• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

So after unexpectedly picking up a J's C pillar with gate bars at Japfest, I decided to fit them last weekend.

Just need a monkey to leave in the boot now

Thought I'd share a photo I took of your car @ japfest.

15BFFE7B-851E-459A-8CDA-D824537FAB59-342-000000476E91007C_zps941ddce6.jpg

The braces look awesome.

However I can't help thinking they would look better as a X brace

So is it staying braced up Justin or are you going with a full cage someday? I noticed the VTec challenge car on our stand at Japfest, his cage was a work of art.

So is it staying braced up Justin or are you going with a full cage someday? I noticed the VTec challenge car on our stand at Japfest, his cage was a work of art.

I like the interior too much to put a cage in it for now. I expect it to happen at some point though. I need to get back on track first as it's been far too long. I'm still waiting for my Recaro SPG to be re-trimmed so it can go in for a magazine shoot. Then I'll finally be free to let the car loose where she belongs.

The braces look awesome.

However I can't help thinking they would look better as a X brace
I partially agree Ed. Reason is you can put another c pillar bar (with the right ends) diagonally from one side of the existing c pillar bar to the other end if the gate bar. To me that setup looks the dog's danglies. I've been contemplating doing this but it's not very boot usage user friendly

I partially agree Ed. Reason is you can put another c pillar bar (with the right ends) diagonally from one side of the existing c pillar bar to the other end if the gate bar. To me that setup looks the dog's danglies. I've been contemplating doing this but it's not very boot usage user friendly

That would look pretty incredible

So on Friday, I popped down to TGM to complete the final piece of my plan I instigated 3 years ago.
As some of you will know, this was my Recaro SPG race shell along with my special order white Willans harness, which should be interesting to try and keep clean.

In addition I was supposed to run solid Recaro side mounts with lightweight Recaro adjustable rails however these are not compatible despite Capital Seating advertising as such.. And so I made do with Buddyclub rails and mounts.

Given that there is a greater chance of wear and tear on the side of the seat when getting in and from when I want to use the seatbelt, you may notice that I have added an ASM Recaro side protector as well.

DSC03856f.jpg

DSC03863f.jpg

DSC03857f.jpg

DSC03866f.jpg

DSC03871f.jpg

The seat is just how I remember it when I tried it out at Autosport International many years ago, snug and very comfy, yet because the sides are not super high, I can run a seatbelt very easily on the road.
First impressions is that I love it as you feel a lot more at one with the car especially with the harness and shoulder grips (those black edges on the wings), although I must admit that with the lower seating position (and thus less visibility) it is initially a bit daunting on the road. And of course I look like a kid who has stolen his dad's car as you can only see my head out of the side window.

This just keeps on getting better and better.

Are you going to leave the passenger seat stock?

Just the one?! :lol:

Very sexy seat I must admit; yet you may as well strip everything out of the back now that you have a harness... ;)

Thanks guys, yes I'm keeping the passenger seat stock Ed as it's more accommodating and gives me easy access to the back seat if I need to put stuff there. If I decide to shed a bit of weight on track I'll just take it out.
The interior is staying put Karl as I like it and it gives a completed look. If I ran two fixed buckets with harnesses then I would definitely reconsider :)

Cheers.

Looking forward to getting back on track with you guys Lottie :)

It's taken 3 years to get all the parts (for the whole car) from various suppliers (mostly the J's parts from Sumo Power), coinciding with some compatibility issues and timing to to put it all together. But it's finally done now.

Back