• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Well seeing as I'm a tad OCD, I have remembered today that I have a spreadsheet of all of my parts, who I sold them to, at what price, and when they transferred the money. :lol: Yet seeing as it was so long in between the last item sold and the final item (Mu discs for an offensive price) I had forgotten about it. But it is now updated/ complete.

Just a note on the losses you make when you modify a car; compared to what I had spent, my return in monetary terms was £14,415. A mere 26.5% of what it cost me. But then you don't modify a car to reap financial reward; it was worth every penny!

It is also worth noting that from that figure I had to spend about £2,000 in garage fees getting the bits that I couldn't do myself swapped over; gearbox internals mainly. So about a £12k return. Which I suppose isn't too bad, I guess it's all relative.
57807827.jpg

Karl you must have woken up thinking 'how can I depress myself on this fine Sunday' LOL

As you said though no one modifies a car to make a profit and on the plus side...

1) You built the most extreme EP3 I have personally seen.
2) As you said in a previous post, you could afford to do it so why not.
3) Most importantly you enjoyed the journey.

The way I look at it is, if you're feeding yourself and paying your bills then it doesn't matter what other money has been spent-particularly when it's on fun stuff. I'd then be thinking "wow, £12k windfall, nice one!"

It's also worth considering that the amount quoted in the first post includes servicing and repair, which all cars have. Also worth remembering that you've actually used the car and the parts fitted, it's not as if you just lost money, you've made use of it and cars naturally depreciate in price anyway.

Oh yes, it's all total expenditure; it was only mentioned as a point of reference and for curious people who have asked the question in the past.

Random bump for the one year anniversary of no longer owning this. Still waiting for the day the opportunity to buy another Type R presents itself.

Just think a part of your car is living in other Civic's including mine, well when I get round to still fit it anyway

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nah, I may end up just fitting them :lol: I don't really see why people are put off by the crack, it's barely noticeable.

18-months-without-a-post bump. Because I can (and I'm bored).

Perhaps to give all of you noobs something to aspire to. :lol:

Back