• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

Is it possible to have the standard alarm/fob programmed out altogether?

In another thread, with my 2001 EP3, I've been having problems with other manufacturers fobs (VW group) unlocking my car. So is it possible to have the standard remote locking/alarm programmed out altogether and I'll just open/lock the car with the key for the time being until I get an...
  2. S

Are EP3 and FN2 fuel injectors the same?

As per title please :)
  3. S

Can anyone make sense of my live data please?

Used my bluetooth OBD with Car doctor app, I've got intermittent low rev/part throttle misfire, car feels lacking in torque, idle fluctuates, lights pulse at night, battery voltage varies between 9 and 16 volts while engine is running. Could this be voltage regulator in alternator issue...
  4. S

Energy suspension full bush kit from Tegiwa worth buying?

As title, think I'll replace my bushes to tighten the car up a bit. Is this kit worth having?
  5. S

What else could cause my misfire.hesitation? So far I've changed...

Low rev hesitation and misfiring as I've mentioned on previous thread. Seems to come and go, usually accompanied by bucking/kangarooing. I've put new spark plugs, replacement coilpacks from a car that was running fine, new induction kit, D1 grounding kit. Best thing I've done so far is put a...
  6. S

How the heck is wife's VW Up remote unlocking my EP3?

Title says it all really, every 3rd press of the button or so, opens my doors and flashes the lights! Strange one...She's got a brand new VW UP. Wouldn't have thought the germans spoke jap but there you go :)
  7. S

New goodies arrived today :)

New set of NGK Iridium IX plugs, earthing kit and an induction kit. Managed to change the plugs hoping they would solve my low rev missing/hesitating but no. However, car drives much better and pulls stronger, so must have needed done. Can't change filter yet as waiting on some pipework and...
  8. S

Any idea what this is in my radiator top hose?

Looks like the top hose has been cut and this put it. Not sure what it is, would it have anything to do with my hesitating/kangaroo issues?
  9. S

Looks like my fugs are plucked! Could this be cause of my hesitating?

Also how many wires are there supposed to be from battery earth terminal?
  10. S

Couple of remote fob and key questions...

Apologies, noob to EP3's, is the standard key chipped? If so, why have to press a button on fob to turn immobiliser off? I've only got one key and one fob, so was wondering if I could get away with getting a key cut (my local key place will do a chipped key for £60 ish) and do away with the...
  11. S

EP3 lights flickering in time to engine revs?

Mentioned briefly in my other thread, the headlights seem to flicker to the beat of the engine. Could that be alternator or belt related? Earthing issue maybe? Thanks in advance guys. Im new to EP3's so still learning common faults!
  12. S

Hey peeps, just bought my first type r! Small fault, hope you can help...

Lovely car, well worth the years I've waited to get one :) Only bought it last night and Im at work all weekend so wont see it in day light till Monday :rolleyes: Anyway, little problem, I can't lock it. Wifes been using it today, if locked with fob, alarm goes off almost straight away. Lock...
Back