• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. bigbob

need help with Meguiars Ultimate products

thanks peeps. some good info there. going to go for: 1) Megs NXT car wash 2) Megs Step 1 paint cleaner 3) Megs Ultimate polish 4) Megs Ultimate Wax. does this seem like a good combo? i think this should keep me busy on a sunday!! cheers guys.
  2. bigbob

thanks mate. so am i right in thinking i can only use the compound with a polisher then? as i dont own one! also, i have read and correct me if i'm wrong, if i polish then wax, this will seal in the "bad paintwork", so no real benefit? and what are the benefits of using a quality polish? thanks.
  3. bigbob

anyone?? i dont know much about detailing and i dont want to buy the wrong product! more importantly i dont want to mess my paintwork up!!!
  4. bigbob

hi all! its been a while!! i'm thinking of getting the new Meguiars Ultimate polish and the Ultimate wax, but also noticed they do a Ultimate compound. i emailed Megs to find out what the difference was and they said the compound was an abrasive product to remove faints scratches/swirls...
  5. bigbob

DT's silver FD2

1st pic above looks nice! wheels look nice too.
  6. bigbob

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

nice car dude! and you got the right colour! :p
  7. bigbob

FD2 CTR FD2 Reverse Gear after 6km/hr it sound like an old car

my car has a weird sound when reversing. i think its normal. i like the sound tbh!!
  8. bigbob

FD2 Full Toda Exhaust and Hondata Reflash ECU *UPDATE* Now with GruppeM

you have got an awsome gain there!! :cool:
  9. bigbob

making my FD2 look like new again

yup! and yours looking as clean as ever! it always rains on my days off!! :(
  10. bigbob

FD2 Colour coded Grill

nice.
  11. bigbob

thanks for the replies guys. i actually use nxt at the mo, but its not the new "2.0" version.
  12. bigbob

hi, before the server failure i asked how i can get a mirror-like finish on my CW FD2. someone listed a couple of sites and suggestions and, well i'm asking again!! :p thanks!
  13. bigbob

FD2 boot release latch

cheers guys. all sorted. yup, a small blue clip. very easy to get as the FD2 is is stripped out so no covers. ;)
  14. bigbob

FD2 boot release latch

hi all. when i lift the leaver for the boot release nothing happens. but the little button on the key fob will open the boot. any ideas? could something be broken?
  15. bigbob

FD2 My new FD2

headunit looks far better in the flesh
  16. bigbob

FD2 FD2 owners please say hello here.

£399!?!? you done good there mate!! were you looking for a plate or did you just come across it?
  17. bigbob

thats one badboy numberplate you got there.
  18. bigbob

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

:lol::lol::lol:
  19. bigbob

lost key: accord

cheers. :)
  20. bigbob

lost key: accord

a mate of mine has lost the keys to their honda accord. its a 1998 model ( i think) and they have no red key. what is fully involved in getting a replacement key? honda (dealer) say that the immobiliser (sp?) will need changing aswell, total cost including key is around £400. are they...
  21. bigbob

didnt know i missed this thread!! CW 57 FD2R (TypeR) Private Plate Front Mugen Lip Debadged 8000K PIAA Sidelights Kenwood 729DVD with 4GB Lexar USB Stick Kenwood front speakers Kenwood 1000W amp JBL rear speakers 2x 12" Inphase XTB-212 subwoofers
  22. bigbob

FD2 Has anybody thought about...

yeah, its probably the easiest mod you'll ever do. get yourself a powerful hairdryer or ask a valeter to do if for you.
  23. bigbob

FD2 Has anybody thought about...

its the first mod i did:
  24. bigbob

NHB FN2 Couple of mods done

easy with the comebacks matey. heavy is slang for phat. :smt023
  25. bigbob

NHB FN2 Couple of mods done

looks heavy.
  26. bigbob

FD2 FD2 ECU recall

yeah same here mate. this is some freaky stuff!!
  27. bigbob

FD2 Blue one, more pics

looks nice mate, looks nice...
  28. bigbob

FD2 Red H badge?

you're right! http://news-images.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/8/6/5/4/1/Honda_Civic_Type_S_4.jpg
  29. bigbob

