• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Blakectr

Ep3 type r over fueling after decat

It's going to smell richer if you remove the cat to be fair, even if it's not. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  2. Blakectr

Alarm fob not programming.

Removed the keyless module and took it apart, must of disturbed something as when I fitted it back on its holding programme. Must be a dodgy solder or something else on the circuit. Ordered another as it'll probably happen again. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  3. Blakectr

Alarm fob not programming.

Hello, I left my 2004 ep3 for a week whilst I was away, car won't unlock with the fob now. The vehicle battery wasn't really low (enough to start ok) and the car unlocks with the key but the alarm goes off. I entered the key programming procedure which was easy enough to find on the net, the...
  4. Blakectr

Oil Leak!!

Better idea Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  5. Blakectr

Oil Leak!!

Don't do that!! God. Anything could happen Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  6. Blakectr

Oil Leak!!

Hello yes it's probably the crankshaft oil seal. You will do well to remove the pulley bolt without a tool to counter hold it. Its very tight, sealy do a decent cheap one which I brought and does the job. The seal itself is easy enough to replace. I did however do mine twice as the first one...
  7. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Quick update. I eventually got a Acuity hall effect and calibration harness and fitted this yesterday. I also refitted the original airbox complete with hondata mod and K&n filter. I removed the typhoon as didn't notice any benifits and tbh with the spoon exhaust it's prefered the noise of just...
  8. Blakectr

My EP3 Anniversary

Nice shots! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  9. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Blocked off the air assist valve today and sorted the cold running excessive fast idle out so have ordered a delete kit for that. I've also plumped for an acuity hall tps sensor for piece of mind. Fair bit cheaper than the ktuned and very good reviews. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  10. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Thanks Crowds. I'll certainly look into that Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  11. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Ok so bit of an update. Cars running well, prob best it's ever ran - however, cold start is now 2200rpm a good 400 rpm up on before tps adjustment lol. What's the Norm cold start Rpms on these? 2200 seems a little excessive. Thinking of upgrading to a ktuned and being done with it. Does anyone...
  12. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Hi yes I've seen the k tuned ones. If this one gives me trouble I'll be investing in one :) Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  13. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Well it seems the tps is the main culprit for this apparently common problem. So much smoother now. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  14. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Got the car in the workshop and managed to borrow the use of a snap-on solus (nice bit of kit) tps was reading 0.31 closed and not too far off 4.50 fully open. I adjusted it to read 0.51 Which is as close as it would go and it now reads over 4.50 at wot. Quick drive and it appears to have...
  15. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Yes prob just around 1/4 on any gear most noticed 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  16. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Yes ep3. No throttle cable has been adjusted and made do diff. Don't thinks there's an internal potentiometer on the pedal on mine either. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  17. Blakectr

Hesitation, stutter

Id been noticing some slight stuttering and a slight miss under approx 1/4 throttle when accelerating and changing up through the gears. It's been getting worse recently to the point it's doing my head in a bit. I had the throttle body off for a clean tonight and noticed a nut missing so there...
  18. Blakectr

Hid recommendations

Went with these. Will update when fitted. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  19. Blakectr

Hid recommendations

Edit: just seen another similar thread. My bad. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  20. Blakectr

Hid recommendations

Hi, my drivers side is not always coming on, or does after a few cycles of the switch. Don't know how long they've been in there so am just going to buy a new kit. Looks like h1's in the facelift. Was wondering of all the brands is their any recommendations? Seem so cheap on ebay you would...
  21. Blakectr

Ep3 type r engine mounts

Once one engine Mount goes it'll add extra stresses onto the existing mounts also. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  22. Blakectr

Crankshaft pully

Pulley is probably goosed. The rubber bonding deteriorated on mine and split. See my timing chain thread. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  23. Blakectr

Timing chain day.

Cheers, always spannering. Just replaced bottom pulley and guide and all's quiet :) Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  24. Blakectr

Timing chain day.

So I gathered the parts in the week and set about replacing the chain today. Cars done 95k and is a 2004. So thought it was time do tick that off the list. First problem I had was removing the crankshaft pulley bolt! Man that bugger was tight. Even with the sealy tool to hold it whilst undoing...
  25. Blakectr

EP3 Another ep3 off the road for good

RIP Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  26. Blakectr

EP3 Another ep3 off the road for good

Scum bag for leaving a man behind. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  27. Blakectr

Cylinder 3 missfire

Well a jumped tooth would certainly explain lumpy running! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  28. Blakectr

Euro car parts black Friday deals.

Only right to share the love. Euro have upto 67% off (so the website states) and some good buys to be had. I have just brought Brembo rear discs and pads for £56 so happy with that. Discount code is BLACKFRIDAY. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  29. Blakectr

Chipping - An explanation for beginners

Great post thanks. Just been looking into a remap as the exhaust and intake mods will be complete soon. But, a quick look at the tdi north website and I'm not so sure. In between £500- £800 depending on hardware once the kpro has been brought. Seems a bit steep. Shame. Back in the day I took my...
  30. Blakectr

My EP3 Anniversary

Seems a lot of people come back to them :) looks good. Looks.good when.the front windows are tinted. My guy wouldn't do my fronts.. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  31. Blakectr

Cylinder 3 missfire

I think you will find the cam position sensor code will be flagged with a stretched chain. It's probably a coil pack or spark plug. Were they changed at service? Not sure if a tight valve clearance would bring this on but doubtful. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  32. Blakectr

EP3 crash...

