• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. JawsEK9

Cleaning Products / Detailing Thread!

Some good choices of product. I would try meguiars hyper wash for shampoo as you can buy it in 5L quantities cheaply and use very little at a time. It's a super product with great suds. As for tyre gel I have been using the meguiars super endurance gel as it gives a lovely wet look but it...
  2. JawsEK9

Lime Prime is good and agree with you on the Endurance gel going up your doors! Have just purchased a DAS-6 Pro so looking forward to getting back into machine polishing! Hopefully here sometime this week and I can crack on.
  3. JawsEK9

Just cleaned my JDM Recaro's and they came out AWESOME! Have a look for Autobrite Alcantara and Suede Cleaner. It's about £10-15. Then just a soft brush or something like Viking Upholstery brush works well. Spray generously onto the seat then rub in using the brush in circles and lines making...
  4. JawsEK9

That sounds like my worst nightmare :evil: #OCD
  5. JawsEK9

Didn't see any similar topics so figured I'd open one up. What products do you use on your car? I'll start off, I've got a rather mixed bag of items that I've tried and tested and always been happy with. In wash order: PreWash - ValetPro Snow Foam / AutoBrite Magifoam (Just ordered) Shampoo...
  6. JawsEK9

MER Auto Shine - Actually used it this time

Not sure on the product but if it's in halfords I'd expect fancy packaging and average product. Been impressed with Autobrite products lately. Meguiars is always reliable though.
  7. JawsEK9

JDM EP3 Vtec Kick

I'm sure it will be, as long as your oil is ok they're pretty bombproof. As for changing at high revs, no problem this end. Possibly your clutch is on the way out or gearbox oil needs changing.
  8. JawsEK9

JDM EP3 Vtec Kick

My JDM isn't too noticeable. Sometimes I have to take it to VTEC just to convince myself it's still working haha. You can really feel them pull though. As most people have said the changeover isn't all that obvious. My EK9 used to scream with the Spoon elbow installed, this is a little sedate in...
  9. JawsEK9

EP3 Lower seat rail swap for oem

It will fit but what am I supposed to do when I sell the car then :rolleyes: I'm waiting on a Bride rail from Japan so still not swapped mine out anyway!
  10. JawsEK9

Haha you lot are all short arses :lol: I've just ordered a lower seat rail because the standard ones are too high, I'd love to have your problems! On the flip side, I saw some standard recaro rails on ebay the other day. £180 for the pair though...
  11. JawsEK9

My '02 JDM EP3 - Champ White - Jaws

Cheers guys, should be going in to the bodyshop this week for a freshen up on the front end, then a full service followed by some much needed photo's! On the plus side today I thought I'd attack the seats using my Autobrite Alcantara cleaner and Viking interior brush. WOW! What a difference...
  12. JawsEK9

Quaife LSD

Not driven a UK EP3 but my JDM turn in and handling is awesome. It gives you so much confidence. Definitely worth it imo.
  13. JawsEK9

Apologies – Another Oil Question

Just bought some Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 for £23. This seems to be the most recommended grade for the EP3. It's very reasonable on CarParts4Less and discount codes are easily found. HTH!
  14. JawsEK9

So rather than update the original post I thought I'd add my progress so far on the car. Unfortunately the car didn't come with a stereo, as usual with imports. Driving 40 miles to work and back I needed something to keep me sane, even if the sound of the car does put a huge smile on my face...
  15. JawsEK9

Hi All, Well I gave a quick into in the newbies section a while back but have since picked up my JDM EP3 and coming up to my first full month of ownership. As you may have realise (JawsEK9) I have had a few JDM Honda's before include a '98 EK9 and '04 FL DC5. Both superb cars and part of the...
  16. JawsEK9

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Looking good! Where did you buy all your service items from? Any deals? Also, as for service history you will have various stickers dotted around the car. I can see one on the dash when your drivers door is open. These might give you some idea. Mine has a fair few plus books which helps. Mine...
  17. JawsEK9

Kph to Mph and Hazzard

Check your hazard light switch. I was doing my radio yesterday and forgot a part, turns out the indictors don't work without the hazard button connected. Might be worth a check!
  18. JawsEK9

Mike's Championship White Civic FD2 Type R

Looking good! Nice spot for the pics too!
  19. JawsEK9

My FD2 2008

Lovely car, nearly bought this one myself!
  20. JawsEK9

I'm sure someone must have a spare rail available to help us both out!
  21. JawsEK9

Newbie Headunit Questions - Power!

All working! Turn's out I am a complete noob and forgot to connect a couple of the wires on the harness. I thought it was literally plug one plug into the other. Happy days!
  22. JawsEK9

Sadly I'm not in the area but if you can find a replacement rail to buy I will happily buy your low rail or the replacement rail for you. Let me know if this is an easier option!
  23. JawsEK9

I did check them over but nothing seemed loose. If I took my voltmeter home would this give me an idea?
  24. JawsEK9

Hi All, Having recently got my new EP3 without a headunit installed (the guy kept his old one in Japan I guess) I have purchased an Alpine single din unit as well as the wiring adaptors and fascia adaptor. I thought it would be a simple plug and play however the unit still doesn't seem to turn...
  25. JawsEK9

Car Care Accessories / Equipment

Ok, I sadly don't have much time on my hands tonight but I will put together a list of products to get your started tomorrow if it helps? I wouldn't buy the Autoglym kit personally, I think it is a lot of money for some of the stuff you are unlikely to use. The only Autoglym product I now use...
  26. JawsEK9

Premier Edition Recaro Seat cleaning.

I have just ordered some Autobrite alcantara cleaner and a Vikan interior brush. The cleaner is designed to clean without saturating or requiring and deep scrubbing so fingers crossed. I will let you know!
  27. JawsEK9

Car Care Accessories / Equipment

What mitt would you use to wash your car? I use the DODO Juice Wookie Mitt. It's really thick and plush so great for removing dirt without scratching! Using Meguiars Hyperwash gives great suds and finish. What towel would you use to dry your car? Any large microfibre of 1m+ just fold it and...
  28. JawsEK9

Climair Wind deflectors.

I've ordered these for my JDM EP3 however contemplating waiting for some JDM Spec deflectors come up. If anyone's interested in some dark smokes they should be with me in a few days. I can't make my mind up!
  29. JawsEK9

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

I'm desperate to find a lower seat rail so I'd be willing to swap. I have a pre facelift with red recaro's. I presume they would fit the same?
  30. JawsEK9

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Nice! Saw this one up for sale and was tempted myself. Seemed like a fair price. Enjoy the motor!
  31. JawsEK9

Climair Wind deflectors.

Just ordered my dark tints thanks to the code on here! Quoted 2-3 Weeks for delivery so looking forward to them!
Back