• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Airbox Mod Done.... Some Pics

The CAF arrived today.

It looks really good quality. It has a silicone feel, and also a wire structure to keep it sturdy. I will fit it tomorrow morning when I get a chance, I would do it today but I have got a job interview this afternoon. ;)

Pics:

P1020489.jpg

P1020490.jpg

Is that sitting on a bit of glass?

Be quite interested to see how this pans out, where did you get that feed from?

Interview went very well thanks. :)

I am looking forward to fitting it, the CAF is great as I am able to mould the intake into a wide mouth so that it will fit perfectly above the rad in the grill making full use of the oversized pipe.

I'll post some pics. I also need to post a thread in the members rides as I have done a few things now. I am also picking up a brand new unsilenced 2.5" B Pipe tomorrow evening. :)

All fitted!

I have some sore fingers but it was all worth it.

I used the full 1/2 meter of feed, no need cut it shorter. The main reason for this is that I loosened the grille and fed the CAF through the gap above the rad then directly behind the grille. The CAF is great as it moulds to the exact shape you need. The Type R has not got loads of room at the front of the bay.

For some reason the system seems slightly louder now. The throttle response seems better and the CTR seems to pull like a train. I pick up my unsilenced 2.5" B Pipe tonight so I think that when that is fitted it will compliment my breathing mod.

P1020491.jpg

P1020492.jpg

P1020493.jpg

P1020494.jpg

P1020496.jpg

P1020497.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020504.jpg

P1020506.jpg

P1020507.jpg

P1020509.jpg

P1020510.jpg

P1020512.jpg

P1020514.jpg

P1020515.jpg

P1020516.jpg

P1020517.jpg

i think i may try the air feed like you have done as i have also modded my box but have an itg foam filter instead of the oem one.

I managed to take the type R out for a proper run in and test tonight. The results are that there is a definate improvement in performance.

The throttle is much more responsive, but the biggest improvement is when I am accelerating in VTEC at higher speeds. the engine feels alot stronger.

This is a thumbs up from me. :)

Can you buy the CAF longer than 500mm? I'm thinking of connecting ITG into fog light hole. Good thread BTW.

Back