Glad your ok mate! As said, strip and sell you'll be better off that way. If you do I might be interested in a gearbox ;) good luck Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  33. Blakectr

JDM EP3 no side repeaters

If the fronts are visible from level with the rear of the car 1m out then that's ok. I'm a tester. Have passed similar. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  34. Blakectr

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

Well, you never stop learning do you. I like that post. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  35. Blakectr

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

Don't overheat new discs as a general rule. Metal gets harder after several heat cycles. This is the cause of many warped newly fitted discs. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  36. Blakectr

FN2 Clutch Noise / Spigot Bush / Extended Warranty

I too have a kinda wooo noise when pulling away always thought it was a exhaust resonance or engine mount a bit week. Never bothered me much as it's not loud. Not sure if I'd class it a whine on mine. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  37. Blakectr

B pipe suggestions

Thanks guys :) Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  38. Blakectr

B pipe suggestions

Hi, I'm currently running a N1 back box which I'm very happy with sound wise. The car still has a crappy Walker b pipe and I'm looking to upgrade this mainly because I'm sure this is a bit of a restriction. However I'm not looking to spend 400 plus... I see there are n1 reps on ebay for a...
  39. Blakectr

Fog light blanks

Will do. Either that or go to plan B and make CAI's or fabricate some blanks Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  40. Blakectr

Fog light blanks

Anyone know if fog lamps blanks are availible for the ep3. Mine looks odd as no front fogs but no blanks either. Toyed with the idea of a CAI one side and a dummy one to match the other. Maybe some cross hatch to match the grill and make something? Ideas? Tia Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  41. Blakectr

Spoon Bpipe + dc sports manifold fitment

I love the sound of the N1 I just fitted. BUT it's on a stock system and I think the sound level is perfect. That said I'm going for a silenced B pipe when finances alow for better flow. Can only imagine how loud this pipe would be with straight through. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  42. Blakectr

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Yes it is very unlikely. Only had to change 1 or 2 masters because of this in best part of 20 years lol. But it sounds like you've bled it. See how she goes. New fluid will make it feel better. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  43. Blakectr

Just catching up with some maintanance..

Thanks very much for that Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  44. Blakectr

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Sometimes when you bleed brakes the rod inside the master cylinder goes past where it normall would and CAN damage the seal slightly. This however is pretty usual. We use a pressure bleeder at work as this is the least intrusive way. New fluid should feel firmer at the peddle as it's hygroscopic...
  45. Blakectr

Where is the best place to get my new B pipe fitted, Norfolk/Cambridgeshire

Good to hear Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  46. Blakectr

Where is the best place to get my new B pipe fitted, Norfolk/Cambridgeshire

I live in Suffolk and work in cambs but at a Jaguar dealership so not something I can do in the workshop I'm afraid. Just about get away with doing my own stuff.... it's probably going to be a case of grinding off what's left of the old nuts and drilling through. Not a major job but if someone...
  47. Blakectr

Found the air filter easy enough. Was the breather 25mm inlet? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  48. Blakectr

Could you give me a link to parts needed please? I'm all over this :) also I presume you had to buy the engine breather filter too? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  49. Blakectr

Thanks I'll take a look at that. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  50. Blakectr

I'm sure the stock airbox does a good job, would just like it to sound a bit more like it looks. Not a stupidly loud pipe, but it seems the standard b pipe is a bit of a restriction on these. And the standard bore seems a little small. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  51. Blakectr

Car doesn't miss a beat. Smooth and quiet. I'll do it before 100k though. Most other cars/bikes I've changed have been stretched tbf. My wife's corsa **** itself big time. Load of junk. Bent valves the lot. Fixed it for her though. Cheap as chips. On the hunt for the right induction/exhaust...
  52. Blakectr

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Have you replaced anything else, e.g discs/pads? as these will feel a little different until bedded in. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  53. Blakectr

I've replaced chains before. Not on these. But it's no bother. Belive it or not I've been a tech for 20 years. Just forget to check lower timing mark as was just concentrating on the cams as per manual for valve clearances. Embarrassing really lol Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  54. Blakectr

Was on a mission bugger. I was going to change it as precaution anyway at some point. Not too bad a job by the looks of it. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  55. Blakectr

Annoyingly as I was only checking clearances I forgot to look. I can see me having to have another check now wonder if I can time it up without removing cam cover again, sensor end? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  56. Blakectr

Arrived at work bright (well dark actually) and early and let myself in to start on today's jobs. On the list I had gearbox oil change, remove damaged side skirt and fit replacement, subframe collars, alingment, valve clearances and replace vtec solenoid gauze/gasket. The most annoying job was...
Back