• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Interior carbon pack courtesy of Alyn James on Twitter.

IMG_20150722_205125.jpg

Carbon rear spoiler on a CW from Grantham Honda on Twitter.

IMG_20150722_204950.jpg

IMG_20150722_204947.jpg

Like the interior, really not keen on the spoiler.

I like the interior CF.

I saw a car transporter on the way into work tonight loaded with new Type Rs

Like the interior, really not keen on the spoiler.

I've never been a fan of full carbon spoilers. exposed carbon should be there to accent rather than take over. Would look much better if the sides were colour coded and the rake was carbon.

The sides are plain black, the blade is the only carbon part of the spoiler, you had 2 options with the spoiler either black or red sides, the other exterior carbon on the rear is that strip on the rear window.
I am slightly regretting ordering both of these options, some shots from different angles may help

I need to test drive one of these. The plan is to get either this or the new RS in two years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to test drive one of these. The plan is to get either this or the new RS in two years time.

The new shape (10th gen) Civic Type R will be out by then. :lol:

The RS was high on my list until my MK3 Focus ST needed lots of warranty work. Severely put me off the brand and I won't consider it now.

2012 as in this shape?

IMAG2557.jpg

I'm sure many people have trouble free ownership but in 5 months I went from loving the car to just wanting to get rid.

Illuminated sill plate blew on pick up day, which took out the electric window switches due to it grounding the circuit to earth. This was replaced on warranty.

Lacquer started peeling on the plastic trim on the tailgate. I had a good old ding dong getting this done as I was told it wouldn't normally be covered as it's trim and that warranty is 1 year on Ford's. I successfully argued that it should have been picked up on the car being prepared.

Main dealer kerbed my front o/s alloy when replacing the sill plate.

Power steering failed during driving when the car was on 14k miles. Needed a new steering rack, replaced on warranty.

Main dealer lied about it having a 4 wheel laser alignment after the new rack and after two visits about the car not being right after the work I took it to an independent at my own cost to find it was toeing in massively on the front.

Confidence in the car and dealership now at an all time low.

Final straw was the illuminated sill plate blowing again, but not taking out the electric window switches this time. Told it wouldn't be covered on warranty as it was counted as trim. Raging.

Sold the car after 5 and a bit months losing just under £3k.

It was the 4th Ford I had owned and by far the worst in terms of build quality. Cracking car to drive, which makes it even more of a shame.

Yeah is was that shape. Wow that is some bad luck you had. I was really impressed with the test drive to be honest. I was so close to going through with the purchase then backed out and got another fn2. I have heard quite a lot of bad stuff about fords build quality. I've had a few fords myself and they have mostly been pretty solid, but it looks like they have gone down hill. Same with BMW. I was considering an e46 M3 as for the money I paid for my champ white I could have got a minter, but I have a few mates who have had a lot of issues with them and my cousin had him v10 m5 engine blow resulting in an 18k warranty claim. Doesn't give much confidence in their build quality. Think I'll stick to Honda for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need I say it?

FORD = Fix or repair daily.

Your wife never washes the car? Maybe that is in the Fiesta ST handbook. Don't wash the car or the sills go boom.......

I was going to do Fast & Loud the FORD version. But the recording equipment and studio kept breaking down. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back