• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Yeah, it's not too bad when you look at this part only.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tapatalk_1426117942042.jpeg
    tapatalk_1426117942042.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 118
What's going on with those stick on plastic bits just below the rear lights on the rear arch?

Aero gubbins, they help reduce drag apparently giving better fuel consumption.

They first appeared on the 2.2 diesel and they seem to be across the range now.

I reckon the rear will look wider in the flesh. Most of the pictures I've seen are sq on. So its hard to get the depth of the rear In perspective. There is quite a contour above the rear stick on arch, I wonder if that's meant to take your eye of the little stuck on strip.
Its still the red wheel tape I hate. 2008 called, it wants its wheel tape back.

After looking at those pictures, im actually starting to like the FN2 now which iv always disliked the look of.
This - not so much

I reckon the rear will look wider in the flesh. Most of the pictures I've seen are sq on. So its hard to get the depth of the rear In perspective. There is quite a contour above the rear stick on arch, I wonder if that's meant to take your eye of the little stuck on strip.
Its still the red wheel tape I hate. 2008 called, it wants its wheel tape back.

I think you're dead right. My white Clio 200 has big arches and it's really difficult to tell from photos of it which simply don't do it justice. It looks fat in the metal. I think this will look better in the metal. I do share the opinion that the rear is mismatched to the front slightly from a styling point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like exaggerated body kits and what not, but this just looks like a Ripspeed extravaganza.

For some reason it reminds me of art and crafts using cereal boxes.

Maybe it'll look better in the flesh. :)

I've placed an order for a white Type R when it's finally released. I've had EK9, EP3, DC2 and DC5 previously. All have been faultless and enyoyable from day one. I've also had all manner of cars, almost always Jap, from Scooby P1 to every generation of Celica GT4 to an Evo X running 400/400 (with 4MPG to match). All have been white bar the Scooby. Nothing comes close to Honda for the full package, in my opinion.

There is a problem though so I'd appreciate the views of the non-Honda haters. I've waited years for this car. All the while I had other Type Rs I wished they had forced induction. High revving VTEC was great years ago but just so tiresome now I'm older. But I think they have overdone the styling massively. Surely it can be fast without rubbing your face in it. From some angles it looks great but from the front looking back along the side it's all a bit wrong. The rear arches are seriously out of place. Or it it the over-flared (for a reason I'm sure) front arches? Dunno. But it's definately unbalanced. Then there is the ridiculous red trim around every external edge on the GT. Everyone will buy the GT because you get so much extra for so little money. And as I'll have the car on PCP I can't modify it by taking all the nonsense off. I'm hoping the other colours might be toned down a bit, particularly the grey.

The fear is I'll feel a right idiot driving it around town. The point and laugh crowd will either have a field day, or be in awe.

I have agreed with the dealer that I'll happily leave a deposit but if it looks as wrong as it does on some pics I'll be cancelling and going for a M2 later on when that's out.

All a bit of a let down really. What to do eh fellow Honda fans? Get it? Cancel it? Wait and see? And what colour (imagination required on that one)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by all the orders it looks like the cw will now become the common colour, A part of me thinks Honda should of Kept this option for possible specials

Black will be subtle enough to pull off I reckon. However, full spec only available in white so maybe consider wait until you see a white one in the flesh and consider having it wrapped black if you enjoy the test drive but don't like the look.

I'm really quite upset about this car. I hate it. It's gone against the red H heritage in every way that is important. I fell in love with Hondas because they are so exciting to drive, the old type-rs were raw and howled like a banshee. They were never all that fast, but it was the feeling that mattered. I can't see the new R being in the same league, I can only see it being scary fast.

If you know my car then you'll understand I'm no shrinking violet, but I would be embarrassed to drive that around. The body kit is everything that was wrong with the car scene for the last two decades. It just makes me think of over-compensation and mid-life crisis.

I could have put a deposit on one, I saved money for two years specifically for it. I bought a jazz instead.

I'm buying one, well that's the plan at least. Not yet but when the demos come onto the used market, or maybe later when the PCP deals come to their three years because then the second hand price will really start to fall.

I was in a state of dismay when I saw the first leaked pictures but it has grown on me, but in the words of Paul Daniels, "Not a lot."

It does look wrong from so many angles it has to be said but I'm sure when you start to see them on the road opinions will change.

Mine won't be white though, definitely not. I don't think that colour does the shape and lines any favours whatsoever. I'm hoping blue looks the business but my only concern is if they put the red accents on the wheels and front splitter like on the CW it will clash horribly. Only time will tell I guess.

Oh and the GT models are available in all five colours so I'm led to believe.

I'm buying one, well that's the plan at least. Not yet but when the demos come onto the used market, or maybe later when the PCP deals come to their three years because then the second hand price will really start to fall.

I was in a state of dismay when I saw the first leaked pictures but it has grown on me, but in the words of Paul Daniels, "Not a lot."

It does look wrong from so many angles it has to be said but I'm sure when you start to see them on the road opinions will change.

Mine won't be white though, definitely not. I don't think that colour does the shape and lines any favours whatsoever. I'm hoping blue looks the business but my only concern is if they put the red accents on the wheels and front splitter like on the CW it will clash horribly. Only time will tell I guess.