FD2 Fan

the above "solution" also solves my misting problem!!
  30. bigbob

FD2 Fan

i may have found the solution to the fan coming on all the time. not that i dont think theres anything wrong with the fan coming on all the time but hey... i believe theres 3 "settings" for the AC. the message is normally displayed on the little temp control screen. it will eith say AC OFF...
  31. bigbob

FD2 Mist

yes mate i have used the demister. but i was just wondering why my window quickly mists up. its never happened on any other car i have driven. i'll try the trick with the washing up liquid.
  32. bigbob

FD2 Mist

hi i have not yet really used the air con tbh.
  33. bigbob

FD2 Mist

when i switch my engine on, on a morning, my winscreen quickly mists up! i can demist it, but surely it shouldnt happen in the first place?
  34. bigbob

FD2 Hello!

welcome james! you'll love the car and this forum!! got mine from Litcho too. CW with front Mugen lip. it gives the car a whole new look! the car itself...well had mine about 3 months and nearly done 4.5k-ish miles!! just cant stop driving! its sooo special, there is nothing like it...
  35. bigbob

FD2 Fan

thanks for the clear up mate. its strange, but it never happened for first 2.5k-ish miles, then all of a sudden just started making a loud clicking noise!!
  36. bigbob

FD2 Fan

hi, does the fan on your FD2 come on with a loud clicking noise and how often does it come on? mine seems to come on about every 40 secs!!
  37. bigbob

FD2 Oil

thanks for the feedback.
  38. bigbob

FD2 Oil

hey all! need to get some top-up oil. i have read many threads on here and other honda forums and the more i read the more i get confused. can someone tell me what i need for my FD2? its done about 4.5K miles. all i want to know is the type and the "best" brand. thanks.
  39. bigbob

FD2 spare key

cheers!
  40. bigbob

FD2 spare key

hey all!!! does your spare key look the same as your main key?
  41. bigbob

FD2 kph

glad to see you havnt wasted time in modding it!! took it round the nerburg ring!! ive also had my mugen lip fitted - the fd2 looks absolutely different with it on...it looks proper mean! and i seem to get more looks since ive had it fitted!! gonna av to post a pic of it soon
  42. bigbob

FD2 kph

i was gonna do the same next year!! but i also realised no kph. gonna have to ask litcho as he has just come back from Germany with it! hows motor running?
  43. bigbob

FD2 FD2 here at last ..

:cool: car!
  44. bigbob

FD2 FD2 Mods

i dont think the leds are stock. when i collected my car he said i could have them on. http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=3&car=126&middle=2&small=20 as you can see, japanparts.com are selling them...
  45. bigbob

FD2 FD2 Mods

just so you know, i meant to have wrote i can't afford all the mods! and yes, the LED spot lights...they look soooo :cool:
  46. bigbob

FD2 FD2 Mods

now that we have a couple of people with fd2s on here and a few waiting, i was just wondering if you guys had any mods planned? i'm going to do the following, although not all at once as i can afford it!! mugen front lip (on order) front spotlights (the fifth gear episode has convinced me)...
  47. bigbob

FN2 service intervals

hi, just wondering what the service intervals are for the FN2.
  48. bigbob

FD2 My FD2

couldnt help but notice but you have an external fog light. its just there is space in the rear bootlid clusters for them!!
  49. bigbob

FD2 FD2 owners/pre-orders thread

ive just had my 1k service done at litchs!! worth doing mate, then every 5k IMO. after your 1k service...you are free to open up your car!!
  50. bigbob

FD2 My FD2

i may take a night pic on the interior so you can see the kenny better. and with the blue footwell neons
  51. bigbob

FD2 My FD2

cant mate, working. :( as for the headunit, its in the pic. its a kenwood 729DVD. the pic i took of it wasnt great, my camera battery was dying on me!!
  52. bigbob

FD2 My FD2

please see my other threads on ride/kit. and i did debadge it so that no one can tell what it is. and the head unit looks alot better in the flesh...trust me!! ;)
  53. bigbob

i could do with a copy aswell. ;)
  54. bigbob

FD2 My FD2

pics of my FD2.
  55. bigbob

FD2 Warranty?

