. Redcap

Looking good! What pads did you go with? I’m thinking about getting some Dixel M Type’s?
  45. Redcap

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-front-brake-discs-2020-onwards/ When I placed my order they were £205 - 5% discount + free shipping. The next day they updated their price to £282.14 which is still a good price. I don’t need them yet but for that...
  46. Redcap

FK8 Oil catch can

Other than the can did you need to purchase other parts other than the pipework? Where did you get this from? Did you reuse or remove any components? I’m considering doing a universal can & DIY fitting, just wondering what else I would need. Cheers
  47. Redcap

FK8 Oil catch can

I think it’s a universal application. It’s quite annoying that they don’t do a RHD version of the FK8 kit, if they did I would have fitted it as soon as I got the car.
  48. Redcap

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/part-search?partnumber=45251TGHA01 Part number: 45251TGHA01 Price: £195.61 The link is from the Civic X forum, I haven’t ordered from there, it seems some of the people that ordered on there got them for this price and some are being told that Honda made a...
  49. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

That’s great, Cheers! So they are half the price pretty much.... decisions.... lol
  50. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Thanks for your reply, I don’t suppose you have the part numbers for them? Like you I’m not sure I can justify the cost of the JDM ones and I think the colour of them is very similar, the JDM ones are slightly darker from what I can tell.
  51. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Are your wing mirror caps the Modulo Honda Access ones or Rallye Red ones? I’m thinking of getting some for mine and trying to figure out which ones to get.
  52. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

They are more subtle as they are smaller but will they be very effective? I don’t really mind the rally look, I fitted the front ones about a year ago and only fitted the rears last week as I decided I might as well actually use the rear ones. I think it looks better with the full set on...
  53. Redcap

They should go straight on from what I’ve heard. Where did you get them from and how much did you pay? I think I’m just going to order some while the price is good even though it will be ages before they actually need replacing.
  54. Redcap

Anyone fitted the 2020 discs yet? I presume they fit with no issues/other parts needing to be altered. Mine are a fair way off needing replacing but I’m looking at the options so I know what I plan to get.
  55. Redcap

I’m now thinking I might try some Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport’s in 245/35R20? Has anyone tried these? They are said to have a very stiff sidewall. I’m not sure I like the idea of “floaty” Michelin’s. I’m used to having a lot of steering feel and feedback so I’m concerned that the PS4S as...
  56. Redcap

FK8 Oil catch can

I'd be very interested to know how you get on so please keep us updated, are you planning to use a particular universal can?
  57. Redcap

Thanks for the info! I bet it feels miles better from the OE shifter! even when you set it up close to OE specs. Did you fit the cable bushings yourself? Did you have any problems and how long did it the installation take? I'm quite keen to change them but I'm a bit wary of doing it myself due...
  58. Redcap

FK8 New 2022 type R spied testing ! To be released late 2021

Hmmm, I’m not a fan to be honest, it looks very similar to the current generation and any changes aren’t an improvement so far. Obviously it could look very different when the concept or production car is unveiled as it’s difficult to tell very much from this. It actually looks a bit Dodge...
  59. Redcap

So in case anyone is curious I finally did the Aquity shifter upgrades. I changed the centre spring the rocker and base bushings. I also got the Aquity Poco gear knob which acts like a short shifter as it’s lower than the OEM gear knob due to the countersunk design. My verdict is both the gear...
  60. Redcap

FK8 Oil catch can

Anyone else have any feedback, opinions or experience with this? I was going to get the Mishimoto but I wasn’t sure if it will fit on our RHD cars or not? It looks like it’s a worthwhile addition with DIT cars.
  61. Redcap

They look really good! Can we get rear disc’s with a matching finish? Has anyone get a price on the 2020 discs yet? No doubt they will cost more than these.
  62. Redcap

FK8 Crusty exhaust tips?

In that case, just keep driving it and it will get blacker.
  63. Redcap

FK8 Crusty exhaust tips?

All you need to do is clean it with autosol and it will look brand new.
  64. Redcap

FK8 Rear Number Plate Bolts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291899084340 I recently bought these for mine as the ones on the car had started to corrode, they are slightly smaller diameter than the ones the dealer had used but they worked no problems.
  65. Redcap

Anyone tried these? https://tdi-north.store/collections/fk8-brakes/products/ebc-usr-series-honda-civic-fk8-slotted-discs-pair-to-fit-front Seems like a reasonable price!
  66. Redcap

I would be surprised as well, I’ve emailed them to check.
  67. Redcap

I have a confirmation that it is booked in and they haven’t cancelled my service, I know other dealerships have closed their service departments though. I will check nearer the time as it’s not till the end of April.
  68. Redcap

Haha, yeah I must try harder too it seems! I’m estimating my wear rate is about the same as yours. Mine is in for a service end of the month, will they give my brakes a check as part of the service? I will be curious to see how worn my brakes are currently, I suspect there will be lots of...
  69. Redcap

They look good, Great price too! How many miles are you all getting out of discs and pads? My car has covered 11.5k so far, my mileage is low and I don’t drive the car hard that much so I’m wondering when I am likely to need new pads and or discs?
  70. Redcap

Thanks for posting some pics, I think they look good, better than the original 245 30 R20 size.
  71. Redcap

I’m unlikely to track my car so I should be ok. Id be curious to know if these discs have the black bits on them and if they definitely fit, eurocarparts have been known to list the wrong parts.
  72. Redcap

It might be a generic image and the actually product might not have the black bits? If they do they are more appealing, I painted mine with black hammerite as I didn't like the corroded look!
  73. Redcap

