• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Just finished TGT,
Would have been nice for more on the 8 but it was another enjoyable episode,
I really like the front on presence the 8 has on the road, the wide looking low stance looks aggressive, the rear I prefer the FK2 over the 8, and the same with the seats, they looked a bit bulky, exhaust I'm not sure if it was the filming but I couldn't hear that much difference between the 2.

Certainly looked quick though, would be a nice car to mod and has left me pondering

Was meant to ask, does the 8 make that annoying chirp noise every time you lock/unlock the car, I wasn't sure whether they were editing it in

36a45cfc10c05d7f19ea6f808fd57dc5.jpg

How's that possible, they've said throughout the FK2 that they're struggling to crack the ecu yet they share the same ECU

Sounds like the same method that Dream use. You have to crack the ECU open voiding warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
On TGT when May locks and unlocks the FK8 it makes a very 90s chirrup sound

Is this genuine ???

Thanks

Meh, I would have done the same, understandable though from a sales point of view.
The fk8 will go the same way at the same rate so not an issue for myself, was hoping around the 19 mark if I traded, 16 and falling I'll end up keeping it I reckon

Sounds like someone is trying to convince themselves they don't like the 8!!!!!

Sounds like someone who bought an FK2 just before the FK8 was launched. I'd have been happy with an FK2 but then I drove the FK8 and now I have to have one. Means I'll have to save a bit more but since I keep cars for 3yrs+ and a car like that with so much potential I could see me keeping 5-8yrs it's a no brainer.

If it's an early 15 reg car I'd say £16k is about right as a trade in at honda. Pretty sure when i bought mine i was offered £16k as the GFV if i took it PCP after 3 years. Anyone not looking to lose a lot of money should not be buying a new honda! loads of performance cars that can be bought used and run for a year or two with very little financial loss, a fair few you can expect to make money on if you choose sensibly. A friend of mine has lost £14k on his M4 since august last year! makes the type r depreciation seem a lot lighter. Just a case of someone not going in with their eyes open.

I'm surprised at the number of people jumping ship from the fk2 to an 8 in all honesty (yes i know it's a step up, as i've driven two) The fk8 is going to have a much longer production run than the fk2, best to enjoy the fk2 smash some miles on it, enjoy them, get your money's worth( by this i mean a good 20 to 30k miles,) Then step into the mid life face lift fk8s that will no doubt come out perhaps a limited edition or hopefully one with some more power too with a long production run i'd say more power is inevitable. interesting to see how the fk8s depreciate as they are making a lot of them in comparison to the fk2s. As soon as the fk8 was announced it was clear the fk2s would take a proper hammering in terms of value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back