• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Aydhayeth

Quiet ep3 exhausts

Buddyclub is pretty quiet.
  2. Aydhayeth

Oil Temp Gauge - Seen mixed answers....

You'll need a sandwich plate.
  3. Aydhayeth

Jimbo's Project slow & sideways - mk1 MX5

That handbrake is sky high! Can't pull mine anywhere near as high. Using a hardtop in the winter here, works better.. I do have a garage which does help substantially.
  4. Aydhayeth

Rear seat

Not to hard to make yourself really. Measure it out and cut the wood. Wrap it in any cloth of your choosing and presto.
  5. Aydhayeth

Rear seat

What exactly are you looking for... It's pretty easy to remove the backseat itself.
  6. Aydhayeth

Airbag light

Worked like a charm, thanks a bunch.
  7. Aydhayeth

Airbag light

Any ideas? As some of you know I removed my deep dish wheel from my EP3. This wheel triggered an airbag light. I know replaced the OEM wheel and attached all plugs and it is still on.. fuse is fine, battery was disconnected.. I have MOT on Wednesday.. slight issue.
  8. Aydhayeth

Honda Civic EP3 Vtec Engage

EP3's hold 4.7liters when completely empty IIRC.
  9. Aydhayeth

Black Type R GT FK2

Looks mint, only the mirrors are not to my liking. I must admit the urge to get an FK is getting larger....
  10. Aydhayeth

Type R Number 2 Facelift JDM EP3!!! **Small update**

Oh my god, those brakes!:cool: lovely car.
  11. Aydhayeth

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I did 220 miles last tank. Needless to say it was spirited tank of fuel. Belting down the German highway in a rush to get home :lol:
  12. Aydhayeth

Clutch help..

No it's not. Unless you're going forced induction I would stick with OEM.
  13. Aydhayeth

First time on track advice p!ease

Take it easy. Feel the car and learn the track before hammering it. Give the car a decent amount of time to cool down once coming off the track. Don't pull up the handbrake when parking, rather put it in first gear ( Brakes will be hot ) Other then that, have fun!
  14. Aydhayeth

EP3 Ep3 inner arches

EP3's are all type R.. I think you mean EP2, EP1 or EP4. :)
  15. Aydhayeth

FN2 Dealership have put the wrong oil in

Get it changed for piece of mind.
  16. Aydhayeth

FK2 Paintwork/Cleaning

I use a product called Tar-X. It's from the same makers as Iron-X ( which you might have heard of? ) Good stuff, gets rid of all those nasty little black spots without a fuss.
  17. Aydhayeth

ribbit's EP3

Was going to ask the same thing! Hope the first. Nice looking motor. The carpet arches are indeed for road noise IIRC. They soak up dirt enormously though.
  18. Aydhayeth

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

That DC2 though :D Lovely EP, cosmic is the best colour.
  19. Aydhayeth

FK2: Oil Level Low Light ON! :(

Add some oil and see if it drops this drastically again.
  20. Aydhayeth

New AD08's and refurbed rims

AD08's are really good. Quite pleased with mine myself.
  21. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

Time for another update. Suspension sorted out, big thumbs up to Madeno Racing. The kit is a custom Bilstein B14 revalved for optimal performance at the 'Ring using 60nm springs lateral springs. Some pics: Before: After: I didn't lower it much as otherwise I did not have enough travel...
  22. Aydhayeth

Adjusting ride height

The EP's with aftermarket exhaust are going to scrape, lowered or not. It's in a silly location so it hangs down really low. Mine is flat right under the downpipe.. not much to be done about that unfortunately.
  23. Aydhayeth

Honda Civic EP3 Valve Clearance

So... I need my valve clearance done every day? :lol: Every 25k is about right yes. :)
  24. Aydhayeth

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Don't know who it was, a mate of mine knows them. Perhaps you need to do a 500ish miles again for it to pop on?
  25. Aydhayeth

Heard from a few guys over at the Nurburgring that they were having a few issues with the limp mode too. Seems to be an overal issue. Hondata had better get cracking!
  26. Aydhayeth

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Tried getting the rattle kit on CTRO and had no response.. So unsure if they are still making them.
  27. Aydhayeth

2 problems i had for a while with car

If your mechanic said it's that bearing, I don't really understand what your question is? The gearbox still needs to be removed to get to the bearing, as far as I know.
  28. Aydhayeth

Washing in direct sunlight, that's a big no no :lol:
  29. Aydhayeth

Another boring post asking about tyre sizes on EVO 8 Enkei alloys... Sorry :/

I wouldn't go down the semi route unless you were tracking it.. Massive overkill and they aren't much fun in the wet. That is the same size I am running. Not much experience with other tyres as I always run semi's and on the daily I have the cheapest of the cheap. Heard good thing about...
  30. Aydhayeth

Another boring post asking about tyre sizes on EVO 8 Enkei alloys... Sorry :/

Personal choice. I run 215's AD08R on stock wheels and they are quite beefy, so on evo8's they should be just fine. However, are you tracking the car? If not, no need to go with semi slicks imo.
  31. Aydhayeth

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

Looking good!
  32. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

What day? I'm popping over to the Ring this week if my schedule permits! Depends on the weather though. I must admit after seeing the 08:02 lap with Yellowspeed coilovers I must admit I am surprised. My coilovers have been ordered though. Full custom setup with separate spring rates.
  33. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

So this happened today: Suspension is well underway and should be sorted out end of the month. Will be fitting the above items when I get some time, hopefully by end of the month as wel.
  34. Aydhayeth

Getting the gearbox off the car is a sh*t of a job. Not going to be very cheap I don't think.
  35. Aydhayeth

Indeed input bearing.. I wouldn't worry about it that much until it gets worse.
  36. Aydhayeth

EP3 - gears crunching after short shifter fitted

Lots of people have these short shifters and I don't really understand why? Not just on Type R's. I'd pop back to the original one back on and be done with it.
  37. Aydhayeth

Scaring the wife...