3yr unlimited mileage warranty from litch, supplied by lloyds with 12 months AA
  56. bigbob

it does look sweet in silver. there werent many silver promo pics, same with the blue, all the official pics seem to be white fd2s. but silver looks cool. i hope to see it in the flesh one day...
  57. bigbob

FD2 New arrival....FD2 *with some night time pics*

nice car mate. and welcome to the forum. any mods planned?
  58. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

all sorted at the service. they were pionting too low so the guy adjusted them. :D
  59. bigbob

FD2 getting mine next week!!

while i was there at litch, i saw two fd2s in white. one in the showroom and one getting valeted.
  60. bigbob

i believe they are 5.5inch for the rear speakers. my mate bought them so i will double check. i kept the front as they are (kenwood) as i may install components in the future and upgrade them too. service all done. :D this is when all the fun starts....!!!
  61. bigbob

FD2 help obtaining FD2 JDM mats

just out of interest, didnt you get any mats with the car?
  62. bigbob

i did the ice install with a mate (who does installs for a living). took a few long hours. i will be taking pics very soon. theres space for two tweeters on top of dash, but not got any in at mo.
  63. bigbob

FD2 help obtaining FD2 JDM mats

if your wanting originals: http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=3&car=126&middle=2&small=13 or, if like me, you want cheapo mats: http://www.carmats4u.com/Honda/cid,121987,index.html took about 10 days for del, and i have the originals in my loft for when i come to sell my car...
  64. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

the car is lowered as standard (i havnt lowered it myself). i did look under the bonnet but could not see any white screws. i know what you mean though, i had them on my previous civic. everything seems to be covered and the headlights are really hard to get to. its worth mentioning that...
  65. bigbob

the ride it hard and very bouncy. it almost throws you out of your seat. dont let that put you off though as its not that bad. and no matter how hard it is...i love driving it. you'll get used to it suppose
  66. bigbob

i guess i'm the lucky one. i'd like a clear up on the headunit aswell guys. i got a kcheapo kenwood single din as standard. i didnt really mind as i have a pretty cool kenwood that i put in meself, but surely it should be the same spec for everyone? unless you paid more for an alpine....?
  67. bigbob

loving it! i really have made the right choice and all my mates say the same. not let the vtec kick in yet...but i'm dying to! i'm taking it for a service on weds, its done about 1200 miles!! i got it undersealed aswell. (not by litch - didnt ask him tbh) i have no idea when the mugen...
  68. bigbob

FD2 FD2 In Black

thanks for the link. check out the angel eye headlights: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/snoopy77k/OhaNa349-1.jpg i'm not too keen on the whole angel eye thing for two reasons: looks a bit boy-racerish and once the angel eyes blow theres nowt you can do apart from bin em!! i did...
  69. bigbob

FD2 FD2 In Black

if white was not an option then the black would also have been my colour. but the white would always have won if i had to choose between the two.
  70. bigbob

FD2 FD2 Specs!!

http://www.j-garage.com/honda/civic/07spec.htm can someone please make this a sticky?
  71. bigbob

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

apparently its only a year away from hitting dealerships!! i loved the old CRX - my mate had one. nice little car. if honda can redesign the front end it would look lovely.
  72. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

cheers...will give it a shot.
  73. bigbob

FD2 FD2 In Black

damn! cereal...23rd....i feel for you! that does look nice in black although it looks like an aftermarket jobby. can anyone make out the web address from the numberplate? i wouldnt mind ordering some headlights for my FD2!! or any other nice parts tbh
  74. bigbob

FD2 FD2 under £20,000?

i'm happy with my purchase. i didnt mind paying the little extra to get it from a company that everyone know of. yes its alot of money but its the price you pay for the service you get IF anything was to happen. i'm not saying litch is better than all the other companies mention here, but he...
  75. bigbob

well, litch finally picked my car up yesterday. wont have it for a couple of days! damn! i miss it already. its funny how you get used to everything tho. i'm driving a really old accord about until i get my FD2 back and i keep putting on the wipers instead of the indicators and i keep...
  76. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

thanks for that. they are pointing a bit low tbh. the beam doesnt seem to go far enough. i dont have a switch inside the vehicle to change direction. is there any other way to do it manually?
  77. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

