• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

David McMaster's Civic

[video=vimeo;24894932]http://vimeo.com/24894932[/video]

civic-1.jpg

civic-2.jpg

civic-3.jpg

civic-4.jpg

civic-5.jpg

civic-6.jpg

civic-7.jpg

civic-8.jpg

civic-9.jpg

civic-10.jpg

civic-11.jpg

civic-12.jpg

civic-13.jpg

civic-14.jpg

civic-15.jpg

civic-16.jpg

civic-17.jpg

civic-18.jpg

civic-19.jpg

civic-22.jpg

civic-23.jpg

civic-24.jpg

civic-25.jpg

civic-26.jpg

civic-27.jpg

civic-28.jpg

civic-29.jpg

Wheels look too small IMO and it looks so low is must handle like a shopping trolley. Other than that it's looking good

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that apart from the tow hook and all the junk hanging in the car.

OP, who is David McMaster?

Nice motor - clean, nice pics, like the non-red-H.

Donkey Teddy is the best thing I've ever seen on this forum

Lowering has made the wheels look too small but the design of them makes the brakes look tiny, or that might just be because they are EP2 brakes. I don't like the tow flap thing at the front, and what is it about some young lads loading their cars with crap on the inside? Why do you need fuzzy dice, a Hawaiian flower garland and a Mexican 5 piece Mariachi band hanging from the rear view?

Some of the stuff on the car I like, such as the seats and the Mugen-look spoiler, but a lot of it looks very "Mcdonalds on a Friday night", no matter how much you wax your car and touch the photos up!

I also love in the article how it is first referred to as an EP2, but in the next paragraph an EP3, as if that glaringly obvious typo was overlooked, and not just left in there to try and trick you into thinking it's the real deal.

This "track look" they refer to annoys me as well, and reminds me of tagline on the cover of one of the last Max Powers or Fast Cars, which said "Grid look Clio - stripped, stanced and ready to dance!", which is as chav and tacky as it gets, but what really annoys me is the complete style over substance approach these people take. Take a boggo clio, spend loads of money respraying it white with orange highlights, strip the interior, lower it down to the ground and say it's "track look", which is nothing like "track ready". Lowered for visual appeal, not cornering prowess, no work done to the engine, stripped interior for the sake of showing off, not saving weight etc. I don't mind visual mods - as long as they are backed up by some performance!

I used to have a 1.3L Fiesta Flight. I resisted the urge to spend any money on trying to make a 50bhp car look or sound fast and used the money I'd saved to buy a 270bhp Cupra R. I used to pass a Fiesta that left the factory identical to mine on the bus on the way to uni, a Y Reg 1.3L Flight in "emerald green" or whatever they called it, except that owner had spend (probably) thousands on a custom double motor-bike exhaust thing (that is was very popular with the Max power crowd in about 2001), a massive body kit that has been colour-matched to the emerald body work and a huge sound system in the back. However, having seen it on the road, from the way it accelerates it is almost certainly still the same crap 50bhp, 50-year old Kent Endura engine under the bonnet. If I have offended anyone I apologise, but I just don't see the point in dumping huge sums of cash into a naff car to start with and then trying to tart it up to look like something it is not - it's no different to older blokes sticking AMG badges on their base-spec diesel Mercs to show off in the work car park!

^ it all comes down to what you can justify spending on your car and what you want to do with your car.

Back