• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

In my humble opinion, Honda should re-do the rear wheel arches, do away with the basic model leaving the GT version only and drop the price to £29.5K

PS they should then give me one for nothing in exchange for using me in an advertising campaign stating the car is suitable not only for young Bucks but old f*ckers as well. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking that list the Type R is going to be in an odd spot.
It will be the most expensive of the "affordable" hot hatches and directly competing with the top end stuff

That's what I was thinking, granted I've taken base figures and rounded to the nearest grand, but still.

Is it not top end?

Top end?

Renaultsport Megane 275 Trophy R is well if 36k
I'm pretty sure add a few options and all the above
list of car will shoot up in price

plus for me I like a car which stands out
So the golf and Audi just don't do it for me

Trophy R has no back seats and is a track focused car like the previous mark. It's more of a toy/limited edition/special car. It's not an every day hatch back IMO. Different league.
As I said above, I have taken base prices but tbh, the extra options I can see on the Civic are probably around £2-3k on most of the cars above. So it's still more expensive than all of them.

I actually quite like the Golf and the S3 but yeah, they don't stand out. Then Civic does stand out........a lot. Out of that list I actually think the Focus and the GTC are the best looking.

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-...nd-the-nurburgring-than-the-new-civic-type-r/

Interesting reading. It's quicker round the 'ring than the following cars:

....cars....

However I'd like to see all the above being tested with the same driver, same conditions, modern tyres etc.

Either way, pretty impressive.

It is impressive, wouldn't mind seeing the time for the production car though. Not one with cages/braces/slicks :lol:

It is impressive, wouldn't mind seeing the time for the production car though. Not one with cages/braces/slicks :lol:
I read elsewhere that Honda put in a cage for safety and removed the audio and air con to counteract the weight that the cage added. Engine tune/tyres/brakes etc all identical to what will be on the car when sold by Honda in the UK. Obviously the cage will add an element of extra stiffness to the chassis.

I'd like to know who the driver is as he's putting in lots of small inputs all of the time, he's properly on it.

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-...nd-the-nurburgring-than-the-new-civic-type-r/

Interesting reading. It's quicker round the 'ring than the following cars:

2003 BMW M3 CSL - 7m 50s
2009 Merc SL 65 AMG Black Series - 7m 51s
2011 Jaguar XKR-S - 7m 51s
2004 Ford GT - 7m 52s
2004 Mercedes CLK DTM - 7m 54s
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 7m 54s
2005 Ferrari F430 - 7m 55s
2012 BMW M5 - 7m 55s
2003 Lamborghini Gallardo - 7m 52s
2008 Audi R8 - 8m 01.90s

However I'd like to see all the above being tested with the same driver, same conditions, modern tyres etc.

Either way, pretty impressive.

And that list highlights how much bollocks the time really is.

Pre-production honest gov, eh? Fcuking rubbish.

What do we reckon a stock production car will run it? 8:10? 8:30?

And that list highlights how much bollocks the time really is.

Pre-production honest gov, eh? Fcuking rubbish.

What do we reckon a stock production car will run it? 8:10? 8:30?

I read elsewhere that Honda put in a cage for safety and removed the audio and air con to counteract the weight that the cage added. Engine tune/tyres/brakes etc all identical to what will be on the car when sold by Honda in the UK. Obviously the cage will add an element of extra stiffness to the chassis.

I think the production car will still be sub 8min.

Remember the Megane was only 4 seconds slower so it's very possible for the Civic to do it in the time stated.

It's definitely grown on me - I wonder what the lease deals will be like on it. PCP can foad.

New Civic Type R

Whatever the damn time may be it's clearly a fast car. I think it's priced about right. By top end, I mean it's a fairly high end car is it not? Just because it's not a BM or merc it's still pretty high end, or at least i think so anyway.

I see loads of people in cars and wonder how they can afford them. However, there's always a way if you really really want one!

Ring times aren't the be all and end all anyway, real world driving is what ultimately it's about, which i am sure the civic will excel at. That's why the type R is great because it's really fun and fast but ultimately practical and useable on a day to day basis. Sone of the other cars aren't so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one has actually committed to actually buying one yet. Come on guys, get your balls out!

My balls have been airing for a yr :) secured one with my dealer with a small deposit last july, then the 3k deposit paid to Honda the Wk the books opened, dealer has my chosen colour just awaiting full specs.
Definitely been a long year & I was probably mad coughing up so early but it looks like it will be worth it, the looks are growing on me more & more (now the concept is gone from head) I reckon it's going to be a right little cracker (I hope) :)

Ah, so it's over the top?

It's undoubtedly a very quick Japanese hatchback, but although build quality etc will be decent by modern car standards, it's certainly not top end stuff.

Just as the run of the mill car companies have upped their game, so have the more luxurious marques, as have the supercar makers. everyone is where they should be, but it's all got a little better than before.

New Civic Type R

Will probably be more reliable than your merc if that's the car you have in your avatar! My pal had one of those (£28k second hand - yikes) and it was nothing but trouble. Did look nice mind, no denying that. He said he'd never own another!

Incidentally he also owned an accord type r at the same time. Sold the Accord and missed it dearly!!

Will probably be more reliable than your merc if that's the car you have in your avatar! My pal had one of those (£28k second hand - yikes) and it was nothing but trouble. Did look nice mind, no denying that. He said he'd never own another!

Incidentally he also owned an accord type r at the same time. Sold the Accord and missed it dearly!!

It must have been trouble if he's complaining about it that much. especially considering that the w205 is only a year old and all will still be in warranty.

mines new, so I i don't need to worry about reliability. I do share the mindset on that being a distinct advantage of owning a new car.

What I will say is that the quality is far superior to any Honda I've ever been in, old and new. That is why I'm suggesting that no matter what is shoe horned under the bonnet, it is based on a civic and will therefore never be top end. Unless of course Honda design the Type R first and then make beige variants for its reliable consumer base after. But it doesn't tend to work like that.

My gf's old BMW 116d had no problems what so ever in the four years (~70k miles) we had it and that was a £24k car brand new, the same goes for our Fiesta Sport or a colleagues Audi S3. Can't really use the old reliable Honda thing any more IMO, I'd say it's all fairly level playing field when it comes to faults.

Even my mates Megane RS has had no issues, which is a far cry from his R26 doing whatever it felt like.

To be fair, I don't think the sort of person who has a C200/220/250/3 series/A4 or what not on their short list would be lining up a test drive in a new Civic Type R unless out of complete curiosity. So it's a bit of a moot point.

Fact is, Honda is there with Ford, Vauxhall, SEAT, Skoda, French cars etc when it comes to refinement, build quality and toys. Merc, BMW, & Audi are in a complete league of their own. Of course, there's exceptions to the rule, but largely that's how it is.

Reliability does however matter, sure you can wave your fist at the dealer and get a courtesy car, but if the car spends a lot of time there it would wear thin. But with how complex modern cars have become, it's difficult to gauge which will be reliable and which won't till they've been out 3 years or so.

Back