• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Nice.

Get a short shifter and a different gear knob. I was pondering this mod for ages (about two and a half years in fact :lol: ) and I am very impressed and also annoyed that I didn't do it sooner. :cool:

That being said, I imagine you'll be selling up soon? It'll only be so long before putting the baby in the back will get on your nerves! :lol:

Nice.

Get a short shifter and a different gear knob. I was pondering this mod for ages (about two and a half years in fact :lol: ) and I am very impressed and also annoyed that I didn't do it sooner. :cool:

That being said, I imagine you'll be selling up soon? It'll only be so long before putting the baby in the back will get on your nerves! :lol:

I've just put that gear knob in as I had a FD2 one in before. Prefer the OEM one TBH.

I won't be selling any time soon. Getting the kid in and out of the car isn't going to be too much of a chore as in all honesty, she won't be in there that often, as she'll be with Sharon in the Corsa on a day to day basis.

Good Job! Like the seat too. I've been meaning to do mine but weather and other stuff has stopped me.

fe38da2c.jpg

I have got the same seat for ours, due in just under a week now :eek: 8)

I was amazed by how much space the seat takes up in the back (in my clio with the isofix)...

Small update. I've had to have the N/S rear arch repaired. It appears it's had a knock in the past and was repaired on the cheap with lashings of filler and a mediocre paint job. TBH I didn't notice until I was cleaning the lip on the rear arches one day and pulled off a big bit of filler! I did this back before christmas, however I didn't have enough spare cash to get it repaired then and there, so for a quick fix (a bare metal was exposed) I caked it in touch up paint.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

So it went off to the body shop yesterday and they stripped back the rear arch to bare metal, treated the rust, panel beat the arch back into shape (with some minor skimming to achieve the smoothest result) and then resprayed to a much higher standard.

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Unfortunately, this meant removing the side decal, so another had to be ordered from Honda. £25 for a decal :eek: I did quite like it without though:

IMG_0288.jpg

But I put it back to OEM with the side decal (The guide is for the door line BTW Dean ;)):

IMG_0290.jpg

I've also replaced the front bumper with another OEM one. Mine had a big paint defect in it and it was cheaper to replace it with another second hand one than it was to get it resprayed. I also sold mine on and recouped half my money anyway. The new bumper has had the hole in the centre for the number plate filled, so I've moved the numberplate to the N/S side. This is so you can see the point at the front of the bumper, which is usually hidden by the number plate. I've just stuck my old square plate on atm, but I intend to get a small single line plate to fix on as it will look cleaner.

photocomp2.jpg

Nice TJ, top job on the arch, looks better without the decal though :lol: .

Re, the number plater, are you going to go sticker like my S2K??

Excellent work so far Tone.

Nice workshop job on the rear arch. Car looks stealth with no decal but nice with it on.

Happy driving. 8)

Good job on the repair Tony. Liking the picture in the grass too, have you entered it into the Photo competition... :p

EDIT: You have... :twisted:

Back