• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Just had a call from my dealer - 1500 UK allocation sold out. There will be more, but would be Oct time if ordered now.

Their demo isn't coming until Aug now as customer orders are far greater than expected. Also, no white until 2016, as it's by far the most popular colour and Honda want to even up the colour order amounts if possible.

I think all those colours look cool but that grey is damn sick! Looks so mean. Like my old cosmic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbuyer video review of the new Type R.

[video=youtube;oab3XoYx3fU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oab3XoYx3fU[/video]

Nice review, although some of the points he didn't like are a bit pointless. Horn? My horn in the clio is puny too, but who cares? Also boot is huge and useful, so not sure why he moaned about it. Also view out the rear being spoiled? You don't spend much time looking out the rear or at least you shouldn't! Sounded quite vteccy to me and I'm sure there will be loads of aftermarket bits to bolt on to make it sound louder etc. o think it's awesome. Look forward to an evo and top gear review. Top gear videos are damn great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;KlGCZiFyqVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGCZiFyqVw[/video]

It's fast, but look at how much he's bouncing up and down in the Civic and that's on a relatively smooth track. Maybe I'm getting old...

Yes Loxy your getting old... :p lol(But so am I) :) I personally feel Honda have giving a family man or woman, the hot hatch plus family car. I remember my parents being surprised by how big the boot is in my EP3 for a hot hatch.
On a different note.

There was an FN2 on the A77 last night that must be in stealth mode as he went like poo off a greasy shovel. And people used to tell me the FN2 isn't as fast and alot heavier. His was shifting It wasn't the Mugen model either.

I was reading somewhere that the FK2 uses Vtec in a diff way to Type Rs before it. It comes in alot lower and the turbo is more utilize at the mid/top end. Anyway I really like the new type R. But more than content with my EP3.

Wendy, enjoy your new type R I doubt it will disappoint :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!

Loxy you are getting old my man! :D It does look firm but hey, it's a sports car. Bit gutted he says the engine is characterless, I wonder what he means exactly. Seat looked like he was having great fun in, just looks dull and has rotten seats. All sports hatches should have mega seats these days by law! I notice the brakes on my Clio 200 have fade too when you are absolutely macking it. I'd love s go in the new civic for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also when these new cars start to trickle through to you guys you have to get photos up in here etc. please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys, could anyone tell me the best way of purchasing this car? I mean, how much would I be looking at monthly? Should I wait till lease deals are available?

Guys, could anyone tell me the best way of purchasing this car? I mean, how much would I be looking at monthly? Should I wait till lease deals are available?

If I go down the PCP route I've been told 10k down Gt spec with the options I've added so far I'm around 330 a mth (give or take), from what I've read order now it's October delivery

If I go down the PCP route I've been told 10k down Gt spec with the options I've added so far I'm around 330 a mth (give or take), from what I've read order now it's October delivery

That PCP is for three years, then you have the £15k balloon payment at the end of it.

(I know dweezle knows this, just for clarity.)

Be carefull with pcp my couisn had his mini on that when he handed it back he had to give them money, i have gone for normal finance and mines only 385pm

I've not queried any other option yet as I assumed they were only offering PCP deals (going by their finance example on their site), I'm in this for the long haul the only way they'll get the car back is if I trade in for a special edition or the 10th gen R.
Are you down for the 27th of June or July quite a few of us have had 27th of July (Gt specs)

I've not queried any other option yet as I assumed they were only offering PCP deals (going by their finance example on their site), I'm in this for the long haul the only way they'll get the car back is if I trade in for a special edition or the 10th gen R.
Are you down for the 27th of June or July quite a few of us have had 27th of July (Gt specs)

27 July sorry not with it today, Honda are offering 4.9% over 5 years, thats what they have offerd me so far but i will be using my lady charm i have that normaly works to see if i can get any better.
They really tried to push PCP on me but nooooo way! If your in it for the long haul go for mormal HP im putting 10K down and then a set amount a month untill its mine no final baloon payment.

I'll look into that, I just assumed they only offered PCP, my dealer isn't the best at communicating, we've been emailing a yr & still not met

I'll look into that, I just assumed they only offered PCP, my dealer isn't the best at communicating, we've been emailing a yr & still not met

What!!!!! OMG i see my dealer Will once a month and have done since September and we send an email at least 1 every day lol but then think of the commission hes getting! Is yours a listers Honda?
Where abouts you from?

Mines Marshall Honda at Peterborough, I'm Leicestershire. I emailed mine last June asking if they have a book they could put my name in, half hr later phone rings & I was £500 out of pocket :), I did pop over to see him the other Friday but he was with a customer, he's been emailing but to be honest I've known more than him.
This site & civinfo are the main ones to sign up to for info, between them both there's around 7 pre order owners (civinfo will seriously skint you with ideas for the civics)

Back