• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Well seeing as I have a spare morning I thought I'd finally reveal a secret that I've been keeping for quite some time (almost 6 months to be exact); although it isn't secret to two people, they know who they are. :lol:

But two weeks ago I picked my car up from TGM after them having it for two weeks (coinciding with my yearly service); taking the car from the state you see below to something quite different. ;)

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

From the above, to how she stands now:

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Personally, I think they look fecking awesome! However, if I had known how much they cost to prep, fit, and paint, I very much doubt I would have ordered them. Saying that, TGM have done an excellent job and I am very pleased with them.

Some of the more eagle-eyed will note that the car is higher than before, and that is because Tom (TGM) raised the front by 12mm as he was scared that if I hit a bump whilst turning that the tyres would catch and shatter them (only being made from fibreglass). It looked amazing slammed with them on, but I went ahead and had the car raised, but think perhaps it was too much. So may have it lowered slightly when I have the geometry re-done (as raising it has thrown the angles and camber out and the car now handles like a bag of spanners).

So next up; lowering (perhaps), geometry, and finally getting a second silencer fitted to the old exhaust as I never seem to have the time recently (in the process of buying a house so all my spare time seems to be being taken up by shopping!).

Just having a catch up Karl. Looks awesome but can't be reading everything since I looked here last. Did notice my motor parked behind yours there though. Never remember seeing it.

Wings looked awesome.

Car looks great. Cheers guys. Anyone know if those tyres will fit ok on the standard wheels? In the 225 width I mean? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

not been on for a while, those wings are epic, my buddy with the 300bhp K20/24 fd2 has just had the j's fenders fitted to his, very nice addition karl :)

Out of interest how do you get the car through an MOT in terms of the exhaust (no cat and louder than a nuclear explosion) :)

Just having a catch up Karl. Looks awesome but can't be reading everything since I looked here last. Did notice my motor parked behind yours there though. Never remember seeing it.

Wings looked awesome.

Hello mate, yes I thought I recognised the car at the time, and did hang around to see if anyone laid claim to it so I could say hello, but to no avail. And thank you. :)

Each. Plus fitting and paint.

Not each, about £650 or so for the pair including shipping and taxes etc. But then the fitting and paint was in the region of £800, so probably a few pints short of £1,500. Nut sacks. :lol:

Car looks great. Cheers guys. Anyone know if those tyres will fit ok on the standard wheels? In the 225 width I mean? Thanks.

Hi Lewis, thanks for the compliments. :) Although I would avoid trying to fit the RE070's to standard wheels as the 225 width is probably too much (they are designed for an 8 inch wide rim, not a 7", which is OEM). Plus, I had quite the turmoil getting them to fit in the rear arches. Rolling and extra camber was required. Along with pushing the camber at the front to over 3 degrees.

not been on for a while, those wings are epic, my buddy with the 300bhp K20/24 fd2 has just had the j's fenders fitted to his, very nice addition karl :)

I saw that in the Scottish drive thread; looks good. Post a picture of it with the new wings. :) And thank you.

Out of interest how do you get the car through an MOT in terms of the exhaust (no cat and louder than a nuclear explosion) :)

He sucks off the MOT guy:lol:

Pure speculation. Of which I cannot deny. :lol: !!!

But no, it's just finding a friendly MOT tester that understands and is willing to overlook it so long as the rest of the car is safe and complies with the law.

Could well be the end of an era, for the foreseeable future at least.

My exhaust finally got me pulled over yesterday morning after getting some petrol before heading to work. No-one was letting me out so I saw a gap and went for it. Police car waiting in traffic at another junction on a roundabout 300 yards away heard me accelerate, "every fraction of pressure applied to the accelerator". Needless to say they pulled me over and have given me a ticket for driving with an illegal exhaust (no catalytic converter or rear silencer) and I will hear my fate by way of an inbound fine within the next three weeks. I also have to make my exhaust quieter (fit my track rear section) as soon as possible, as if I'm seen with the 70RR still attached to my car again, they'll just impound and crush it. :freak: Balls.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

"Sir do you know why we have pulled you over?"
"WHAAAAT?"
"I said, do you know why we have pulled you over?"
"I CANT HEAR YOU MATE, I HAVE TINNITUS!"

Back