• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

:cool:

I'm running down to a distributor as soon as I get my car for a test fit! They were pretty sure they'd clear the caliper too. I had the same size on my FD2 and they cleared the Brembos by miles but the discs were smaller on that car.

IMG_20140726_100155.jpg

Need to check the 14mm studs fit on the 5x120 cut, and check the 21mm M14 x 1.5 nuts fit in the hole recesses on the alloy with my thin socket...

Hey all,

100 miles in and I'm with everyone else who has commented on it in that this is just a fantastic car to drive. Definitely happy with the choice of Championship White (apart from flies like to sit on it). Had nothing but compliments on the car so far. Never have I driven such a high performance car that fills you with so much confidence that it is not going to slip up, you never feel in danger of losing control.

I really do like the way the engine sounds, almost like it is after it's next victim. And the dip of the clutch to release turbo pressure just sounds fantastic. Considering this was one of the negatives in reviews I have no complaints at all but understand this is going to be down to personal taste. Needless to say I haven't fully throttled it at such a low mileage, but I have gave it a couple of little nudges to see how it responds (trying to keep below 5000 revs under heavy throttle). The car feels like it is begging for me to put my foot down, and despite being told you should be OK to do it from new, I don't fully feel comfortable.

I have a trip planned up to the Lake District from Lincolnshire tomorrow which should take me over 500 miles at which point I will give it a bit of a blast once the trip is complete. So far tootling around town showing friends and family and some small journeys has returned over 25 mpg's which is already more than my FN2 and this is based on a full tank that the car came with. I will see how it fairs on a long journey tomorrow to look at this further.

I could go on and on but I'll keep it short and sweet at that.

Happy to input if anyone has any specific questions about the car.
Should get some nice pics up the lakes tomorrow albeit it might not be shining by then.

Posts like this keep me going (49 days to go).

Enjoy the trip to the lakes!

Few shots from today. (Sorry could not figure out how to re size them)

LeAV8xZ.jpg
b8nUCkZ.jpg
Zyd2fpR.jpg
ILAtQyp.jpg

Pictures were taken on phone so wont be amazing quality, and the car had done 150 miles at that point so wasn't fully clean! :p

All in all had a fab drive up north and back. Still held back on the throttle, although quite nice just slamming foot down a bit in 6th and it still pulls rather quickly. Averaged 34mpg over 400 miles. Today's trip averaged out at 38mpg in mixed driving conditions.

Having done 400 miles, I'm getting very tempted to give it some :rolleyes:

Cheers

Looking good, I find them a pain to clean, too many nooks, I'm quick detailing mine everyday at work & the place I'm finding the most dirt & grime is inside the door sills, everyday I'm wiping them clean & that's only after a 20min journey to work, the rest of the car is near clean so god knows how it's creeping in

Ok everyone I need your help and input! Can we get lots more pictures please and some reviews, anything just to get the ball rolling as I just don't know what to do! (Sounds like a title for a song)! Anyway, has anyone been able to get unaccompanied test drives in the Type R? Because I can't at the moment and I've tried the 2 dealers closest to me. What is going on its not like I'm a young man who looks like a high risk, and it's not like the car is £50k or something! I went out in the Golf R today and had no problem with being unaccounted, we did buy our new Gti from there but hey, that was over £30k. The manager in one of the dealerships said that the Civic Type R would be a good 2nd or 3rd car as its too aggressive to drive every day! And tyres every 5000 miles seems excessive. But I was a Type R owner before and we loved it and I kind of want to love the new one, so feedback, pictures and general advice please!! Thanks :)

There is absolutely no way a dealer will allow you out on your own mate! You can still get a fair idea of what the car is like with someone in the passenger seat I'd have thought?

I wasn't allowed out on my own for either drive, but the second was with the dealership driver (not the salesman) who did a good job at egging me on to be fair.

The general excuse seems to circle around the insurance and them stipulating accompanied drives only, but only on this model. I guess different dealerships will have different insurers.

My dealer knows I used to have the blue FD2 they still talk about, but I've not pulled a Ronnie Pickering on them yet...

I'm saving that for any shiz at the PDI or if it is substantially delayed, but that will more than likely be very camp, but still filmed and uploaded to YouTube. :lol:

I don't know if that's a reference to the video or you truly don't know :lol: but either way.

[video=youtube;r0dcv6GKNNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dcv6GKNNw[/video]

Back