My girlfriend comes to trackdays but doesn't enjoy the occasional hoon on the road :D
  38. Aydhayeth

Backseat

Hey guys, I did a bit of a search but couldn't find a related thread, could be me though. Yesterday I popped the rear seat out of my EP3 and was wondering what others did to finish it off? Was thinking of cutting a piece of velours and sticking it into place to give it a slightly more...
  39. Aydhayeth

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Nice ITR you have there! Envious.
  40. Aydhayeth

Twistedmonkey ep3 type r Milano red

Looking good!
  41. Aydhayeth

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

I fitted new performance pads and ever since they squeel horribly at low speeds. Nothing to do about it so got used to it.
  42. Aydhayeth

Matty's Ep3 Turbo... RPF1 reps & AR-1's fitted..

That sounds ridiculous :D How are you liking the pads? I have the rc6 pads, braking is amazing but they squeel like mad at low speeds.
  43. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

I did indeed. Forgot to put up pictures... Today was a good day: First ringtrip of the year :D Car performed as expected. New brakes are great as are the semi's. Definitely up for a suspension upgrade now.
  44. Aydhayeth

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Digging the mad aero. Fitting in a flat floor would be worth it.
  45. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

I spend quite some time at the 'Ring. It's about a three hour drive for me so well worth spending the day. :) Most of my buddies drive Megane RS's beefed up to 300+ so I have my work cut out for me.
  46. Aydhayeth

Belgian EP3

Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I have been the owner of a 2005 EP3 for about 7 months. I've been trailing this forum for a while reading and posting here and there and introduced myself back in October. I've had quite a few vehicles Nissan Silvias, GT86, Audi A4, ... Now that I have...
  47. Aydhayeth

Wobble in my EP3

Hey guys, I have this issue with my EP3 and not sure what it could be. Under heavy braking at high speed, my steering wheel and pedal will wobble. Driving at higher speeds (60mph + ) my steering will wobble ever so slightly. Lastly, when driving on cobblestone roads there is a slight...
  48. Aydhayeth

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Lovely motor you've got there. ;)
  49. Aydhayeth

tyres. what to get.

I use AD08R on my civic. But I don't know if you want to go down the semi road.
  50. Aydhayeth

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

Eureka, finally got a chance to register.
  51. Aydhayeth

Still can't register.. An email might indeed be in order..
  52. Aydhayeth

Our black FK2

Looks epic, loving the black on black look.
  53. Aydhayeth

Thanks.. Still can't register, I keep getting: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 148118 bytes) in /home/civictyper/public_html/forum/phpbb/cache/driver/file.php on line 563" Don't know what's going on over there to be honest.
  54. Aydhayeth

Would you mind popping my name down? I can try registering again over the next few days.
  55. Aydhayeth

Registrations seem to be down though. I tried registering but all I get is a blank page.
  56. Aydhayeth

Would be interested if he wants to post international. Will pop over and have a looksie.
  57. Aydhayeth

DC5 LSD

Straight fit IIRC. :)
  58. Aydhayeth

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

It went up to 150 rather nippy. Was surprised to be honest, was expecting it to be slower.
  59. Aydhayeth

IIRC about 165.. Lying POS :lol:
  60. Aydhayeth

158 mph on the GPS, Hondata, breathing mods and exhaust. It got there quite fast.. I quit while I was ahead.. :D
  61. Aydhayeth

Another double din question

I have a pioneer unit ( can't remember the model of the top of my head ) and I can switch through the colours as I wish. Think it's pretty standard on most double dins.
  62. Aydhayeth

NHB civic type r ep3 2004

Liking the wheels. :) Out of curiosity, where did you order your new mats? Cheers.
  63. Aydhayeth

Back box options? (not too loud)

I have the SRS exhaust. It's a full system with decat and it's pretty ok. I use the screw in silencer and it's very quiet. Pop it out when I go to the track or want to go hooning.
  64. Aydhayeth

Dan's EP3 Track Car (Tight Budget Build) Or Not.

How are the shifts with the new bushes?
  65. Aydhayeth

Wheel bible: Loads of pics of different wheels on the CTR

For future reference if others were looking at this build, it will not clear the calipers properly.
  66. Aydhayeth

Notchy gears

I switched out gearbox oil, looked pretty clean but smelled FOUL. Gearchanges have been a lot better ever since.
  67. Aydhayeth

wheel/brake center bore

What vehicle? It is 64.1 for the EP3 CTR.
  68. Aydhayeth

Does anyone else own 2 cars?

I have my EP3 Type R for daily use and an S14 Zenki for weekend spirited driving.
  69. Aydhayeth

EP3 had ET55 as standard, iirc. And I mentioned they are 6,5J. :)
  70. Aydhayeth

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

How are the shifts with the new bushes and short shifter?
  71. Aydhayeth

My apologies if this question has been posted before but I could not find it while searching. I was wondering if 16 inch cover the front calipers on an EP3? I found some steel rims ET55, 6,5J for the winter and was wondering if they would fit. Seeing as I am a complete knob when it comes to...
  72. Aydhayeth

Notchy gears

Letting your engine run for 20 mins? Idle running is not necessarily a healthy thing for your engine.. I am doing a full service this weekend, including gearbox oil. So hopefully with decent results. Thanks for the pointers. Cheers
  73. Aydhayeth

Notchy gears

Hey guys, I have been reading here for a bit but only just registered. A few months ago I got my first type R, a 2005 EP3 with just 50000 miles on the clock. It is great fun however there is the following issue: Sometimes when I change gears when upshifting the gearstick seems to slip out...
Back