• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. a2ssm

Steering locks. . . .

As they say you should drive a type r as if you have stolen it:party:
  2. a2ssm

Acceleration/power problem

:smt023 I think not enough fuel is getting to the engine causing the symptoms you have listed. ( Its the same when your car has just about run out of petrol).
  3. a2ssm

Bell.co.uk

I've just turned 24. ATR with BEll cheapest i could find. 5years NCD protected. £1100.
  4. a2ssm

CH1 EGR Plate, What does it do?

EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculation. What happens is about 10% of the exhaust gas is recirculated to the EGR valve. That then analyses if it is between the range. If not it will change the fuel/air ratio in order to get the emissions with in the limits. That is why a bad EGR valve...
  5. a2ssm

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

His is a red dc on x plate (2000) and trust me it is quick. It has left my accord type r several times but not by much:lol:
  6. a2ssm

Surrey RR - Dyno Results

I know a guy who will be interested in your SiR if your selling it. He has an integra type r but still wants to keep it for a while otherwise you could have sorted somet out. How much do you want for yours??
  7. a2ssm

my baby

Just found out that the beesting aerial is on the facelift and not on the pre face lift. Sorry!!:smt053
  8. a2ssm

my baby

Nice car mate. I see you have put the proper exhaust pipes on. :p . I have an ATR and im after a beesting aerial like yours. Is yours an imitation or a proper aerial and did you stick it on using double sided? Any ideas where you can buy them from??
  9. a2ssm

My 99 Pirate Black ATR

Nice car mate. I have the same. lol:D . Are the back caliphers painted red cant tell from pic. . I was about to lower mine but then decided not to as it would compomise on the ride. Instead i put a set of mud flaps on. It does the trick as it makes the car appear lower.:) I was interested in...
  10. a2ssm

A Few of a FD2 !

Awsome car mate. Would love to open the valves up on that beast:D . Are these 220 brake?
  11. a2ssm

My DC5 Integra Type R (Update Pg.3 13/04/08)

amazing car mate. How do these compare power wise to the dc2
  12. a2ssm

CH1 HID bulb for accord type r 1999

I have phoned an electrician up and he has told me that it is most likely the ignitor. Is this integrated in the ballast or is it a seperate part all together and where abouts can it be found near the headlight? Does anyone know how much they cost from dealers? Thanks in advance
  13. a2ssm

Accord type r EGR valve problem?? Need expert help??

I have a problem with my hid light bulb. Maybe you could help me on that http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=49248 ;)
  14. a2ssm

Hi. I have replaced the HID bulbs today but the same thing is happening. When I switch the lights on the bulbs start of as the same colour then the one on the right turns white (before purple) in seconds. What could this be? :confused:
  15. a2ssm

Yes The problem is gone and the light is off. :D Are you having the same problem??
  16. a2ssm

My 1999 ATR in pirates black, 1992 civic vti, 2003 NSR bike

Just had my car rocker cover painted. The engine looks as though it has just come out of the factory! :D
  17. a2ssm

99 Accord type r Water cooling system leak?

Thanks for the speedy replies. I will keep an eye out for it. After driving when i turn the engine off and pop the bonnet i can hear a "drip, water running" sound. I suspected it was the water pump as there was no sign of water leaking outside the car.
  18. a2ssm

99 Accord type r Water cooling system leak?

Hi. I found a leak in the radiator about TWO weeks ago. So i replaced it with a brand new radiator. Now the water in the expansion tank has gone down from maximum to minimum in a week. So topped it up again and same thing. Is this normal or isthere a leak. Where should i look? Any ideas...
  19. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

nice.
  20. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

It is sorted. It was the egr gasket that was damaged. I cleaned the valve and then used the same old gasket. Replaced gasket and car is fine now. :D
  21. a2ssm

I called honda customer relatiions and explained to them the situation. They said the car was not under warranty and was 8 years old (1999) so they could not do anything for me. They seemed nice though. So i guess it is ebay then. Lee how would you compare , these bulbs to the original...
  22. a2ssm

STOLEN ACCORD TYPE-R

sorry to hear about it mate. The thieves need their nuts crushing. I hope my disklok arrives quickly.
  23. a2ssm

The rest of the pics. Hope you like;) forgot to mention the atr has 98k on clock with full honda service, i'm forth owner, previous owner had it for 6 years!! I also had the caliers painted red.
  24. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

How much would it roughly cost for rolling road?? My car was serviced at 94000 on 98k so doesnt need service untill another 5000 miles.
  25. a2ssm

