• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. creilly81

FN2 Possible clutch

Hi all, Ok car is 10 years old this year and has covered just over 100,000 miles (clutch has done about 68,000 as has a warranty claim before the car got to 3 years old). Daily drive for the past 2 years has been town driving stop start in traffic at peak times. Changing gear with normal...
  2. creilly81

FN2 Possible sticking front brakes

Hi all, FN2 is 10 years old this November and has covered just over 99K. On the motorway yesterday all was well, then after about 10 mins at 70mph the steering wheel started to wobble slightly as if there was a wheel balancing issue, completely out of the blue. It's been fine until now...
  3. creilly81

FN2 Tyre Repair

Hi all, Upon inspecting the car tonight the rear offside tyre looked a bit flat. A closer inspection reveals what looks like a nail close to the edge of the tyre. Would you say it's a repair or costly replacement based on its location? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. creilly81

FN2 Click/Clunk upon moving

Hi all, My FN2 has developed what I can only describe as a click / clunk type noise. When I engage first and pull away, upon load it makes the noise. I could make it at will last night by reversing then engaging 1st and pulling forward. It would do it forwards and backward although not as loud...
  5. creilly81

FN2 Grease/oil from drivers side shock absorber

Hi all hoping you can help, Noticed the other day that there was some staining under the car by the offside front wheel. At first thought it may have been my leaky screen wash bottle which I've got to replace the pump from. However it wasn't. I've taken the front wheel off and that's exposed...
  6. creilly81

FN2 Recommended Bodyshop Repair in Kent

Hi guys, Had a mishap with a badger on Friday night about 45-50mph..............came from nowhere hit it front passenger side. I have the Grand Prix pack fitted (optional front and rear bumper skirts). In the cold light of day, the impact has pushed the lower gill back onto the rad, slightly...
  7. creilly81

FN2 FN2 Front Wiper Replacement

Hi all, I've searched the forum and can't find the answer! :mad: Anyone know how to replace the front wipers on the FN2 type R? I've been trying for 15 mins to prise the cap off that allows me access to the clip holding the blade onto the arm, but it just won't budge!!! :evil: Any suggestions?
  8. creilly81

Dealership Change

Apart from Invicta Honda Tunbridge Wells, anyone know of any reputable, reliable Honda dealers in Kent or in the surrounding area? :( I've got this clutch groaning/whine still, even though clutch has been replaced under warranty and i'm also looking to book the 3rd year service and M.O.T. I...
  9. creilly81

FN2 Type R - Possible FM Radio Frequency fault

Driving home tonight listening to the radio as normal, and after around 10 mins from settling off from work the radio went quiet. I tried a different FM station........still nothing, dead as a door nail. The display is still there but no sound. I tried every pre-set FM station i had programmed...
  10. creilly81

FN2 Type R Blue Flame Exhaust

Hi, Anyone had any experience with this CAT back system? Easy to fit? Reliable as systems go? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUEFLAME-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-FN2-/280644930426?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4157bdcb7a#ht_3181wt_1139
  11. creilly81

FN2 Civic Type R Clutch noise

Hi guys, There have been various reports on the forums about the FN2 Type R clutch groaning from cold. Mine has done this for about 9 months and I'm waiting for the fix from Honda. However, now when the car is warm after a relatively short journey, it makes a whining noise with low down...
  12. creilly81

FN2 Driver's seat - pulled thread

Hi, A zip on the back of from my combats caught the seat yesterday and pulled a thread about 2" long out in the red fabric. My other half who is quite handy at sewing managed the thread it back in, however there appears to be what looks like a dent about 1.5" out from the left hand side of...
  13. creilly81

FN2 Type R 2 year 25k Service

Just had the 2nd year service done. Car have covered 23k. Was amazed to be charged £380 inclusive for what appeared like a first service according to the invoice. Pollen Filter was changed, and oil and oil filter, but that appears to be it for sundry items. The rest are screenwash additives...
  14. creilly81

Loud click - FN2 Type R

My type R has recently developed this annoying click. Normal day to day driving it appears fine, but when you turn the steering wheel hard right between nearly at full lock and ful lock itself and either reverse or drive forwards as you would to park, there is a loud click. It's difficult to...
  15. creilly81

