• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Hoydonk

Rain X - Anti Fog

Considering we are starting to get cold weather the CTR is fogging up again:mad: So after looking in halfords last week I noticed Before I make a purchase has anyone used this:confused: and is it any good:confused: Thanks
  2. Hoydonk

FN2 FN2 Fog Lamps

Just wondering if the fog lamps for a FN2 are the same for all models (e.g. base, sport, type r) Also is the wiring already there? and anyone know anywhere cheap to get them besides the stealers?:confused: Thanks
  3. Hoydonk

My Pre-facelift NHB

Well after over 5 years of ownership and using the forums for about the same amount of time thought it best to post in here. So started the day with a wash, clay bar, step 1 of 3 stage Megs wax, PB Blackhole and Dodo purple haze (which was a sample size and looked small but seemed to manage...
  4. Hoydonk

AEM V2 & J's Racing Strut Brace

Well I've managed to fit the aforementioned parts onto my EP3 but think I'm getting a knocking from the two :( Its mainly when the engine rocks from the torque, eg pulling off in second. Anyway is anyone else running this setup and not having these issues:confused:
  5. Hoydonk

K20/K24 Engine

So when I was looking at replacing my chain tensioner a while back came across a few references to a K20 head on a K24 block. http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=48 This seems to be a common mod in the USA and I was wondering if anyone has attempted this in the UK? I've searched for...
  6. Hoydonk

Alpine IDA X 305 Purchased

Just purchased the aforementioned and wonder if someone can help with the following? It mentions USB connection but do I need a special cable as in the specifications? Bluetooth Ready (requires KCE-400BT) IMPRINT Ready (requires PXA-H100) AUX-IN (requires KCE-237B) Also where are people...
  7. Hoydonk

Wheel Wax

I've just had my alloys refurbed and need to seal them with some sort of wax to prevent brake dust build-up. Anyone got any products they've used, I've tried a search but they seem to be regarding cleaners not waxes.
  8. Hoydonk

Wolfrace Pro-lite

Just seen these on Ebay and I know they are a chep rip off of Rays CE28n's but anyone got any experience with them? Esp as you can 4 for the price of 1 Rays :eek:
  9. Hoydonk

JRSC with no LSD

Would a CTR be driveable (would you be able to use the power) if fitted with a JRSC and no LSD?
  10. Hoydonk

New Window Screen

Well after a stone chip which happen last Thursday, a crack grew over night (prob the heat) until Firday morning when it was about 9 inches. :mad: Anyway rang the insurance and booked it in for Tuesday with Autoglass for £60 excess:evil:. So was wondering if anyone's had there screen...
  11. Hoydonk

Kpro & engine light

After having a kpro for some time but not really connecting a PC to it, I was wondering if the kpro does identify problems. My engine light has come on :( and i'm still awaiting my JR tensioner so cannot sort the timing chain out yet. Hopefully the light will go out once the timing is fixed...
  12. Hoydonk

Time to say goodbye

Well after approx 5 years of ownership and enjoying every minute of it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: it looks like I'm going to sell up (well probably to breakers). After recently taking the car for a 50k service it seems I've jumped teeth on the drivechain and therefore requires approx £1k...
  13. Hoydonk

Where's this from?

Any ideas where this cap if from a EP3 :confused:
  14. Hoydonk

Dodo Juice

Where's the best place to buy this from? I'm after the purple haze stuff to hopefully restore the shine on my NHB
  15. Hoydonk

Dash LED's Flashing

Recently I've noticed there are two flashing led's on my EP3 CTR dash (one by the radio, another by the clocks) & can't remember if this normal espically as its all of the night. :confused: The only other thing I can think it is that i'm using my spare set of keys :( as I lost my main set...
  16. Hoydonk

Brake Piston Seized

After attempting to install my new brakes and pads I think the front near side caliper is seized :evil: Has anyone had any issues like this or know an easy cure?
  17. Hoydonk

