• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

[video=youtube;9uNIKAVLY8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uNIKAVLY8A[/video]

Wheel sizes have been getting bigger over the last few years across the board.

Hazz's GTR runs 17s while the R35 GTR runs 20s

Same with the S5 which also runs 20s.

Bigger safety cells = Bigger cars = Bigger wheels

There does have to be a balance alright. Really if our roads weren't so crappily maintained by our equally crappy local authorities, then this wouldn't even be an issue!! Considering how much the average motorist is penalised in terms of motoring costs, we should expect (and receive) much better services from the highways agency/people who maintain our roads. This is taking a derail anyways from the original thread, sorry guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for the Highways Agency and at the moment we are dealing with at least 8-10 potholes every 8 hour shift

Yeah there's no problem with firm suspension. But when it's so rigid that it crashes over bumps and tyres leave contact with the road on an average b-road then it's a step too much. Stiff set ups allied with 20" wheels isn't conducive to fast point to point driving.

This is what the Merc A45 AMG is like. It's pretty poor on a typical UK road

I work for the Highways Agency and at the moment we are dealing with at least 8-10 potholes every 8 hour shift

That's good news. However why do they fill with stones or soft Tarmac that simply pushes out within a week? Not having a pop just curious. I'm guessing cost? Around here non of the holes are dealt with. No ****, I hit one the weekend it was huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, I cannot confirm the validity of this but there's thought to be adjustable suspension on the 2015 CTR - not sure whether that means: stock hard adjusted to super-hard or stock soft adjusted to hard - but hopefully some compromise could be factored in to the production vehicle. I read on another forum (therefore probably tosh) that Mugen were involved with the suspension on the 2015 car, if so, perhaps UK ride quality may be factored in as I understand Mugen focused on this aspect when producing the FN2-Mugen and resultant aftermarket dampers. Who knows - I'm just thinking out aloud in response to some of the suspension posts.

The FN2 stock springs were horrible, but it was just a quick fix to Eibach springs. Maybe it would be the same this time round

The concept looks damn good!!! Surprisingly so considering how fugly the standard car is and the version they've already shown on the Nurburgring.
Bet it looks nothing like that when it reaches production though. It'll be like the new WRX STi, great concept that the production version doesn't even come close to matching. Shame.

All the hype has revolved around Tarquini working with them and caning it around the 'Ring. Yet in the video he says he didn't go flat out as he's never driven the circuit before!

In reality, does this mean it'll do it in 7min 30secs as he got close to 8 mins himself?!

Not sure what I make of the 20" wheels. Tyres will be about £200 a corner. Roughly 300bhp in an FF car, you'll want the best tyre there is... maybe the production won't have 20's...?

Its amazing how many cars you can spot (mainly 4x4's) with bald tyres because the owners didn't consider expense.

All the hype has revolved around Tarquini working with them and caning it around the 'Ring. Yet in the video he says he didn't go flat out as he's never driven the circuit before!

In reality, does this mean it'll do it in 7min 30secs as he got close to 8 mins himself?!

7:30??? Ground control calling WelshyWelsh!!

I reckon it will have 19's with optional 20's with the car itself costing silly money.

I don't personally believe this will be a typical mass produced hot-hatch like the FN2, EP3, ST, VXR. Think it'll be a kind of niche Super-hatch... infact aren't they called Hyper-hatches (Focus RS, Golf R, RS3 etc.)

To me, this is why I think it will be priced out of the pockets of those that it will appeal to most.

If I had the sort of money I think this could be marketed at I doubt that a Honda Civic would be ahead of the queue.

People will buy it, someone always does - but I very much doubt it will be the hoards that bought the FN and EP... and that would be because of the potential price. Spec'd up 1.8's and 2.2 diesels are touching £26k+... LOL. My FN2 GT cost £19k new!

Hope I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autoexpress are saying that the new Type R is being aimed at the Golf R & Focus RS with a price of £30K(otr).

I doubt we will see many in that case. I very rarely see Golf Rs about.

IMO 30K is beyond the budget of people would be buy a Civic. Considering what that buys in various different categories (in fact I'm pretty sure the new Impreza is that price and I read a thread on Scoobynet saying that that price is too high)

New STi is £28,995 IIRC.

I bought the old shape STi when it was 2yo and they were £32,995 new. A £30k new car isn't unobtainable after a few years.

If there are two versions though like a lot of sources are suggesting, I think the hardcore one that I'll be after will be like unicorn's horns to find.

But if there is a slow take up on the initial market then there won't be much of a second hand market and nothing in the way of aftermarket.

I wonder what the interior looks like considering theres been no images of that released that I've seen

But if there is a slow take up on the initial market then there won't be much of a second hand market and nothing in the way of aftermarket.

I wonder what the interior looks like considering theres been no images of that released that I've seen

Just look on 'Trader or Pistonheads, there really is no shortage of Golf Rs or Focus RSs. I really don't see the second hand market being a problem.

If it was a comparable car to the Golf GTi or ST, I'd agree with you as it wouldn't sell many at £30k, but it's being firmly aimed at the next level hot hatch. That being said the new RS is rumored to be around 330bhp and the Golf R is 296bhp, but Hondas have always been able to punch above their weight on those terms.

The interior of the 9th Gen Civic is a bit fussy IMO, though I've only had the launch night and a 15 minute test drive to poke around it and haven't lived with it yet. It might be a nice place to be longer term. I just hope the Type R is a lot of carbon and brushed aluminium, red carpets and red seats etc.

Back