• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Oh I've just sat in the seat. The hip sides are proper bucket, more so than any Recaro of any Type R I've owned. Even more than my Evo actually. They are super comfy and the driving position seems spot on instrument cluster nice and clear.

Yeah S2KIP the new seats looked good in the pictures and comfy. Are they as bright a red as in the pictures? Are they made by Recaro? Or do we know who will be making the seats?

No idea who makes them, there's no markings from what I could see. The red is a touch lighter than the one in the EP3 Premier.

Ahh cool. I do like my Premier Editon Recaros. Like a Crimson Red. Does the new type R have the rear windows and back windows tinted? Always thought the EP3 looked better with the factory fitted privacy glass on the prem editions. But the 30th Anniversary pre face lift got the rear tints too.
Sorry for the questions S2KIP. :)

I can't remember 100%, but I think they are tinted. Pics should be up within a day.

Right that's it, I'm thoroughly on board with the new car.

Great pictures, really appreciated. Surprised CTRO weren't on hand to smash your camera as they've probably got a picture exclusive of the oil cap in a month :p

The car really does stand out in the flesh, I must admit. I've grown to like it, but FWD just isn't my thing any more.

Some Crackin' photos there buddy, thanks! I must say it feels a bit like they have been lazy with some details, for example would it be so hard to make the top of the light flush with the bootlid? Looks stupid not being flush IMO

20150516-2L8A2316 by Christopher Dooks, on Flickr

Cracking pics, really appreciated :smt023

My only qualm is the rear seats, look a tad bland, they could of incorporated the red from the fronts so we get a matching interior.

Also the intake looks open but I can't see anything for it to line up too especially with the bonnet closed

Those seats :smt005 although I'm going to sound old here, I actually think it's a bit too much. Far too lairy (styling wise at the rear) for a daily, weekend car only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, what I have has been uploaded. I didn't take any side shots to be honest as there were tent poles in the way.

[video=youtube;oZSsyN5zkDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSsyN5zkDs[/video]

Dandemoraliser's vid from the recent Nurburgring event.

Back