This is my atr in pirates black. Just bought it last month. Ive had a few civic vti's in the past but i thought it was time to move up. The type r is completely standard. The things that i have done since buying the car was changing o2 sensor and cleaning the egr ports. Oh yes i also replaced...
  26. a2ssm

5th gen prelude 2.2vti

could do with a motiga body kit and alloys. But looks good
  27. a2ssm

tyre wearing way too quickly - geometry checked in Bradford?

hi mate did you manage to get the tyres sorted??
  28. a2ssm

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what happens. Hope they can sorted it out cheaper than £80. If it doesnt work then ill have to get them of ebay. :D Thanks for all the help
  29. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

I have tested my car against a dc2 and civic type r and both seem to be faster. This was when the car had a small leak in the intake manifold gasket. Could this cause a loss in power???
  30. a2ssm

Hi. Who do i ask if i want it replacing by honda free of charge. Even £30 isnt bad as i was quoted £80 from local dealer.
  31. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

According to parkers the 0-60 times ATR 1998-2001 7.3secs DC2 6.5 secs CTR 6.4 secs Has anyone found it to be different
  32. a2ssm

Hi. The passenger side hid bulb has lost its colour. When iturn the lights on it starts of as ice blue but then turns a light purple in seconds. I think i need it replacing. Does anyone know the size and temperature for the bulbs. I think it may be a D2R but not sure about the colour. Cheers
  33. a2ssm

Found it.:rolleyes: It was fuse 13 on the passengers side under the glove compartment. Its called clock, backup
  34. a2ssm

I have just replaced the egr gasket and put the egr valve back on. The nioise is no longer there. :D :D If you look closely at the egr gasket it is made of small metal dots that are covered with aluminium. If part of the aluminium is missing then the dots cause a minute air gap allowing the...
  35. a2ssm

CH1 Looks like ATR.org might be back up shortly

Ed ifyou are reading you need to get a move on mate. I'm in serious need of the site. Thanks
  36. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

My car is a standard accord type-r:twisted: . I didn't mean a standard accord:eek: . Otherwise i wouldn't be on this forum.
  37. a2ssm

My gasket on the egr valve looked damaged which may have been letting air into the car causing the slight ticking sound. I have ordered it and will be fitting it tomorrow. does anyone know how tight the nuts should be on the egr port plate that goes on top of the manifold. I have done them...
  38. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

yes the car is completely standard. I have already cleaned the egr port plate which is on top of the manifold.
  39. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

Trust me i know how to drive. Ive noticed that the car has a flat spot. As soon as i rev it the car doesn't respond straight away. What do you think this could be? How do you clean the manifold. Do you mean the egr plate/port.
  40. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

What do you think could be slowing my atr down. The tyres all seem ok. Theres plenty of oil in the car. The vtec is pretty good. It was serviced recently. Any ideas??
  41. a2ssm

top man. What i'll do is give it a go tomorrow and let you know the outcome. Hope the ATR forum wiill be back on very soon.
  42. a2ssm

I think it is just tracking but you can give them a call for further information mate.
  43. a2ssm

yes mate im from bradford. There is a place just of manchester road near carnation called springmill tyres. They use lazer alignment to make sure they are aligned perfectly. The charged me £10 (pretty cheap) for the job on all 4 tyres. THere phone number is 01274 720110. Its worth trying...
  44. a2ssm

So how do i clean the3 valve then mate?
  45. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

I've had two VTI 4 door salloons one on a j plate and the other on a k. Both were very fast but i didn't get the chance to compare with a type r. I still would expect the ATR to do it at bottom end by a few cars but kill it at top end. Ive got an ATR but having a few issues with fuel/exhaust...
  46. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

I have driven one. There very nice cars to drive but which one is faster?
  47. a2ssm

Thanks for getting back to me. The EGR valve itself was not cleaned much just a bit with the carb cleaner. The metal plate about 25 cm long was cleaned out thoroughly as it was full of carbon deposits blocking the airholes. The ticking sound occuring when the engine is reved pretty quick is...
  48. a2ssm

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

Hi. My friend has an 99 ATR and he raced it on a track race day against a 96 civic vti salloon both stock. Guess what the civic kept up with it up untill mid third gear when the accord pulled away :confused: . Is that what supposed to happen?? Also what do you reckon is faster. A ATR or a...
  49. a2ssm

Hi. I have a ATR 1999 in pirates black. I had engine management light come on . Read the code = p0401 = EGr insufficient flow detected. I was told to replace the EGR valve with a new one. But me being me i went and looked it up in further detail. After a bit of research on the net i decided not...
Back