• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

That's the one. It's very easy to drive swiftly but doesn't really need any effort or skill. I found it a little bit lazy and detached.

I'm tempted to replace Lucy's 1.25 Zetec with one though, we're getting fed up with the lack of go because she won't thrash it, the Ecoboost midrange wallop will suit her driving much better.

The "lack of torque" has always made me laugh. In reality it's right in the ballpark for a 2.0 NA motor, it just feels flat compared to that banzai top end.

Last edited by a moderator:
10+ year old rusty tin can that needs to be rev'd over a brand new car with toys, low down usable torque and warranty. You make me laugh Dotty.

The 1.0 litre EcoBoost Fiesta is supposed to be a revelation. Much more poke than the 1.25 motor.

The 1.0 litre EcoBoost Fiesta is supposed to be a revelation. Much more poke than the 1.25 motor.

Off the lights, they're very very nippy and hilarious to drive around town. It's just open roads and dual carriageways where their lack of grunt is an issue.

They use the same engine in the Focus too.

I already have a 21 year old V8 Mercedes and a 38yo BMW to look after. I need another old car about as much as a kick in the balls. :lol:

I think they were on about the latest one. 1.6 turbo 190bhp???

They were spouting off the good old American out downs. Slow, no torque etc etc.

180BHP, but turbo overboosts in third gear or above for 15 seconds to give 197BHP. <£600 warranty friendly Mountune mod gives 215BHP in all gears. Great chassis, ridiculously fun, nice cabin, I'm sold.

180BHP, but turbo overboosts in third gear or above for 15 seconds to give 197BHP. <£600 warranty friendly Mountune mod gives 215BHP in all gears. Great chassis, ridiculously fun, nice cabin, I'm sold.

That's because you've never owned a DC5 /FD2 ;)

Although boost is addictive

I didn't say it was a better chassis than a DC5/FD2. I'm just saying a lot of people judge without trying things for themselves. I spent 7 years in a Honda, I get the attraction. Equally though; I'm 30 now and enjoy having a nice place to sit that's also fun to chuck about. I wouldn't trade my heated seats and heated front windscreen for anything at the moment.

I didn't say it was a better chassis than a DC5/FD2. I'm just saying a lot of people judge without trying things for themselves. I spent 7 years in a Honda, I get the attraction. Equally though; I'm 30 now and enjoy having a nice place to sit that's also fun to chuck about. I wouldn't trade my heated seats and heated front windscreen for anything at the moment.

The ST was a nice car but it didn't have the feel of the Type R
The seats and windscreen were nice in the winter but it was more fuel efficient to run the Evo.

Back