Rays Time Attack

Has anyone seen these Rays Time Attack alloys in Gold on a CTR ? Seen a few black ones & I know Turbo-Manda has them in white but wondered what they would look like.
  18. Hoydonk

Driveshaft/ABS

After having a bit of a crash a while ago I managed to damage the ABS toothed ring on the driveshaft. So on certain occasions when I brake the ABS kicks in. Is this ABS ring replaceable or will it be a complete driveshaft?
  19. Hoydonk

Bodyshops

Well considering I'm gettin rust on one rear arch and the other has a key mark down the other side I'm going to get the car basically sprayed. Therefore I'm after a bodyshop (pref in the stoke area) who do a good job and will not use my CTR for the chippy run/joy riding
  20. Hoydonk

Teins & Koni's Dampers

Just got these off Ebay for £140..... / Anyway, do you think I can fit myself? is it a easy job? Also should I be looking at a fast road setup? Thanks Steve
  21. Hoydonk

Age & Insurance

Insurance is due & I've not hit the 30's barrier so was expecting a low price.... But £700 with TESCO for fully comp with 6 points (3 speeding, 3 red light), 30 years old, more than 7 years NCB. So any recommendations? tried morethan, direct line, confused and got it down to about £400
  22. Hoydonk

Engine Management Light

Is there a way to find out the fault code without going to the stealers & paying 40+tax? Had a calibra (I know:confused: ) but you could wire the relay to give a flash light to indicate the problem. If not can people give an idea of what it might be, my first thoughts were the O2 sensor so I...
  23. Hoydonk

Magnex & ABP cen pipe & De-cat

Is anyone running a Magnex exhaust with ABP centre pipe (without centre box) and a decat pipe? If so can some give an indication on how load it will be...... Or is anyone willing to swap the centre boxless section for a boxed one? Thanks Steve
  24. Hoydonk

Rear Pads

Well just wanted to say that I fitted rear pads last night which I thought would be a quick half hour job....... How wrong was I :mad: :mad:
  25. Hoydonk

Car's been keyed :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

As subject says from the door to the rear tail light on drivers side..... I gonna kill someone or at least break there legs. Seems equal to me. Happen on our estate also did my ladys sons & two others but they are spaced out so def someone with grudge. Plus our estate is miles from any...
  26. Hoydonk

Civic type r search :shock:

Just done a search on google to find this site as my machine had gone down & found this :shock: Looks way to big at rear for my liking..............
  27. Hoydonk

Insurance with points

OK anyone know any good insurance firms for people with points? I only got mine last year 3 for speedin :evil: & 3 for red light :roll: Coming back 2 UK for a couple of weeks so need CTR back on road & also tryin 2 get it sold :( :( :(
  28. Hoydonk

Another crashed CTR

Well my mates just had a accident & written off his CTR. :cry: Think it was the back end oversteer & lost it on a roundabout. Shame as it was in better condition than mine. For all you who know Stoke it was on Reg. Mitchell way (hence spitfire in background) The roundabouts are always...
  29. Hoydonk

3 & 6 Points

Well rang my insurance at weekend & had declare the 3 points I have for renewal :( Gone up by £50 which was ok :? But asked about what if (as I have another 3 pending) said it would go up by another £200 :evil: :evil: :evil: Also seems that going through red lights is worst...
  30. Hoydonk

Bridgestone's in stoke

Anyone know of a decent place to go :?: I did a search on both forums but only got an answer for 1 in Stafford :shock: .
  31. Hoydonk

New Civic Si

Well searching for new motor in the states came across this :? After the prototypes & rendered images I was expecting more :evil: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-LIMITED-EDITION-VTEC-LIKE-S2000_W0QQitemZ4580848636QQcategoryZ6256QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  32. Hoydonk

Red Stuff Pads

Anyone use them? are they better/worse than green stuff :?: Gotta change front pads after a year :shock:
  33. Hoydonk

Rear Bumper

Well had crash in CTR & 1 of the mounts is broke :evil: Just wonder if anyone knows if it can be fixed? or am I gonna have to buy new bumper :? Thanks Steve
Back