• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

The chaps I'm buying the Evo IX from don't rate SST. We got talking about the Golf R and they say the 'box in that makes the SST feel like it was made in the stone ages.

I did consider a X 360 manual but there are too many things that can and will go wrong with them.

That's an RS3 really oops I rest my case
they still look to grown up for if I was going to go German I'd have an bmw m2 or even 235

That's an RS3 fella, but yeah it's very tame looking compared to an Evo. Most German marques are tbh, I personally really like the RS3 (apart from the dated wheels).

And I wouldn't say you sound old, Mark. It's all moving towards cars doing everything, if you buy a VAG car with auto, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, high beam assist (lights) auto wipers, park assist, you can pretty much not put any effort into even driving the car as it'll do it all itself.

I do miss the heated windscreen & seats on the ST in winter though. Convenience in winter always wins.

There's no reasoning with personal preference. I was so angry with Honda when I saw the final FK2 and its stupid stuck on parts, but after a while it became clear that I'd still rather have a car that says something about me (probably d1ck or something stronger) than a pretty subtle alternative from Germany. Although we all know the Audi driver reputation!

I think it's fair to say the VAG group have the "car that does everything really well" bases covered and that is why they appeal to the majority, but for me personally it doesn't appeal and I always end up with an inferior car in many aspects as a result.

That's an RS3 really oops I rest my case
they still look to grown up for if I was going to go German I'd have an bmw m2 or even 235

Well it's an S3 and an RS3, same as the old Type R compared to the Sport. I'd say they looked more similar than the Audis.
235i still looks like a standard 2 series, same as the M135i and a 116d.

I do miss the heated windscreen & seats on the ST in winter though. Convenience in winter always wins.

I bought my S3 on the cusp of rain/ice/snow, and it's so much better compared to the Civic. Not saying I'm driving like a tit but the car definitely feels, dare I say, "safer" in the bad weather.

I know of a man trading in his rs3 for the fk2 .. Said it has cost him a fortune to keep on the road in the last year or so.

The rs6 would be the car for me, especially with the sound, and having an estate that performs like that would be amazing although i wouldn't like the fuel bill lol

I bought my S3 on the cusp of rain/ice/snow, and it's so much better compared to the Civic. Not saying I'm driving like a tit but the car definitely feels, dare I say, "safer" in the bad weather.

The smug sense of quattro invincibility, right up until physics decides you need to be dry-f*cked to teach you a lesson. :lol:

Saw my first FK2 today, parked up in Fitzrovia. Does look good but I still can't accept the spoiler. Front extended arches look purposeful though.

I know of a man trading in his rs3 for the fk2 .. Said it has cost him a fortune to keep on the road in the last year or so.

Oh really, people never really seem to mention the running costs of one. Obviously like the M cars I'm sure there's a huge RS tax on them. I expect the FK2 to be fairly cheap to run.

The rs6 would be the car for me, especially with the sound, and having an estate that performs like that would be amazing although i wouldn't like the fuel bill lol

The RS6 was actually quite quiet considering it's a V8 twin turbo. 75 litre tank, the guy done like 7 or 8 runs and it started asking him if he would like the car to find the nearest petrol station :lol: oddly for a massive estate you can't sit three blokes in the back comfortably.

The smug sense of quattro invincibility, right up until physics decides you need to be dry-f*cked to teach you a lesson. :lol:

I've already been caught out twice, both times going round a bend and the car thinking it can drift :lol: although once was in very cold/icy conditions so was my own fault really.

Are all the newer S3's quattro?

All S3s are quattro.

Oh really, people never really seem to mention the running costs of one. Obviously like the M cars I'm sure there's a huge RS tax on them. I expect the FK2 to be fairly cheap to run.

The fk2 will easliy achieve 40+mpg without trying hard

The RS6 was actually quite quiet considering it's a V8 twin turbo. 75 litre tank, the guy done like 7 or 8 runs and it started asking him if he would like the car to find the nearest petrol station :lol: oddly for a massive estate you can't sit three blokes in the back comfortably.

The couple ive seen flooring it must have had a different exhaust on then as they where pretty brutal lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes - he takes delivery of the FK2 next week.

The fk2 will easliy achieve 40+mpg without trying hard

That's pretty good, most S3s will get close to 40. The RS3 is a 2.5l 5 pot so I doubt you'd get close, even with 10l of fuel and a nun driving it in comfort mode.

The couple ive seen flooring it must have had a different exhaust on then as they where pretty brutal lol

Maybe the guy had the flaps shut (oo -er) when we were in it. Although it had accoustic glass and you couldn't hear shít, no road noise, no nothing, so maybe thats why. As it pulled away on the test drives it didn't sound loud, even on a cold start up it was muted. Although you felt the cracks from the exhaust through the floor when he was ragging it which was pretty cool.

Be interested to see how he compares the two.

Top Gear magazine have an FK2 on long term test. Usually have the one journalist 'owning' the car for six months. They're onto their third with the CTR. Combination of too much unwanted attention and being too harsh apparently, so they've swapped for Golf Rs or Land Rovers. One of them left the handbrake off too and mashed the front bumper as they watched it roll away.

Personally I think they need to man up.

He got it earlier

4a3088a4ed6d6cae592595ebcc28b1c1.jpg

Back