• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

So all quiet on the western front then until we see pics of alternative colours and see actual reviews from road tests etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about the same my dealer told me, he said around July/end of July he will get one Type R and he's not allowed to sell it.
For ever other Type R he orders Honda wants the contract to be send to them.

My Civic Type R will most likely arrive in August...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just placed my order for a white Civic Type R GT. The dealer told me I was the first one to be ordered in Cornwall - unless anyone else can tell me otherwise!!!

My first midlife crisis was a Ultimate Green Mk2 Focus RS which I loved but the new 2016 model I'm sure will be a great car but it didn't excite me so have decided to go Honda for my second midlife crisis.

I hope I'm making the right decision???

That's about the same my dealer told me, he said around July/end of July he will get one Type R and he's not allowed to sell it.
For ever other Type R he orders Honda wants the contract to be send to them.

My Civic Type R will most likely arrive in August...

September is pre order delivery, my dealer emailed me a while back saying it's looking like a September delivery (doesn't give us much summer to enjoy it) & also evostu confirmed September.
So if dealers aren't getting any till June/July when do we actually get to choose specs, also I know there was around 100 of us that pre ordered many mths ago so do we automatically get the 1st batches & if so when will post release deposits get theirs

My dealer said at the moment it looks like August but it could also get September, he has to wait for Honda to confirm the date after he send the contract to them.
He said after that it will take about 3-4 weeks before Honda will confirm the month of delivery.

Btw. i think we are still at "pre-order" stage, official launch of the Type R will be most likely when the dealers get a car to show, so sometimes around July. Just my guess.

If this car is launched any time after mid July I'm gonna wait until September for mine (already on order) to get on the new plate. Got some figures for those interested in the GT with metallic paint - all over 3 years on PCP at the special 5.6% interest rate deal they have on promo:

3k deposit = £530/month
5k deposit = £460/month
6k deposit = £430/month
7k deposit = £400/month

After that it's roughly £30 less for every extra £1k put down. For those that don't know, PCP is where you pay interest on (full value - guaranteed future value) only. After which you can decide to pay that off (£15k in this case) or hand the car back and get the special Mugen edition we all know will be coming next! So, expected depreciation is £18k over 3 years although I highly doubt anyone will pick up a 3 year old second hand one for £15k. £22k+ I would expect.

Less drag? How can that thing have less drag than anything ever made? Look at the front profile!!

Looks so, so much more serious than the road going proposition though. I foresee a bodykit.

At last! People are actually talking about their orders. Nice one guys, let me know when you are done and ill take it off your hands. Look after em ;)

profile-high-garage.jpg

That's more like it Honda, those rear wheel arches should be on the road going production car.

Is it an optical illusion ? this car looks shorter than the one shown at the Geneva motor show.

It looks more max power than touring car.

I think it's my whole trying too hard thing. That front bumper looks ridiculous.

Buy these on the other hand...

bt99_tommo_aXfw_1.jpg

Andrew_Jordan_2008_BTCC_Oulton_Park.jpg

Back