• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I was distinctly unimpressed with the RS Megane I drove.

I wrote them all off based on the throttle snap being so savage on lift off it was a pain to drive in town or in traffic. The leather seats in that one were fine but the MK2 and MK3 Focus seats were better. The pull handle to get in the rear came off in my hand in the Megane. The buttons on the dash and SWCs seemed tired and worn, i.e. took a good push or 2nd push for them to work. This one was on 40k, so not all that leggy.

It went and gripped fine though and rode the bumps well, just not what I was used to or after in terms of, "That special feeling." I certainly didn't get what Evo said of a sense that after 100 yards you could feel the depth of engineering involved in it. That is a complete load of Baldricks IMHO.

Yeah but then you sold the Focus after you had numerous issues with it, so obviously swings and roundabouts......or you're just a jinx :lol:

Have never driven the Megane RS. I should go test drive it. Still waiting for the Type-R test drive

To be fair Loxy I think Eva Green's Biological engineering qualities are on a different level. :D

I didn't realise BMW were doing an M1 lol Slaps himself.

In fact you can keep the Megane RS. This will be my daily runner below and keep the type r for weekends lol.

I would seriously get myself a Jazz Si and do it up like this lol. :D

Yeah but then you sold the Focus after you had numerous issues with it, so obviously swings and roundabouts......or you're just a jinx :lol:

The Focus didn't have obvious faults during the test drive and drove better. The Focus is a belting drive as a daily.

I bought the Focus hoping they were past their reputation for poor reliability (not quite as bad as Renault's mind you), however that evidently wasn't the case.

Popped into WH Smiths.

All four reviewers put the Megane first.

Civic was 3rd by two and 4th by two.

Everyone put the BMW 5th.

General consensus was the Civic just wasn't as fun to drive.

+R button supposedly makes it horrible on anything but a smooth track.

Someone will no doubt scan it and post it soon enough.

Ahh well I am sure that they said the +R is for the track anyway. Hence two cars in one. Lol

But UK roads are in a bad state. Roads up here are. Car mag had the Type R number 1. Then the Megane RS second and they tested them n Wales lol

Anyone using a Megane RS daily will get fed up on shitty roads alot quicker than someone using the TypeR on shitty roads as a daily.

Based on what?

Any RS Megane I've been in handles terribly on bad roads and the suspension is crashy and not very forgiving. Reviews of the TypeR only read back as that's only when the R button is pressed. The reviews seem to be very performance based which is right in a way as they're all hot hatches but 4 doors and a somewhat comfy will suit family life and daily driving better than the others.

That's the Megane's trump card in that it is amazingly well damped. You are talking about the same generation?

Megane275Trophy_06-L.jpg

Indeed Chris, the new(er) Megane is a very different car.

And well the group test, is based on the one you can buy now.

IMG_0064_zpsez28a44a.jpg

New Civic Type R

Bollox. I can't believe they marked the golf over the Ctr. Boring. There's a decent review of a guy testing the Ctr in Wales in auto express or what car I can't remember. And he said it was excellent. I have a Clio cup and I will say to begin with I wasn't hugely impressed. It takes a while to appreciate how good they are. Build wise though it ain't no Honda. Mine is already creaking and ratling. Roads are bloody awful in the UK now though which clearly doesn't help. Joke. Should be able to sue the council for ruining your vehicle.

That aside. I am disappointed for Honda. Really feel gutted for them for some reason. Evo's opinion has weight to it on the motoring world unfortunately. I will read the review myself I think! And they rated the bm last whereas everyone else raves about it. Not sure if they've cocked up here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back