Oh and the GT models are available in all five colours so I'm led to believe.
Blue looks interesting alright hides most of the horrible lines honda have created...will be interesting to see in the metal

I've placed an order for a white Type R when it's finally released. I've had EK9, EP3, DC2 and DC5 previously. All have been faultless and enyoyable from day one. I've also had all manner of cars, almost always Jap, from Scooby P1 to every generation of Celica GT4 to an Evo X running 400/400 (with 4MPG to match). All have been white bar the Scooby. Nothing comes close to Honda for the full package, in my opinion.

There is a problem though so I'd appreciate the views of the non-Honda haters. I've waited years for this car. All the while I had other Type Rs I wished they had forced induction. High revving VTEC was great years ago but just so tiresome now I'm older. But I think they have overdone the styling massively. Surely it can be fast without rubbing your face in it. From some angles it looks great but from the front looking back along the side it's all a bit wrong. The rear arches are seriously out of place. Or it it the over-flared (for a reason I'm sure) front arches? Dunno. But it's definately unbalanced. Then there is the ridiculous red trim around every external edge on the GT. Everyone will buy the GT because you get so much extra for so little money. And as I'll have the car on PCP I can't modify it by taking all the nonsense off. I'm hoping the other colours might be toned down a bit, particularly the grey.

The fear is I'll feel a right idiot driving it around town. The point and laugh crowd will either have a field day, or be in awe.

I have agreed with the dealer that I'll happily leave a deposit but if it looks as wrong as it does on some pics I'll be cancelling and going for a M2 later on when that's out.

All a bit of a let down really. What to do eh fellow Honda fans? Get it? Cancel it? Wait and see? And what colour (imagination required on that one)?

I know the deposit is 3k but did your dealer give you any PCP options, a chap over on civinfo was quoted, 3k up front but then another 7k on arrival (so it's now a 10k deposit, the 3k is to secure one) he gave 12k as annual mileage which left him £312 per mth with a 14k bill at the end, it now becomes over a 35k car without any optional extras.
I paid £500 at the dealer last July, then another £2500 to Honda when the books opened but if I go PCP it's another £7000 on top, it's starting to feel like they're out to take what they can get. They baited people in with the concept, now they're baiting them in with "only 3k deposit & under £300 a mth" when in reality it's not, people had their deposits back after the unveil & I wonder how many more will follow once the actual PCP payment plans are out

I'm really quite upset about this car. I hate it. It's gone against the red H heritage in every way that is important. I fell in love with Hondas because they are so exciting to drive, the old type-rs were raw and howled like a banshee. They were never all that fast, but it was the feeling that mattered. I can't see the new R being in the same league, I can only see it being scary fast.

If you know my car then you'll understand I'm no shrinking violet, but I would be embarrassed to drive that around. The body kit is everything that was wrong with the car scene for the last two decades. It just makes me think of over-compensation and mid-life crisis.

I could have put a deposit on one, I saved money for two years specifically for it. I bought a jazz instead.

I hate it too Jimbo, it looks a disjointed mess of metal imho and those rear wheel arches are just so wrong, for me there's no incentive to ditch my zimmer frame and raid my piggy bank for one last performance car.

I know the deposit is 3k but did your dealer give you any PCP options, a chap over on civinfo was quoted, 3k up front but then another 7k on arrival (so it's now a 10k deposit, the 3k is to secure one) he gave 12k as annual mileage which left him £312 per mth with a 14k bill at the end, it now becomes over a 35k car without any optional extras.
I paid £500 at the dealer last July, then another £2500 to Honda when the books opened but if I go PCP it's another £7000 on top, it's starting to feel like they're out to take what they can get. They baited people in with the concept, now they're baiting them in with "only 3k deposit & under £300 a mth" when in reality it's not, people had their deposits back after the unveil & I wonder how many more will follow once the actual PCP payment plans are out

As I had just bought the wife a Jazz at a VIP event they did me a deal: a £1000 fully refundable deposit and 5 years free servicing. This was after I had stressed I was totally unsure about the car and needed to see it in the flesh. Regarding PCP you can do whatever you want. I've specified a £3k total deposit should I go ahead but actually intend to put down nearer to £7-9k if I can save up that much between now and then. The marketeers have been banging on about £299 pcm for the non-GT. That does need a £9k deposit (29%). All at a special 5.6% interest rate, which is excellent. And don't forget Honda Finance is not the the only option. ALD (who my wife works for, and with whom Honda are affiliated) do lower monthly payments but higher final payment. Their APR is circa 7%.

In summary Honda's finance deal is a good one. But a £3k deposit equates to £530 pcm, nowhere near the £299 for the non-GT with £9k deposit. Massive difference. Do any of us want a rope like that around our necks?

Thanks for the replies guys on the colour choices. It's the grey with black wheels/bodykit that I think may calm it down enough to be a goer. Pics of which do not exist.

I think red will look sick. The advert with the red concept looked awesome. Hopefully the red trims will all be black on the red car. Red and black is a cool combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my local dealer on the phone asking if id like to put an order in for one. I was told its a 2k deposit. And they give me 7k for my fn2. I told him there's no way I put a deposit on a car I hadn't driven or even seen in the flesh.
His reply was, there wont be time to see one In the flesh, as they will all be sold before then, and how his phone hasn't stopped ringing with people ordering them, as people know what a type R can do, their not concerned with how it drives, as they know itll be amazing.
I said id wait for a 2nd hand one also as I think 32k is to much. This is the best bit he said. There wont be any 2nd hand ones for less as people will know its a collectable car and they wont part with them, except for more than they have paid. I told him he's getting confused with the NSX.
I've heard some sales people talk some shiz to sell a car, but his shiz was the worst yet.

Back