• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I went to the local Honda dealer near me here and they had a Black CTR in. All I can say is in the flesh and up close I really like the FK2 CTR. I can't remember who said before but I will be going for the Black CTR. I really like it in the Crystal Pearl black. :D

Another video, Dutch guy doing the road test, English subtitles, I reckon he likes it.

[video=youtube;ABZmriJMBRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZmriJMBRk[/video]

I do like it in white I must say. I'm still not entirely convinced on the rear but I love the front. It's kinda like the Mugen RR in that respect. Speaking of which, I wonder when Honda will do a 'special' version to really silence the competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one ordered :)

Hi guys

I'm new to the forums so thought I'd give my 2pence worth. Test drove the new type R 2 weeks ago. Seen a black one in the showroom and another parked outside. I loved the colour as as it really complemented the shape of the car in my opinion and glossed over some of the cheaper looking plastics on the car. I thought it looked brilliant.

I currently own a EVO VI and to be honest compared the EVO I travelled to the dealership in, on the test drive the civic felt a little underpowered and very laggy. At times the electric power steering felt a little artificial over bumps too. But when the power does kick in it felt brilliant to drive, and R+ mode sorted out the steering and made the car feel more like the EVO to drive which I liked. Overall l loved the way it drove and handled, was pleasently surprised how good it looked in the metal (especially in black) so I placed an order :D can't wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 53
Nice man! It does look hard in black no doubt. Must've been pretty good if you ordered one then lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was initially told delivery would be October/November. However got an email last week saying it has moved forward and could be here end of September! I'm not relying on that though I can't see it being that quick. Only ordered 2 weeks ago

Mine was ordered last week in july. I was told that the November date was very likely to move forward though ,so fingers crossed !

It does look very good in shines black. You'll have to keep it properly polished. Also, try get that red of the wheels, it looks tacky on any colour, but seriously so on a black car.

Other than that, youre lucky lucky people.

After a long run in mixed weather and types of road conditions, some feedback - I'm still absolutely loving it. It hasn't disappointed me at all in fact I've learnt a few things. I didn't realise it had automatic dimming of the lights so it recognises oncoming traffic and traffic you are approaching and dips and raises full beam. Very clever, took some getting used to but all you do is drive - nice touch. I was concerned it didn't have a rear wiper, but the small lower rear spoiler is very effective keeping the crap thrown up lower down and the clever aero dynamics means as you move forward the back window is kept clean. The warning light on the wing mirrors I found very useful especially on the motorways warning you of cars either side in your blind spot. In very wet conditions on the motorway at the legal speed limit it felt rock solid giving you great confidence. I've turned the warning light for the lane departure option off as it gets very annoying especially when straight lining B roads. The boot is a good size as I had to pick up a bed and it went in no trouble at all. The higher dash slopes down and away from the steering wheel and I've noticed it gets dusty and its a bit difficult to keep clean.

However all in all it's fantastic bit of kit and all those waiting for one, its definitely going to be worth the wait....

Yeah black cars are awful to keep clean. It's will be my first ever black car, as iv always avoided this colour in the past. I have arranged for the car be treated with gyeon q2 MOHS+ the day of collection to help give it a bit of protection

Not tackled cleaning the dash yet but I have wondered how to tackle it, it's a big dash going right back.
Attempted a detail on mine Thursday & Friday it really is a pain to clean nearly every panel has a curve or contour & loads of niggly bits, think I may invest in that hydro2 lite & lock it in for as long as possible

I'm not far but it won't be me, japfest was literally on my doorstep & I didn't even venture to that, been too busy & both fell at the wrong time

Hi all, I had my test drive of the new CTR. :D

I was very impressed and will be getting one next year. Loved the seats, the speedo is right position for me. Only 5'10 lol. In +R mode I loved it. I adapted to the new R quickly. It was in black and I will go for this colour. Still have mods I would like to do to my EP3 first though. :D

As for the engine it's really responsive. And I like the sound of it. Each to their own but STR really likes the new CTR. :D

Back