Fitting cancelled due to COVID-19 so I'll have to wait a while to find out.... Can anyone that has either of these sizes fitted post some pics to show how they look on the standard wheels and suspension? There are more options in the 255 35 size for sure and they are significantly cheaper...
  74. Redcap

So I have finally got round to needing new tyres, I have gone for the Michelin PS4S in 255/35/R20, I wanted to go for the 255/30/R20 but I was struggling to find them available currently. https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/pilot-sport-4-s/255/35/R20/Y/97/m?tyre=35790915 Total Cost...
  75. Redcap

Yeah, you definitely don’t want to be making mistakes when it come to spending a grand on tyres! Useful information is tricky to come by on this subject it seems. It seems very few UK owners have changed tyre size and/or brand/model. For the moment I have rotated the wheels on my car so that I...
  76. Redcap

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

Thanks for the replies, info and opinions. I can get the S001’s for £138 PS4S are £203 so there’s a big difference! I tend to use the car to drive to work which is mostly motorway and not often a spirited drive so does the performance really matter too much? Have any of you rotated the...
  77. Redcap

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

As per the title, has anyone tried these on their FK8? Or other Type R? Bridgestone Potenza S001 245/30 R20 90 Y XL FR They are significantly cheaper than the Continental, Michelin and Goodyear options.
  78. Redcap

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

That looks good! Much better than the standard amber bulbs!!! I like the red wing mirror caps, are they a close colour match to the other red accents on the car?
  79. Redcap

FK8 Anyone put FK2 Wheels on the FK8?

They look good, better than I expected actually. Thanks for the comments and pictures! Just checked the sizes, 245 35/R19 is same size rolling radius & width as the 245 30/R20 tyres but an increase of 17% on the sidewall.
  80. Redcap

Thanks for posting that link Dotty, it addressed most of my questions.
  81. Redcap

So I’ve not had the car very long but I’ve been considering what to do about the wheel and tyre set up on the FK8, I’m generally very careful with my wheels and I have managed to only rarely damage them. However the size of the standard wheels and the lack of rim protection from the Conti tyres...
  82. Redcap

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

Well, it’s pretty underwhelming! Lol There’s a very faint whoosh sound, may be it sounds better or louder outside the car? I thought it would be more noticeable from the YouTube videos I watched. It is a better quality filter though so it should mean the car can breathe better so it’s still a...
  83. Redcap

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Sorry if this has been covered but what engine oil are FK8 owners using? I think i'm right in saying it's a fully synth 0W 20? Are you all sticking with the Honda oil? I guess a lot of people will have the 5 year service plan (as I do) so will be sticking with that for now?
  84. Redcap

FK8 Wind deflectors

I can't decide if i want to get wind deflectors and if i think they make the car look better. I had the Honda Access one's on my DC5 which I think enhance the look of the car. I'm not sure I can say the same about the Honda Access FK8 ones.... may be it's because it's a 5 door? Anyone on...
  85. Redcap

Yeah, I went for the K&N option, I've had their stuff on previous cars and always found their products to be good quality. Hopefully i'll get to fit it this morning.
  86. Redcap

Well the OEM Shifter is good but it could be better. I think my 17 year old DC5 had a better throw and feel. The FK8 feels a little loose or springy by comparison. May be in noticing it more than others as I have only driven my EP3 and DC5 for the past 17 years where as others have been driving...
  87. Redcap

FK8 Dream Automotive / FK8 Exhaust concept

Looks good, I’d be curious to know how much it will be? Probably quite expensive I would have thought!
  88. Redcap

I hadn’t actually thought about it changing the sound, thanks for the info, that’s good to know, does the K&N sound the same as the Pipercross one? I think the Pipercross might be the cheaper option?
  89. Redcap

The parts i’m referring to are the Centring spring upgrade, Shifter rocker upgrade and Shifter base bushing upgrade. They are in the centre console, I’ve got a guide to do it and a video which makes it look fairly straight forward but I wondered if any one here has done it.
  90. Redcap

Have any of you on here fitted any of the Acuity shifter upgrades? I haven’t fitted mine yet but I want to know how hard they are to fit and if there’s a marked improvement?
  91. Redcap

Is it worth it? I have had K&N Filters in my other Type R’s and I haven’t really noticed any difference over the standard filter. Is the air filter changed every 3 years in the service schedule? What do the standard filters cost?
  92. Redcap

FK8 Anyone put FK2 Wheels on the FK8?

As per the title, has anyone gone for this option? Instead of aftermarket wheels? How do they look?
  93. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Thanks for all the replies and pics, I have ordered a set in the black with the dark grey logo as I want it to look quite subtle and it should match the car quite nicely. Are they easy to fit and do they come with instructions?
  94. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Any chance you could post some pictures?
  95. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

I would be interested to see how they look as mine is polished metal grey as well.
  96. Redcap

FK8 Mud flaps?

Anyone fitted mud flaps to the FK8 and if so what product did you buy? It seems like the options available are quite limited. I would mainly like to fit them to prevent damage to the paint/body of the car.
  97. Redcap

FN2 Satin Silver CTR 2007

Off the other site, how accurate???
  98. Redcap

Just found this pic of the seats and sill trim, looks pretty tasty, not sure if it's been posted before?
  99. Redcap

FD2 New CTR prototype for F1 Japan

I want this Car!!!!!! I can even live with it being a 4 door :shock: So much better than the UK one! it's effectively the new DC5 with it having 220PS and a Saloon/Coupe.
  100. Redcap

I'm liking the new CTR less and less. Silver looks nasty!!!!! :lol:
Back