• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Haggis' NHB Premier Edition Civic Type-R (Boy Better Know, Pg16 - 19/7/11)

about time i created a thread for my EP3, but first i'll give you a short run down on my car history, mainly for me to reminisce lol

i started of in a 1.6 VW Polo 5 Door...great wee car, but met its end one morning when my mum was out driving it and someone tried to overtake her when she was turning right...clown...so it ended up like this (one of the only photos i have of her)
DSCF0671.jpg

i needed a car quickly to get me up to college every day as getting the bus into the junkie filled town of kilmarnock was, as you can imagine, full of junkies, so i ended up getting a BMW 316i saloon, heavy poverty spec, but done the job for a few months. (no pictures though, cos it was a heavy dunger lol)

after getting bored of the BMW, and the fact it was starting to fall to pieces around me due to having more than 200,000 miles on the clock lol, i chopped it in to a local car dealer and purchased the car that began my love affair with Hondas and the jap scene in general:
Image024.jpg

1999 Civic Coupe iLS

it went through many changes in the three years i owned it, and ended up looking like this:
DSC00012-1.jpg

with more EK9 parts than you can shake a stick at, and hiding a meaty JDM H22A under the hood, pulling 210bhp on the rollers with a Spoon N1 straight thru exhaust and a Spoon copy chipped ECU.

various things caused me to part company with the Coupe, but it led me to dip my toe into the murky waters of Poxhall ownership...never again let me tell you:
2002 Astra SRi 2.2, came with full irmscher catalogue on it, including some very rare bits and a set of Astra Twintop 18's - sold it after a week because i hated it that much lol
DSC00011-3.jpg

i then went out and bought myself this:
DSC00008-3.jpg

1991 Toyota Celica GT-Four
my first turbo and 4x4 lol!
was a cracking wee motor tbh, but it was just far too thirsty and not fast enough to justify it, and it had a number of problems, so i eventually swapped it for:
P311009_1209.jpg

another BMW 316i :lol:

done me through the winter and saved me a bit of cash....i sold it to WeBuyAnyCar and proceeded to purchase my EP3

bought it totally standard in March 2010, low miles, 2 owners and very clean!

DSC00001-5.jpg

i had planned to leave it relatively standard until i was time served in August, but i couldn't resist...so i picked up some new wheels:
DSC00021.jpg

and also bought one of the first Tegiwa Gruppe-M induction kit copies:
DSC00024-1.jpg

fitted it along with an E-Tech strut brace and some other carbon bits:
12bbaad5.jpg

its now got a carbon plug cover and a red SFS induction hose, but they're not in this picture

i also bought myself some mugen parts, namely a grille and a spoiler:
DSC00024-2.jpg

fitted some DC5 pedals:
%21B%28UvVHgBmk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBKbuUonvQ%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

and some new coilovers, bilsteins:
Bilstein1.jpg

got them all fitted and my wheels painted a copy of the Volk Bronze:
b2a312fa.jpg

so thats pretty much it to date for how it looks; but i've got a few purchases sitting in my shed awaiting fitment including

a JDM ARB
a Quaife LSD
a KPro in the post to me
some K-Sport LCAs also in the post
some Dixcel brakes
and a mugen twinloop backbox

need to buy a manifold and get a custom centre section made up to fit the Twinloop, so hopefully all this should be done over the winter :)

so thats about it, all comments and criticism welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good story :) .

Serious looking and sounding EP3 you're building there, perhaps look at TODA race headers if you want a manifold. I had one on my EP3 and it was outstanding.

Wheels look awesome in the Volk Bronze :twisted: .

Mad Dog lol.

Good story :) .

Serious looking and sounding EP3 you're building there, perhaps look at TODA race headers if you want a manifold. I had one on my EP3 and it was outstanding.

Wheels look awesome in the Volk Bronze :twisted: .

Mad Dog lol.

thanks dude!

yeah i took the mad dog sticker off because it had started to curl at the edges :p

i was meant to be getting a TODA manifold from my mate, but he's misplaced it/its been knicked, so i'm thinking of either a second hand spoon manifold or a Tegiwa replica TODA manifold

Looks good. I like your mod choices.

Very nice looking car indeed - will shift too!

Looking very nice!

thanks peeps

more to come...:D

Very nice car indeed. I love those spoilers!
You certainly spoil your cars though. I like how the Civic started your love affair with Honda, yet it took 3 cars to buy another lol.

Very nice car indeed. I love those spoilers!
You certainly spoil your cars though. I like how the Civic started your love affair with Honda, yet it took 3 cars to buy another lol.

:lol: i know, but i owned the Astra for a week, the celica for 5 weeks and the BMW for about 8 weeks lol

in between i had an MB1 civic that never saw the road and i ended up breaking it for parts and making more money on it than i bought it for

i knew i wanted an EP3 next, and it took me a while to find a really good one like this :)

well thats the K-Pro in....running on the RSX Cold Air basemap and it feels pretty good :)

looking forward to getting the exhaust done now :D

will be running it on the dyno on Saturday to see how she's doing...

232bhp and 160lbft

chuffed to bits tbh :)

need to raise the VTEC point from 4300 to about 5100 as there's a dip in torque from the VTEC being too early, but all in all the tuner reckons that its decent for a basemap :)

Is that mapped? Or on the cold air base map?

Awesome, if it aint mapped.

If it is mapped, great power considering you don't have a header. Healthy, man.

When I have my Vtec engines mapped I always request to have the Vtec crossover smoothed out, its makes for better power delivery.

Big figures :eek: .

cold air basemap :D

yeah there's no "kick" off the VTEC anymore, but its still pulling all the way to the redline very nicely....once i get the crossover raised i think it will pull slightly better on the road, as it does seem slightly hesitant

looks great mate! loving the mugen-ness :D how do you find the tegiwa airbox? where in ayrshire are you from ? :)

looks great mate! loving the mugen-ness :D how do you find the tegiwa airbox? where in ayrshire are you from ? :)

thanks buddy!

aye its pretty decent for the money...as i said i got one of the first batch so when i bought mine the real second hand ones were still going for 450-500quid but now that they've dropped a bit, its all down to what you wanna do at the end of the day...

i stay in Ayr mate, you local?

yeaaa, stay in prestwick mate, got a 1.8 corsa just now, gonna be selling up and moving onto an EP3 i hope :) where do you get all your tuning done round about here?

Back