• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I had a first sight of one in Peterborough this weekend and thought it looked like it had been crashed into the local Halfrauds. Looks really over the top and tacky and the 4 exhausts? Why does a 2.0 turbo require a back box like a GTR?

My POS Juke looks better. :lol:

Seems like UK Type R's have gone gone down hill since the EP3

What colour was it, it wasn't me but as far as I'm aware I'm the only one around the area, I was the only one to pre order according to the dealer

New Civic Type R

What colour was it, it wasn't me but as far as I'm aware I'm the only one around the area, I was the only one to pre order according to the dealer

It was red and saw it in Hampton Tesco.

It was a middle age bloke driving it with kids in the back I think. Midlife crisis I reckon!! Lol.

My girlfriend said that looks like a chavs car but she has no idea about cars so didn't realise that that bloke had just paid nearly £35k for it. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It was red and saw it in Hampton Tesco.

It was a middle age bloke driving it with kids in the back I think. Midlife crisis I reckon!! Lol.

My girlfriend said that looks like a chavs car but she has no idea about cars so didn't realise that that bloke had just paid nearly £35k for it. Lol
I would go hunting him down but I'm ***** with directions :lol:

Saw a white one in Tesco car park in Ely yesterday. Bloke just sitting in it revving it. In his 40's I reckon. Just didn't quite suit him.

I'm the first to say drive what you like and fuk the haters. But it was kind of like seeing an old guy borrowing his sons car, as opposed to son borrowing dads money for a car.

I am nearly 40 and I don't sit and rev my EP3 :D I get peed off if I wheel spin. :D

I hope he wasn't reving a cold engine. :)

Who's cares how old someone is as long as they like the car. Stop hating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hating on the driver, more the car. I think in its recent guise its lost its audience some what.

Would I have one? Hell yeah
Are their other cars I'd have first if I had £33k? Hell yeah.
Its trying to hard imo

Its amazing to think that my first EP3 cost me £16k. Its more than 50% increase in 12 years. Ok so you get a load of extra b0llOks on the new one you didn't get with the EP but its was a great car as it was.

If i was spending £33k on something it would have to be RWD and with 2 seats preferably but never FWD for that money.

I don't think it's trying too hard. It's ended up that way because someone said it had to have the FWD Nurburgring record. It's the only FWD production car to generate proper, "Negative lift," as Honda are calling it.

The aero is as over engineered as the engine and chassis now. :lol:

Worth a read to help you get your head round the car. I wouldn't go explaining (or making excuses for) the car at a party, but since we're on a Honda forum here you are:

http://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/media/pressreleases/55273/2015-honda-civic-type-r-uk-press-kit

#3 explains the aero.

I completely agree with the red rim tape and splitter accents on the GT though, entirely unnecessary and are only there to differentiate from the non-GT IMHO and add nothing to the car.

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, and I'll laugh at the rep mobiles who try it on during my commute, ignoring their provocations completely and pootling along in my own little world...

My EP3 transforms into an Autobot called VTEC! :D

Yes yes yes yes I am bored at work lol.

It was a cold sunny morning in Scotland today.... The EP3 was responsive as anything today. Must be that good quality air we get up here :D

Ricky Wilson of the kaiser Chiefs collects his new R.

Bet he didn't choose to go on a pcp deal...

b6fd64948129892995b4dd5d29100ce7.jpg

793fa81eda1a946ecd7f833673668355.jpg

Back