FN2 FN2 - Small 2" Crease in Passenger Side Rear Quarter Panel

Guys, Cleaned an polished the car today. 1st chance i've had in about a month with work and the crap weather! :roll: Anyhow, cleaned it all off and noticed a small scuff, like a tyre rub mark on the passenger side rear quarter panel. I used a fine T-Cut to remove the rub mark but it...
  16. creilly81

FN2 K&N Apollo - Opinions Please

Hi, I'm looking into purchasing this K&N enclosed air filter but before i do i need others opinions. Firstly has anyone actually bought one for their FN2 Type R..........and was it as easy as it states to fit? Secondly, do you have to re-chip/tune the ECU to reflect the changes in...
  17. creilly81

Clutch Pedal Click

Hi guys, I've noticed my clutch pedal makes a click noise when you depress it, but not when it's released. Any idea's?
  18. creilly81

HKS Replacement Panel Filter

I'm looking into getting a new replacement filter, and having read some reviews about the HKS one, think i will opt for that. Is the general feeling that these units improve throttle response and make the engine smoother throughout the rev range? I assume too, as it's only a minor mod, a...
  19. creilly81

My Milano 2008 Civic Type R GT

My baby with the newly fitted front and rear optional skirts......... ........completed by yours truely! :lol:
  20. creilly81

FN2 Optional Front and Rear Skirts

Guys, The optional Front and rear skirts (black) that are available for the FN2 Type R, anyone know how much they are supplied and fitted? I know it will probably vary with dealer to dealer but i'm looking for a guide.
  21. creilly81

FN2 Stone chips

I honestly love my FN2 GT, but lord on earth does the paintwork chip bloody easily! :eek: Motorways are the worst obviously. It's only 5 months old too which for me drives me insane. I know you can't keep the car "new" forever, but the feeling that you don't need to check the paint after...
  22. creilly81

Clean........... 6 hours later!

Cleaned the CTR at the weekend. Got a full body wash and separate wax treatment. The wheels are subject to a 2 hour clean, polish and wax thanks to Turtle!!!
  23. creilly81

Dodo Juice Banana Armour

Guys, Was thinking about this for my Milano CTR. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-banana-armour/prod_403.html Anyone used it on their car yet?
  24. creilly81

FN2 Water............leak

I park the Type R on a slope in work, with the front facing downhill. I Noticed today after leaving it for 10 mins, switched off, a trickle of water that seemed to be coming from underneath pretty much in the centre. I haven't dropped the underneath casing down yet to see, but it appears to...
  25. creilly81

FN2 25000 Mile Service

Now i know i'm nowwhere near yet, however on another forum i read someone had said as part of their 2nd Year 25000 mile service on the Type R, the engine timing has to be adjusted which meant taking the engine apart. Is this correct? If so surely it's not needed is it?
  26. creilly81

FN2 Dash Rattle

An annoying vibrating rattle has been present for the past few weeks from the dash area behind the steering wheel. It's only really most noticeable when stone cold in this weather and when i first drive off. Once warm inside it's not so bad. I only really get it on roughish or uneven roads...
  27. creilly81

FN2 Rear Fog Light

With the recent foggy weather down here has meant the need to use both front and rear Fog Lights. I've noticed annoyingly however that the FN2 Type R only has 1 rear fog light. Is it possible at very little expense to convert it so that you can have 2 instead?
  28. creilly81

FN2 Oil - Over full

As you know i picked up my brand new GT up a week ago. I've just checked the oil and the mark appears to be past the top dot and sitting at the top where the dipstick twists. Do need to get the dealer to drain some out or would you think it will be ok? I haven't added any, so it must have...
  29. creilly81

FN2 ABS and VSA Error Message

Covered almost 300 miles in the new GT now. However returned to my car after work today, fired her up as usual and pulled away as usual. The ABS light then came on in conjuction with the VSA light with the message check system in orange on the multi function computer display. It also had 2...
  30. creilly81

FN2 Chain Driven?

Pick my new Type R GT up tomorrow and forgot to ask, are the engines chain driven or do they have cambelts?
Back