• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I thought they would, my dealer said on the phone yesterday they'll need 2 days to PDI it & to check that the carbon was fitted correctly, i thought to myself that surely they would be fitting any extras. So I'll make sure I get any parts that came off it back :)

New Civic Type R

I believe they will be dealer fitted.

Not sure I'd be keen on the idea of dealers fittings parts to my car! Would rather it done at the factory by experts. Is it an easy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the carbon fibre steering wheel insert on the Fn2 was double sided tape & fitted by myself.
Cox Honda are already selling these fk2 optionals on their site so at a guess I'd say it's double sided again (except the spoiler)

I might be getting one. As I work for the NHS, there is a scheme where you can lease a car and all the costs are included i.e Insurance, Tax, MOT, Servicing. It works out to about £580 a month. You don't have to pay a deposit.

It is a 3 year lease. The money is deducted from my monthly salary.

Probably going to wait a few months to see if there are any issues with the car. If not I think I will get one.

What are people's thoughts on this? Does it sound like a good idea?

I can see the headlines now.

"Taxpayers footing NHS boy racers."

:D

Joking. A friend of mine has a 2015 Octavia vRS on lease as his company car. It costs him more on his benefit in kind but **** it, the option was there so why be boring?

Lol I was going to say that too.

You will not get MOT on a new car for 4 years now. But the rest is a cost saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a brilliant deal. They are around £300 p/m anyway and that is with a few grand put down as a deposit.

Was going PCP but once the figures were in front of me I decided to go loan & own it outright, you need more than 10% deposit to get 300 odd quid a mth.
Mine was around12.5k deposit followed by 327 a mth & a final payment of 14,696, total just under 39k at 3yrs, walkaway & I've wasted over 24k on something that wasn't mine

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for an online copy of the Evo group test, and not succeeded, I might have to buy a copy.

However I did find this thread: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1142077

Surprising, for £33k I would want the best... I'll not post their result and you'll have to follow the link if you want see.

Ring times aside, I guess it is more about how the car is to live with on a day to day basis.

Like I said, I might have to go and buy a copy.

That's surprising. Maybe their focus on making it the best around the ring has compromised its on road experience.

Slightly off topic, the front of the Civic looks amazing compared to all the others on that magazine cover.

I have to agree. The new CTR looks good. A Series 1 BMW Motorsport version lol. Prefer the M3.

End of the day I wouldn't touch a French car. The golf looks boring. Cupra sports looked better back in the day. But each magazine has a different opinion I guess.

I've been looking for an online copy of the Evo group test, and not succeeded, I might have to buy a copy.

However I did find this thread: http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1142077

Surprising, for £33k I would want the best... I'll not post their result and you'll have to follow the link if you want see.

Ring times aside, I guess it is more about how the car is to live with on a day to day basis.

Like I said, I might have to go and buy a copy.

The thing is with the majority of the Evo writers/reviewers is that most of them have a massive soft spot for French hot hatches.

I used to be anti-French cars. But I've been in a Megane RS and it's a fantastic car, my mates one has not had any issues whatsoever, the way it grips is astounding tbh. The cabin feels pretty good too and the seats are lovely.

That being said, it's probably the only French car I would own lol.

Back