• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

We are keeping the revs there just till everything is bedded in. It revs very freely though. And has as I have said more to give.

A couple of phone pics.....

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

That engine looks well cool G, even cooler knowing that its pushing 300bhp NA without any serious fine tuning.

:D

Amazing graph :) Bay looks incredible. So, what's been done? New block / cams / tb / associated stuff? :D

Ok. Spec as I remember it.

K24A2 Block, Blueprinted and honed.
Forged H Beam rods and Custom Pistons with Valve recesses. 12.1 comp ratio I think?
K20 head with Full stage 3 valve train from Skunk2 Racing V3 stage 3 cams, Pro springs, valves titanium retainers.
Skunk2 K Series Inlet Manifold and Pro Series TB. Port matched by TDI North.
Skunk2 70mm Mega Power Exhaust.
ARC Airbox
Skunk2 Composite Fuel rail.
Hondata K Pro Mapped by Paul
Speed Star Racing Aurora Rocker Cover (sent to me by Eric Moon).

I am sure there is a lot of other stuff, I will add as I remember...

That was mapped on the KPro quite conservatively then.

Will you have the VTEC kick smoothed out to give better delivery of power once its all run in and happy ??

awesome build G

how do these Frank engines compare size wise to the standard unit does the overall height alter eg sump is lower?

That was mapped on the KPro quite conservatively then.

Will you have the VTEC kick smoothed out to give better delivery of power once its all run in and happy ??

AS my tuner said:

Vtec should have been at 7000rpm and I don't want it that high for mechanical safety as its all getting a little bit fast in there to move the locators. Its set at 6000 purely as a compromise and you really can't feel a 5ft/lb dip when you already have 190.

The stage 3 cams as still making power on the low cam at that point and high cam doesn't start to make power until after 7000 at the amount of cam rotation we have.
It will all change when we rotate to 40' when its all run in.

Besides, it is pretty bloody quick as it stands and is so drivable its crazy.

awesome build G

how do these Frank engines compare size wise to the standard unit does the overall height alter eg sump is lower?

The block is a little taller, but it seems to sit fine within the bay, and if the sump is lower it is not noticeable. And my car is pretty low.

The block is a little taller, but it seems to sit fine within the bay, and if the sump is lower it is not noticeable. And my car is pretty low.

hmmm so you think it sits higher rather than lower i'm thinking more of a frank engine in an elise it's just ideas at the moment of future projects but space is tight as it is and trying to figure out if it can even fit at all?

Well I do need to tip my hat to you G.
oldtimer.gif

Congratulations on getting this build to completion and building a car that technically brilliant and drivable.
smartass.gif

You are right to be pleased with the results. I do hope that after fine tuning and the engine settling in you can gain a couple of more ponies. Once you do, please tell us how the new engine performs compared to a standard K20A2. Does it need to be wrung out or just a slight throttle tickle to get things exciting?

Very pleased for you. Keep this thread updated as time allows. 8)

Back