• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Topjacket

Exhaust Manifold Replacement EP3

Hello I have blow coming from my exhaust which kwik fit have been unable to see on the ramp (seeing it myself, the exhaust looks in pretty good condition). This makes me think it must be the exhaust manifold as its the only bit I can't see. The blow fades after about 10 mins unless its under...
  2. Topjacket

Should I go for a Genuine Knock Sensor?

Hello The Engine Management light came on in my 55 plate EP3 the other day. I did a scan with my cheap bluetooth code reader and got a P0325 code back. After reading online that it is a knock sensor but could also flag up with this code if the car was low on fuel, I filled up and reset the...
  3. Topjacket

Alternator Problem or something else?

Hi All The misses was driving the 55 plate CTR to work this morning, while sat in traffic the car stalled (just by itself :D) the battery light stayed on and the car would not restart. She eventually managed to bump start it and it hasn't died since. I have now tested the battery and it...
  4. Topjacket

EP3 Battery light on, headlights dimming at lower revs

Hi all About 2 months ago the battery light came on in my 55 Plate EP3. It was on every time I drove the car. Then around 2 weeks later the light just went off and has not been back on since. When the light was on I tested the battery with a multimeter both when the engine was and wasn't...
  5. Topjacket

EP3 Disable Passenger Airbag?

Hello All I have tried searching and looking through the hand book but cant see anything (which I suspect answers my question). Is it possible to disable the passenger airbag on the EP3?? Thanks in advance for any help Cheers Jim
  6. Topjacket

Need to replace 3 Tyres, but 4th tyre is an RE040

Hi All I have always had the standard RE040's on my EP3 but as they are no longer made I am undecided as to what to do. I got a puncture in one of my rear tyres about 3 months ago but had a spare RE040 and so had that fitted. This now leaves me with 3 old RE040's that need replacing. How much...
  7. Topjacket

2005 ep3 cut out

Hello all Seasons greetings! Well, after 165,000 pretty much flawless miles in my 2005 ep3, I have had my first ever breakdown. I was turning into a parking space and as I turned the wheel the abs light started flickering and the radio cut out. I stopped turning the wheel and the problem went...
  8. Topjacket

2005 Ep3 rear abs bracket

Hello all Got my car back from its mot today. It passed but did have some advisories, including "rear windows tinted"!!! Another advisory was "both rear abs brackets insecure". I changed my discs and pads earlier this year but have to say I don't know what the abs brackets are. Is this...
  9. Topjacket

Klarius Exhaust Parts

Morning all I trust today finds you well..... My exhaust has been blowing for a while so I have been researching what sort of cat back system to get that would not create loads of noise but at the same time would not make the car feel like it was breathing through a Capri sun straw...
  10. Topjacket

Spongy brakes after rear calipers off

Hello All I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have replaced the pistons on the 2 rear calipers of my EP3 (I then found out that one of the bleed nipples was completely seized so had to replace one of my newly rebuilt calipers with a reconditioned one from brakeparts, which was fun. Lesson –...
  11. Topjacket

Removing a rear caliper on EP3

Hello All Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a 'how to' to remove the handbrake part of the rear caliper on an EP3? I have changed discs and pads before but I am using a caliper rebuild kit so need to get it off the car. I have searched the 'how to' section and someone...
  12. Topjacket

Crush Washers for Transmission Oil Change

Hi All Just wondering if anyone knows what size crush washer(s) are required for a transmission oil change on a 2005 EP3. From pictures I can't tell if there is a washer on both the drain and fill holes or just one of them. I just don't want to take it off to find out what I need!! Cheers Jim
  13. Topjacket

Spark Plugs - Genuine Honda vs Others

Hi All I have done a fair bit of searching but can’t find the answer, so, sorry if this has been asked before. When changing spark plugs people seem to be recommending NGK Iridium IFR7G-11KS. Are these recommended because they are better than the original Honda or because they are cheaper…… or...
  14. Topjacket

Removing a stuck a front disc

Hi All Sorry I wasn't sure if I should ask a question here or if it was just reserved for posts from people who DO know how to do something!! Anyway, after taking what seems like a month to remove the 2 b*****d screws on the disc I thought I was home and hosed, however, I can’t get the disc...
  15. Topjacket

Amplifier from tablet to standard speakers

Hi all I am currently working on replacing my standard headunit with a tablet installed in the dash. My intention is to keep the standard speakers, run a cable from the headphone jack to an amp and then out to the speakers. Can anyone tell me if this 4 channel amp would work with the...
  16. Topjacket

Nexus 7 tablet as a headunit

Seasons greetings all If you only want to read my question it is in the second to last paragraph...... I just thought it might be good to have some context. I have always liked the idea of having a car computer to replace my standard head unit. Originally I thought of having a laptop...
  17. Topjacket

Metallic Sound at Slow speeds and Over Bumps

Hi All My Ep3 as developed a strange noise, just wondering from this description if anyone has an idea of what it could be....... It sounds a bit like squeaky brakes but the closest thing I think it sounds like is when a train is going slowly and changing tracks and you get a metallic noise...
  18. Topjacket

Tail pipes turning gold

Hello Just wondering if anyone has come across this before. I have recently had a new backbox fitted on my ep3 and after around 200 miles the tail pipes have started turning gold. The back box was replaced after the previous one was damaged in a crash. I’m not sure what make or model it is as...
  19. Topjacket

Insurance and HPI Checks

Hi All After 14 years of accident free driving I reversed out from my house and misjudged just how close my tosser of a neighbour had parked his car to the end of my driveway. I know I still shouldn’t have hit it but it does annoy me the fact that he parks opposite my drive so he can have his...
  20. Topjacket

55 plate EP3 100K Service

Evening All Picked up my civic today from its 100K service and for the first time since new the profit making "Honda Health Check Sheet" actually has a few things on it. The worst I have had up until now are bulbs, wiper blades and worn breaks. But the following not so small jobs have...
  21. Topjacket

Dashboard

Hello. On the dashboard of the EP3 (and maybe others) it seems to be made of 2 types of plastic. 1 normal type and another on top which covers the dials section which in my opinion looks slightly better quality. I hope that description makes sense!! I’m not sure if it even does to me...
  22. Topjacket

Not Good Vibrations

Hello there. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the following:- When I get up to around 100mph (on closed roads of course!) I start to get vibrations coming through the steering wheel. Also, when I brake from this sort of speed (no matter how lightly I press the brake) I feel vibrations...
  23. Topjacket

EP3 How Many EP3 Type R's

Hello Does anyone know how many of previous shape type r's were made. I know it may seem a strange question but I have a high badge number and would like to know how close it is to being the last one. It is a late 55 plate and I have only ever seen 2 06 plate ones. Thanks in advance Jim
Back