thanks for that mate. reason i ask is that i think the FD2 takes the same bulbs. i dont find the stock lights powerful enough. i cant see naff all at night!! i have seen these...
  78. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

lol! doh what an idiot!! main headlight bulb
  79. bigbob

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

hi, can someone tell me which bulbs are used in the DC5? thanks
  80. bigbob

FD2 FD2 exhaust

hi, the standard FD2 exhaust looks stainless steel to me. i wont be going down for the powerflow route. i'm just waiting for a price for the milktek system from litch.
  81. bigbob

thanks for the clearup on the tints PJS. i hope your having a good time in Oz. and yes i am loving the FD2. done just over 800 miles now, have been driving it hard a bit now. i dont think litch will do anything about underseal. you can get special underseal spray stuff which i'm going to...
  82. bigbob

FD2 engine revs

thanks guys. i thought it was a bit high but if you all agree then its cool. man this car drinks fuel!!!
  83. bigbob

finally got ICE installed. be careful tho, if your thinking of changing your head unit, the whole dash pretty much has to come apart. got a qoute of £190 for tints (both front and back sides + rear). should be getting that done soon. anyone know what is meant when they say the shade of...
  84. bigbob

FD2 engine revs

hi, i took my FD2 on the motorway yesterday (done about 750 miles now). at 75mph in 6th gear, the engine was revving at around 4000rpm. is this normal?
  85. bigbob

FD2 FD2 exhaust

spoke to litch and he says if its from the cat back its ok.
  86. bigbob

FD2 FD2 Fuel

litch told me normal fuel is ok to use in the FD2
  87. bigbob

waxing/polishing

true, but a special car requires a special section!! ;) anyone recomend a good wax?
  88. bigbob

waxing/polishing

yes....its already time to give my new car a good clean. can anyone recommend any good products? as its a new car do i still need to use wax and a top coat? or can i get away with just a top coat polish? like this one...
  89. bigbob

FD2 FD2 exhaust

hi, like i said i dont want performance increase, just a nice sound. went to my local Powerflow exhaust centre today. got my FD2 on ramp. first time ive had a look underneath!! there is no underbody seal. so first thing i'm going to do is seal it!! socondly, the guy can do me a straight...
  90. bigbob

ice going in next week. hopefully going to get the tints and exhaust done aswell. no idea when lip is arriving from jap.
  91. bigbob

not yet. gonna wait for my tints and mugen lip.
  92. bigbob

yeah. but then again i did have a 1.4 civic before this but i suppose economy should improve once its worn in. so how long you got left then until you get yours?
  93. bigbob

yeah. i know how you feel mate. but it will pay off when you drive it and with all the looks you'll get!! i have a private plate too so when people do see my car they dont know what year it is, what model, and i drive with my rear fogs on - it looks soooo sexy at the back. the lights look...
  94. bigbob

because i was soo impatiant and like you say mine is the first one (after litch's own) in the uk, i dont think he had time to sort all the stuff. i dont mind to be honest. when i turn the ac on the speedo would freeze. but i havnt beem messing with the ac so its been ok. i did tell litch...
  95. bigbob

FD2 FD2 exhaust

hey. i want my FD2 to sound mean, but i dont really want to make it go faster. any complications if i take the back box out and have a straight pipe from middle to back? any suggestions?
  96. bigbob

hey guys. sorry for no update. been busy with work and that. well, litchfield is sending one of his guys around with a flatbed to sort out couple of minor niggles. but the car itself....wow! i have it debadged so no one knows what it is. i get people turning heads looking at it and thinking...
  97. bigbob

please see: http://2007civictyper.proboards98.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=typer&thread=1190152836
  98. bigbob

nah. got my own gear. kenwood dvd touchscreen i was on about in a different thread, kenwood amp, subs....
  99. bigbob

ive always been told not to drive "hard" for the first 1000 miles which is what i'm going to do. after that....its pure fun!!! thanks. i rang ian and the car is ready. so unless gloucester has a major downpour or something i should have car tomorrow!! :D :D :D :D :D :D next week, its the...
  100. bigbob

FD2 Honda Japan sells stripped down track-only FD2

i'm happy with my FD2. the one i ordered seems stripped out enough for me anyways!!!!!
Back