• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gareth-FN2

First Claybar Today

Evening TRO So I have been meaning to claybar the Alfa for some time now and as we were blessed with another fine day on the southcoast I got to work this morning. First I pressure washed, then washed car with the 2 bucket wash method, dryed with my new dodo juice fluffy drying towel, then...
  2. Gareth-FN2

Gareth-FN2's Erm... Alfa Romeo

Afternoon TRO, So after a tough decision it was finally time to call it a day on my Type R ownership, I have enjoyed owning a EP3 and FN2 but it was time to move on to something else. Now I know these are not to everybodys liking but I have loved the styling ever since I first saw them. I am...
  3. Gareth-FN2

FN2 What Honda Said About My Clutch

So we are all aware of the clutch problem on the FN2, and I am one of those who has this problem, as much as I have tried to ignore the noise I have got to the point where I can take no more! So I thought I'd share my little experience with my local Honda Garage. This morning the car was...
  4. Gareth-FN2

FN2 Jumpy Fn2

Hello, Just a quick one, really not enjoying driving my FN2 at the min, when driving from cold it is so so jumpy, just the smallest of movements on the accelerator pedal causes the car to almost kangaroo, it doesnt help that every road around where i live has speed bumps so im constantly on and...
  5. Gareth-FN2

FN2 Squeeking Issue

Hello, When driving earlier this afternoon I had the windows down and noitced a very loud and high pitched squeek coming from what sounded like the passenger side, over 40mph it goes but if I turn to the left the squeek starts again, and below 40mph whilst turning it gets even louder, Please...
  6. Gareth-FN2

Meguiars Quik Wax

Hello!! As per title has anybody tried this??? Any good? Views please... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax/prod_556.html Cheers
  7. Gareth-FN2

Type R Number 2

Hello! So after just over two years of happy ownership of my Ep3 I wanted something a little newer and something with a few toys on, so after some test drives and searching around I found this and picked her up on saturday.. No real mods planned as of yet, just...
  8. Gareth-FN2

WTF!!!!!

Just looking on Top Gear site and came across this.... http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/topgear/cars_advert?id=201112382529258
  9. Gareth-FN2

ITG Drop In Filter

Hello!! Had quick look with search button not returning any posts so I'll ask, As per title just been looking on Camskill at ITG Drop in Pro-filter's, has anybody used these and are they any good?? http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m35b0s3449p28606 Reason I ask is I have just...
  10. Gareth-FN2

Where's This Come From Then?????

Morning all, Just a quick one, Was under the bonnet yesterday doing some work and noticed this bracket just sat next to the battery, not attached to anything, so now im thinking should it be holding something in place or is it nothing to worry about???? Cheers for your help pic below..
  11. Gareth-FN2

HELP Please!!!

Hello all, Well where do I start, After cleaning the car the other day I have noticed a couple of patches of rust starting to bubble under the paint on the wheel arch. To cut a long story short I took it to a garage this morning (friend of a friend of a friend and so on) for a quote, the...
  12. Gareth-FN2

Installing A/C

Evening TRO members, So, When first looking for an EP3 I said I would not buy one without A/C, but as with many of my car choices I let my heart do the talking and make the choice and was impaitent, therefore buying my current Ep3 that does not have A/c. So my question to you is can anybody...
  13. Gareth-FN2

Some Cleaning Tips Please

Afternoon all, Just need some help please peeps with a couple of cleaning issuses I have, I've used the 'search' button but not getting any answers so thought I'd ask. First problem, My girlfriends Mini, front fog lamps starting to rust around base (see pics below) Can this problem be...
  14. Gareth-FN2

Name Change Please

Hello chaps is it possible to change my user name to Gareth-EP3 please. Thank you.
  15. Gareth-FN2

Strange black dirt above exhaust

As per title, after going out this evening, walking back to my car I noticed what looked like black dust or dirt above the exhaust on the bumper (and only in this area) Just wanted to ask some advice as to what it is, wether this is someting I should worry about or if anyone else has...
  16. Gareth-FN2

MOT Advisory

Morning all, Took the Ep3 to my local Honda garage yesterday for my MOT, She passed but i was issued with an advisory for some work. They have informed me that the offside ball joint has some play in it and will need to be replaced at some point, They quoted me approx £130 for parts and...
  17. Gareth-FN2

Gareth's Satin Ep3 **Lots Of New Pics Pg3**

Hello all, Been on here for a while now and i've not really put any pics of my EP3 on here so i thought after a 3 hour cleaning session this morning i'd go for a spin and take some pics. As you can see from my pictures I have started to mod my CTR, next im looking to get a wheel refurb on all 4...
  18. Gareth-FN2

Thruxton Track Day

Hello Chaps just thought i'd share this with you, Went for my track day today at Truxton. Very enjoyable day even though we had some heavy downpours, I drove a Porsche Cayman followed by a Ferrari 355 then a Formula Renualt and then to finish the day went for a fast lap (spent mostly...
  19. Gareth-FN2

Standard Air Box

Hello chaps, I need some help please. I've had a look for ages for this topic but cant seem to find anything, does anybody know if there is a guide on here on how to remove the standard airbox (with possible photo's) please?? Cheers
  20. Gareth-FN2

Leaking Doors??

Helllo chaps, I have run a little search on this topic and cant find anything so thought i'd put a post up for it. Basically when opening my drivers door this morning (after a night of rain) i was greeted with a puddle of water sat in the bottom of the door frame, have i got a leak somewhere...
  21. Gareth-FN2

Bugs!!!

I have a rather large collection of various dead and splattered bugs and flys on the front of my car. I've tried to get them off using my pressure washer and scrubbing but they wont shift, can anyone reccomend a good bug removal cleaner?? Ta Very Much!! :smt098
  22. Gareth-FN2

Flaking Alloys

Hello, I need some help, I've had my CTR since feb and have dark grey alloy wheels, but on the last couple of washes i have noticed (on some more than others) that my alloys are starting to flake, can anyone suggest a good place to get them refurbed?? I live in portsmouth but dont mind...
Back